PFT: League planning to hold draft in TV studio setting

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Perhaps this will also make the draft go a bit quicker which would be fine with me.

Nah, the NFL wants to squeeze every bit of screen grab time as possible. Making every penny count, either way.

By all means, if the 1st round could be called and rolled through in an hour..I'd be all for it. There's no way they would let that happen though.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As long as we dont get nimrod players like the DB eagles kicker trying to best dp88. It cant be done....

dogberry

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how the League, the Network(s), and the teams do distancing.

Norm will cover the draft from the radio station or home?

Will players do live interviews from home?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not a bad idea actually. However, they should theme it like Maury though to increase the primal entertainment value commensurate with pro-football.

Can you picture it instead of Goodell opening up an envelope containing paternity test results, it's the draft pick. Meanwhile the owners and GM's of teams are tackling, duking it out in the background.

“Jerry Jeudy.... you are NOT the pick.”

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
All I need is the pick and the player analysis, turning the event into something that resembles a rock concert is hard for this fan to endure.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
no surprise.
i knew it was likely headed to this kind of planning from NFL.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m going to miss hearing people boo Roger.
And now ladies and gentlemen, the commish of the NFL, Roger Goodell....

Boo_This_Man.gif

Beaker42

Reaction score
League planning to hold draft in TV studio setting - ProFootballTalk

GettyImages-1145126934-e1584874462248.jpg

The NFL draft will proceed as expected, but with a look and feel that no one ever would have expected for the league's premier offseason event. Sam Farmer of the L.A. Times reports that "current plans call for some type of studio setting with cut-ins from the headquarters of the teams making the selection at [more]

Read Full Story
Sooooo - like it used to be BITD

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Draft isnt something to watch. I just look it up later and see who Dallas got and who went where the 1st 2 rounds.
Not everyone does it as you do nor should they. The discussions going on during the live draft are interesting and worth listening to in a live environment. Being done in a studio should not change that interest. I think it is a good idea and can be done in a very entertaining way.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
If there is no chance of getting trolled by a squeaky-voiced kicker, then I'm not watching.

I’ll watch it either way. But I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that was hilarious.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To be honest they’ve turned the draft into an overblown primetime extravaganza. It’s like turning into the Academy Awards. They roll out the red carpet for all these players dressed in their fancy suits. They interview them as they’re walking down the red carpet. They parade them onto the stage. Maybe I’m just too old school but I liked draft the way it was years ago. I don’t care about all the pageantry. I just want to listen to the analysis from the panel of experts and hear the selections.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think to make it interesting, they need to have plenty of live look-ins with athletes. I'm good with them not hugging Godfather Goodell...but I want to see live reactions from being selected.

blueblood70

Reaction score
League planning to hold draft in TV studio setting - ProFootballTalk

GettyImages-1145126934-e1584874462248.jpg

The NFL draft will proceed as expected, but with a look and feel that no one ever would have expected for the league's premier offseason event. Sam Farmer of the L.A. Times reports that "current plans call for some type of studio setting with cut-ins from the headquarters of the teams making the selection at [more]

Read Full Story
doesnt change much does it, I mean for the common fan who isnt attending and watch it on tv anyway? as long as we know who was chosen especially at our picks and this goes off and they complete a draft, I dont see an issue for it.. it only changes the experience for the players and the fans who typically attend..

im simply glad they allowed FA and the Draft.. the OTAs and MCs are in jeopardy but that it really//