News: PFT: Justin Fields on not touching down Micah Parsons

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you. But to be honest, I don't see a team running the RPO winning a SB. Yeah, the state of the NFC is not good. So Philly are probably going to win a lot of games, It's a pretty weak conference. We'll just have to see how long the honeymoon lasts.
I bet the bills will be in the hunt..at least.

FaSho

Reaction score
Fields isn't the reason they lost, and he's right that you can't just point to one play.

I'm happy about it though :)

joseephuss

Reaction score
I agree. How good would Lamar be in 2019? It's the same concept. Hurts relies heavily on the success of the RPO to get anything going with the pass. The moment a team shuts that down, they'll lose. The 9-7 Titans did it to the 14-2 Ravens. But yeah, AJ Brown makes it a lot easier. The same could be said about the Dolphins. Once the situation around these QBs isn't ideal, they're garbage. It's not easy to maintain an ideal situation for long.

Do the Dolphins run a lot of RPO? Tua doesn't seem to run the ball that much.

manster4ever

Reaction score
If you're a Bears fan you're happy. I said before I was never high on Mac Jones...Mac Jones is essentially a guy who will be a career back up. He's a cerebral guy, generally makes good decisions..but has a weak arm. Despite Trey Lance still being a question mark, I don't blame them for moving up to get him over Jones.

For future reference to anybody reading this, you don't need a Josh Allen rocket arm, but good arm strength is a MUST to be a good QB.

I live a couple hours out of Chicago and the sports radio guys this morning were giddy with excitement over Fields performance yesterday. Their D? It will be fixed in the next 2-3 years with solid drafts and FA deals. I have to say I agree with them. I watched Fields a lot at OSU and he's got a pretty similar skill set to Hurts in Philly. To me, those are the prototypical QB's right now in the league. NO, not saying Dak can't win big cuz I think he can but injuries have robbed him of some mobility. (although he had a couple nice runs yesterday)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you're a Bears fan you're happy. I said before I was never high on Mac Jones...Mac Jones is essentially a guy who will be a career back up. He's a cerebral guy, generally makes good decisions..but has a weak arm. Despite Trey Lance still being a question mark, I don't blame them for moving up to get him over Jones.

For future reference to anybody reading this, you don't need a Josh Allen rocket arm, but good arm strength is a MUST to be a good QB.

I doubt there’s any happy Bears fans their team is 3-5 and Justin Fields has only had one 200 yard passing game all season and is completing less than 60% of his passes. Yesterday was probably the best game of his career and he only had 151 yards passing. He has potential but he has to become more productive with his arm. Next season could be make or break for him in Chicago. If they add some weapons for him during the offseason he could really takeoff.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Low IQ play.

Not a thinking QB.

At this moment, NFL slightly too big for him. This is not "thee" Ohio St.

But then, he plays for da Bearsh.

Flamma

Reaction score
Do the Dolphins run a lot of RPO? Tua doesn't seem to run the ball that much.

Not that I noticed. But the situation around Tua in general is much better. I realize I mixed him in with a couple of RPO guys.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Fields need playmakers.......how good would Hurts be w/o Brown and Smith.
Dont forget better coaches, chicago coaches suck.
This play was about lack of fundamentals, which has to be coached. I saw a wr pull up and stop, he was chasing the play, but like all the chicago
players, did not notice no one had touched parsons.

that play was a killer for chicago, and parsons should have been touched down lol.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Good guy Justin thought Parsons was down and did not want to step on him ....... now everyone is messing with him about it.