News: PFT: Kyle Shanahan says today's players don't know about the 49ers-Cowboys rivalry

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Heck most of the posters on this board are to young to remember that we beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship Games in 1970 and 1971.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The last four times the Cowboys and 49ers met in the playoffs the winner of the game went on to win the Super Bowl.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not surprising. If you were born the year of The Catch, you are 40 years old now. Things change. Not surprising. There are new rivalries now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
they will once the network re-airs every one of them since the matchup was released sunday night lol

not that it matters but fans remember if you were part of the following both in the 90s you remember every matchup, my first ever cowboy game i watched when we moved to TX was the 1981 catch game.

shabazz

Reaction score
You know you are old when....

You saw....

Cassius Clay box
Jim Brown at Syracuse
Gorgeous George rassle
Bob Hayes run while at Florida A&M
There was no Dallas Cowboys to watch
All white football teams in the SEC and SWC
Mel Renfro was a running back at Oregon
Don Meredith QBing SMU
Jack Parr on the Tonight Show
Amos & Andy
Flash Gordon

Who can forget.....

…….and Birmingham Brown from Jackie Chan…

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Today's players do not know about any of the storied rivalries of the past. They're more concerned with keeping their FA options open.

khiladi

Reaction score
There’s guys that talk about the 80s or 70s Cowboys too, so there’s quite a range of ages here. That’s like ancient history to me lol.

That’s a lot of glorious tradition of winning, starting from the 70s, so you can imagine the nostalgia. As far as the 80s, it was like day and night. While in the 90s, it was like day and night once again. Ever since the 2000s, it’s been like night the whole time almost.