News: PFT: Justin Fields on not touching down Micah Parsons

DuceizBak

Reaction score
If you're a Bears fan you're happy. I said before I was never high on Mac Jones...Mac Jones is essentially a guy who will be a career back up. He's a cerebral guy, generally makes good decisions..but has a weak arm. Despite Trey Lance still being a question mark, I don't blame them for moving up to get him over Jones.

For future reference to anybody reading this, you don't need a Josh Allen rocket arm, but good arm strength is a MUST to be a good QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you're a Bears fan you're happy. I said before I was never high on Mac Jones...Mac Jones is essentially a guy who will be a career back up. He's a cerebral guy, generally makes good decisions..but has a weak arm. Despite Trey Lance still being a question mark, I don't blame them for moving up to get him over Jones.

For future reference to anybody reading this, you don't need a Josh Allen rocket arm, but good arm strength is a MUST to be a good QB.

Yes. You need a decent arm in order to zip the ball in there when need be. But I'm not sure I'm happy as a Bears fan. All they really have is a run game. Their QB is a big part of it. Yeah they can give team fits, but at some point they get stopped. If anything, the Bears remind me of a highschool team with a really good QB running the ball. Half of their success is on busted plays.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Why would you be happy as a Bears fan.

Fields can barely throw a forward pass.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yes. You need a decent arm in order to zip the ball in there when need be. But I'm not sure I'm happy as a Bears fan. All they really have is a run game. Their QB is a big part of it. Yeah they can give team fits, but at some point they get stopped. If anything, the Bears remind me of a highschool team with a really good QB running the ball. Half of their success is on busted plays.

Fields need playmakers.......how good would Hurts be w/o Brown and Smith.

Flamma

Reaction score
Fields need playmakers.......how good would Hurts be w/o Brown and Smith.

I agree. How good would Lamar be in 2019? It's the same concept. Hurts relies heavily on the success of the RPO to get anything going with the pass. The moment a team shuts that down, they'll lose. The 9-7 Titans did it to the 14-2 Ravens. But yeah, AJ Brown makes it a lot easier. The same could be said about the Dolphins. Once the situation around these QBs isn't ideal, they're garbage. It's not easy to maintain an ideal situation for long.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
giphy.gif

RonWashington

Reaction score

I thought Justin Fields was the best QB in the draft last yr and nothing since has changed my mind . Surround him with sold receivers a pass catching TE and build up an average OL that is currently there. The new GM has his work cut out for him that defense is horrible .

Scotman

Reaction score
That was such an off play for the Bears. If I'm a Bears' fan I'm not bothered by Fields on that play. He just thought he was down already. He was wrong, but that's what he was thinking. And if they think he's their franchise QB, I don't want him making tackles anyway.

foofighters

Reaction score
That was such an off play for the Bears. If I'm a Bears' fan I'm not bothered by Fields on that play. He just thought he was down already. He was wrong, but that's what he was thinking. And if they think he's their franchise QB, I don't want him making tackles anyway.
I think it's more about the culture of the NFL. You can barely look at anyone without drawing a 15 yard penalty. A player sees Parsons on the both knees and you don't want to initiate any contact. It's more of the leagues fault than anything else.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree. How good would Lamar be in 2019? It's the same concept. Hurts relies heavily on the success of the RPO to get anything going with the pass. The moment a team shuts that down, they'll lose. The 9-7 Titans did it to the 14-2 Ravens. But yeah, AJ Brown makes it a lot easier. The same could be said about the Dolphins. Once the situation around these QBs isn't ideal, they're garbage. It's not easy to maintain an ideal situation for long.

Exactly but this is where Roseman was smart in getting Brown, another elite WR for Hurts to go with Smith. Now add a top 10 TE, top 10 RB aand QB the leads the league in rushing attempts, its no wonder their offense is nearly unstoppable.

To be honest, I didn't know the name of any Bears WRs until Sunday.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I assumed he forgot that you have to touch someone down in the NFL.

Flamma

Reaction score
Exactly but this is where Roseman was smart in getting Brown, another elite WR for Hurts to go with Smith. Now add a top 10 TE, top 10 RB aand QB the leads the league in rushing attempts, its no wonder their offense is nearly unstoppable.

To be honest, I didn't know the name of any Bears WRs until Sunday.

I agree with you. But to be honest, I don't see a team running the RPO winning a SB. Yeah, the state of the NFC is not good. So Philly are probably going to win a lot of games, It's a pretty weak conference. We'll just have to see how long the honeymoon lasts.