PFT: Judge rejects NFL’s position on “fundamental fairness” in arbitrations

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
But we are talking about politics here. It’s enviable that someone’s feelings get hurt, or someone insults someone else. Asking people to be civil in a political discussion is like trying to go to a concert and sleeping. It will never happen
Unless it's Kenny G..........;)

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
QUOTE="PBCCowboy, post: 7605961, member: 38061"]
EDIT: I totally messed up this "quote", didn't I?

It does that to me frequently. The darn cursor jumps around while I'm inputting text, only while using my phone. I usually catch it, then go back and fix the [in quote code] at the top removing the text it inserted into the code.

:thumbup:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Filing after the season would make no sense. The only reason to appeal the injunction would be to still try to suspend him games this season.

If it gets to the offseason just go to regular trial and don't waste time on the appeal.
The judge that is on vacation(Judge Failla) will hear the case presented by Zeke's legal team on 30 Oct. She will already have been briefed by Judge Cotty on the fundamental fairness concerns be has expressed and have read the written concerns of fundamental fairness expressed by the 5th Circuit Appeals panel and Judge Mazzant of the Eastern District of Texas. She's not likely to disagree with them on the fundamental fairness issue. The PI is a 99% certainty to being granted by her. Once that happens, Zeke is playing the rest of the season. The courts won't get to hearing this case until the off season and with all these judges agreeing about fundamental fairness, Zeke is likely to win this case. Then the NFL may appeal... I don't know on what basis but they either appeal or let the case go.

Sydla

Reaction score
The judge that is on vacation(Judge Failla) will hear the case presented by Zeke's legal team on 30 Oct. She will already have been briefed by Judge Cotty on the fundamental fairness concerns be has expressed and have read the written concerns of fundamental fairness expressed by the 5th Circuit Appeals panel and Judge Mazzant of the Eastern District of Texas. She's not likely to disagree with them on the fundamental fairness issue. The PI is a 99% certainty to being granted by her. Once that happens, Zeke is playing the rest of the season. The courts won't get to hearing this case until the off season and with all these judges agreeing about fundamental fairness, Zeke is likely to win this case. Then the NFL may appeal... I don't know on what basis but they either appeal or let the case go.

Which doesn't change my point.

There's no point in filing an appeal of the injunction after the season is over. If the NFL can't get a quick hearing on an appeal, then they likely won't file the appeal, something I said like 3 posts ago.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL, now I am human garbage?
I'm entitled to my opinion. If you have a problem with it then convince we otherwise. I'm sure you'd rather I be honest rather than pretend to be your friend. At least I respect you that much.

Wood

Reaction score

this comes down to which appellate judges Zeke gets but for first time I think there is good chance Zeke comes out of this with no suspension enforced.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
this comes down to which appellate judges Zeke gets but for first time I think there is good chance Zeke comes out of this with no suspension enforced.

Well, the NFL doesn't get to see who the appellate judge is before deciding to appeal or not. If it gets that far, it will mean 4 Federal judges will have ruled in favor of Elliott. How many times will the NFL tolerate getting smacked down before calling it a loss? Fundamental fairness is still the issue at hand and is easily proven was not given to Elliott no matter the judge hearing the case. I think there is more than a good chance Zeke comes out of this with no suspension enforced.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm entitled to my opinion. If you have a problem with it then convince we otherwise. I'm sure you'd rather I be honest rather than pretend to be your friend. At least I respect you that much.

LOL.

You are an odd fellow, that's for sure. Entertaining, but odd.

diefree666

Reaction score
Well, the NFL doesn't get to see who the appellate judge is before deciding to appeal or not. If it gets that far, it will mean 4 Federal judges will have ruled in favor of Elliott. How many times will the NFL tolerate getting smacked down before calling it a loss? Fundamental fairness is still the issue at hand and is easily proven was not given to Elliott no matter the judge hearing the case. I think there is more than a good chance Zeke comes out of this with no suspension enforced.
IF Zeke's lawyers can make that basis the test for the case then they have a good shot at winning due to the NFL's clear shenanigans. THAT of course is where it all turns. I think the NFL has blown it by saying the CBA allows them to do what they want.