News: PFT: Jerry: "Zeke who?"

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We're a different team with Elliot. Not necessarily a better team. You always want your best players on the field. It's about at what cost.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Cant tell you how great it was watching Pollard tear it up. This notion that Zeke is the only good back that can run behind a quality line is ridiculous.

Give me Pollard, a first round pick, a 3rd round pick, 15 million a year for 5 years and use that 3rd rounder on another quality back. I will take all that over Zeke any day.

Zeke for 15 million per season or

-Pollard
-3rd round RB
-First round pick used for a safety
-15 million per season to use on a pro bowl level DT in FA
Pretty strong endorsement for one game.....remember Zeke is an elite three-down RB. Odds of replacing him with one guy are pretty slim.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry's obviously kidding around ........lol

Jerry Jones: “Zeke who?”
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 18, 2019, 6:15 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/18/jerry-jones-zeke-who/
After Cowboys rookie running back Tony Pollard had a solid outing in Saturday night’s preseason game, Jerry Jones suggested that Pollard might have made Ezekiel Elliott‘s attempt to get a new contract a little bit harder.

Asked about Elliott after the game, Jones said, “Zeke who?”
Good ole Jerrah - open mouth insert luxury yacht. We need Zeke - a couple of good preseason games doesn't serve as leverage for an elite RB. That said, Pollard looks like a keeper.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Jerry really made that "Zeke who?" comment then if I'm Zeke I am demanding a trade .
Very disrespectful
You need to read the whole comment.
Jerry says no,we arent getting cute. Pollard would be a compliment to Zeke.

Zeke is getting signed. But I’d say sitting out of camp with two years left on your deal is 1000000x more disrespectful than an obviously funny and non serious small part part of one comment.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Quoting this again as the "deny Zeke anything" crew engages in selective reading to correspond to their hopes. Jones is talking as if Zeke will be signed and I think he will be.

"After last week's preseason opener against the San Francisco 49ers, Jerry Jones said Tony Pollard has shown he could be an every-down back. On Sunday, the owner and general manager was asked if Pollard is the best negotiating ploy the Cowboys have in talks with Ezekiel Elliott. "Zeke who?" Jones joked. Pollard had 51 yards on the Cowboys' first drive that ended with his 14-yard touchdown run. "He knows exactly what to do, and he knows how to do it, so it is, he goes out there and he plays to that level," Jones said. "If he continues this through the next several weeks, he's going to be right in the middle of it early, and that will really complement what we're doing with Zeke. Not replace that. And I mean that, not replace that. Nobody's getting cute here, but it'll certainly be a great complement … I can picture those guys same sets at the same times out there and really giving those defenses fits."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You need to read the whole comment.
Jerry says no,we arent getting cute. Pollard would be a compliment to Zeke.

Zeke is getting signed. But I’d say sitting out of camp with two years left on your deal is 1000000x more disrespectful than an obviously funny and non serious small part part of one comment.

It's called a negotiation ploy, not disrespect. Same as Lawrence holding off on surgery for a new deal or the Cowboys leaking that Dak wanted $40M per year.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Its been implied that Gurley's $14.3m was a starting point. The $15m is a rough estimate that we are confident its in the ballpark of. I doubt the boys offered him $8m per year but it might be $12m or $14m. That doesn't change the point of my post though. The Cowboys offered Zeke a lot of money and might be rethinking that.

He was offered Bell money that’s the issue. SJ set the bar with Gurley quote and offered him less money. If he was offered 15m he’d be signed and here.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cant tell you how great it was watching Pollard tear it up. This notion that Zeke is the only good back that can run behind a quality line is ridiculous.

Give me Pollard, a first round pick, a 3rd round pick, 15 million a year for 5 years and use that 3rd rounder on another quality back. I will take all that over Zeke any day.

Zeke for 15 million per season or

-Pollard
-3rd round RB
-First round pick used for a safety
-15 million per season to use on a pro bowl level DT in FA

What team are you talking about?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL....Jerry having to much of the Blue label....
\Ok Jerry go to war without #21 and depend on Pollard and Dak...
GL with that Jerry.
We will win minimal 6-7 games and that's because of our defense.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Jerry is a clown. Only really wealthy guy I'd ever say that about. Except one notable exception but I can't go there due to the board's 'no politics' policy.
You already went there, anybody with half a brain knows EXACTLY who you're talking about. This guy lives in y'all's head rent free, literally makes you insane. It's truly hilarious.

Zeke better hope like hell Pollard doesn't go off for 100+ in the season opener.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fake News

Playoffs is another beast, I want my beast Zeke on my side to get the W.

"After last week's preseason opener against the San Francisco 49ers, Jerry Jones said Tony Pollard has shown he could be an every-down back. On Sunday, the owner and general manager was asked if Pollard is the best negotiating ploy the Cowboys have in talks with Ezekiel Elliott. "Zeke who?" Jones joked. Pollard had 51 yards on the Cowboys' first drive that ended with his 14-yard touchdown run. "He knows exactly what to do, and he knows how to do it, so it is, he goes out there and he plays to that level," Jones said. "If he continues this through the next several weeks, he's going to be right in the middle of it early, and that will really complement what we're doing with Zeke. Not replace that. And I mean that, not replace that. Nobody's getting cute here, but it'll certainly be a great complement … I can picture those guys same sets at the same times out there and really giving those defenses fits."

icon-espn-e-@2x.png

5h
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys
You mean how Zeke showed up against the Rams during the playoffs last season?

:popcorn:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Yet you did anyway, with your drawn out description. On a football board. For no apparent reason.

TDS.

Touchdowns? I think pollard only scored 1 last night.

Unless you’re talking as a team because they did get two

CWR

Reaction score
POLLARD > FAT ZEKE

The preceding statement is complete and utter garbage and in no way reflects the posters actual views or reality to date.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Zeke just needs to drop his demands and come back to the team under the contract he is currently signed to. If he has another solid season, he will get paid in a year.

Pretty much agree...but I doubt that will happen. Thing is, IF he was in the last year of his deal it would be one thing but as I understand it he has two more years to go. So I am on JJ's side but he doesn't make it an easier when he hits the Johnny Red and says the crap he does after a ball game. Clown show.