PFT: Judge rejects NFL’s position on “fundamental fairness” in arbitrations

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
the question I have and maybe one of our legal heads can answer. Couldn't NFL simply have another arbitration hearing and allow Zeke counsel to question the accuser and share notes? That would essentially squash NFLPA case. What's to prevent NFL from doing that?

I’m no lawyer, but since they had one and ruled on it, I don’t think they can. Wouldn’t it have to be in the CBA that they can have multiple arbitration hearings? I’d assume it’s one and done.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Huh? Missing this week? Have you paid attention? He’s playing and was practicing today. lol geez man

I know that dumbie. If they reinstate the suspension for one week (this week) and have it be over with just in time for the rough run of the schedule

You wouldn’t be cool with that?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I know that dumbie. If they reinstate the suspension for one week (this week) and have it be over with just in time for the rough run of the schedule

Name calling? Cool story

Follow along it’s highly unlikely the returning judge will overturn the ruling. Right now he’s got 2 weeks. Got it?

erod

Reaction score
That is why I mentioned the team union reps and the board. THEY set the agenda; not the rank and file. THAT was proven in the last CBA negotiations. And the rank and file will go along with what they want. THAT has also been proven in the past.

And frankly I think you are very wrong about how many players do not care. The fringe guys- desperate to just make a roster- they probably do not care. BUT the established starters and those thinking they can be in the NFL for some years- very different story.

Average NFL career is 3.5 years. Players are VERY disposable.

Most of the players who take a stand for this will never reap its benefits. They want theirs while their small window is open.

diefree666

Reaction score
Average NFL career is 3.5 years. Players are VERY disposable.

Most of the players who take a stand for this will never reap its benefits. They want theirs while their small window is open.

THAT 3.5 YEAR figure is for the fringe players. You think the players are a lot dumber then they actually are.

AND once again its the team reps and board that decide things.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
THAT 3.5 YEAR figure is for the fringe players. You think the players are a lot dumber then they actually are.

Yeah I don't know why people lazily quote 3.5yrs stats like we don't see good players in the league for a minimum of double that. What non fringe player only been in the league for 3.5yrs if an injury or something serious off the field wasn't involved?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know why people lazily quote 3.5yrs stats like we don't see good players in the league for a minimum of double that. What non fringe player only been in the league for 3.5yrs if an injury or something serious off the field wasn't involved?

Phil I am giving you way too many likes lately! I am walking that my dude @Trouty path

erod

Reaction score

No, that's an average. That's why they call it an average.

Players ultimately decide. Reps yield to pursue from players every time.

Money is king with 90 percent of players.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Has the league explained why Zeke got 6-games and Josh Brown only got 1-game (initially), or why Junior Galette got 2-games?

diefree666

Reaction score
No, that's an average. That's why they call it an average.

Players ultimately decide. Reps yield to pursue from players every time.

Money is king with 90 percent of players.
PROVE what you just posted as regards reps and that BS 90% figure.

Nothing but opinion.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Name calling? Cool story

Follow along it’s highly unlikely the returning judge will overturn the ruling. Right now he’s got 2 weeks. Got it?
Dumbie......really?????????

erod

Reaction score
PROVE what you just posted as regards reps and that BS 90% figure.

Nothing but opinion.

Easy. The NFLPA has caved every single time in the past. Players careers are short in football, and time is wasting. NFL players always cave.

Most players never get in trouble. Do you dispute that? They aren't worried about the thugs' problems. They want to get their money.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Exactly...

The league doesn't care who they screw...as long as they are allowed to screw people without consequence.

Sounds like another lawsuit in the making to me. Slander? Civil suite? Defamation of character? Wouldn't be hard for a player like Zeke to prove he's lost millions in endorsements because the NFL wanted to make him a scapegoat for their Ray Rice blunder. Just sayin. :rolleyes:
Let’s assume Zeke and union win, can they turn around and take Roger to court? I ask this because I’m a Canadian following this case.

diefree666

Reaction score
Easy. The NFLPA has caved every single time in the past. Players careers are short in football, and time is wasting. NFL players always cave.

Most players never get in trouble. Do you dispute that? They aren't worried about the thugs' problems. They want to get their money.

In other words you got nothing and are just blowing hot air