News: PFT: LeSean McCoy: Our confidence level is out of this world

NewsBot

Reaction score
The Eagles laid a beating on the Bears on Sunday night, continuing a finishing kick that has left them with a chance to win the NFC East by beating the Cowboys next weekend in Dallas. Philly’s first meeting with the Eagles was one of the low points of their season as they mustered just three…http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2232982&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles laid a beating on the Bears on Sunday night, continuing a finishing kick that has left them with a chance to win the NFC East by beating the Cowboys next weekend in Dallas. Philly’s first meeting with the Eagles was one of the low points of their season as they mustered just three…http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2232982&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

I wonder how it felt after last week's meltdown.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Well cant say it's misplaced. If I was about to face the worst defense in NFL history for the NFCE title, I'd be pretty confident too. Just got to go out and prove him wrong.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
After that shellacking of the Bears, it is completely justified. Of course, confidence, like a cherry blossom in spring, is such a fragile and fleeting thing. :D

mldardy

Reaction score
Well cant say it's misplaced. If I was about to face the worst defense in NFL history for the NFCE title, I'd be pretty confident too. Just got to go out and prove him wrong.

Well can say it's misplaced. If I was facing a team that held my team to 3 points in my own building and held me personally to 55 rushing yards with a 3.1 avg, I'd keep my mouth shut and just get ready to play on Sunday. Just got to go out and shut him down AGAIN.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was back in this world. lol

Philly has ran hot and cold themselfs this season, they can't be all that great they lost to us. lol

They may win next week but they'll get absolutely assaulted in the playoffs and then they can ask him about their confidence level again.

visionary

Reaction score
scheme/plan to beat the eagles:

on defense:
1. contain mccoy
2. be physical with djax (he loses interest if he is not involved early)

on offense:
1. score first (eagles are front runners)
2. run the ball

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

on defense:
1. contain mccoy

on offense:
2. run the ball

I think we need to take some chances. Fake punt, onside kick, flea flicker, something to make a statement early on. I don't want to just line up and try to win vanilla.

visionary

Reaction score
I think we need to take some chances. Fake punt, onside kick, flea flicker, something to make a statement early on. I don't want to just line up and try to win vanilla.

only take chances that work :D

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Remember when:

mcnabb-air-guitar.gif

blackbull

Reaction score

You forgot who our coach is. Has he ever dialed up a flea flicker? A random onside kick? Hell anything you named? Lol but he's desperate so the pos may do it.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

on defense:
1. contain mccoy

on offense:
2. run the ball

And…go deep a lot!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They may win next week but they'll get absolutely assaulted in the playoffs and then they can ask him about their confidence level again.

That could happen. I can't sit here and say 100% we beat Philly. It is going to be a fight. I also know that if you make post season you got a chance to do something. I never guarantee victory I also never expect to lose. you play them one at a time and keep on playing until you get beat or you make it all the way. Great thing about sports you never know what can happen. I’m not being optimistic or pessimistic just being realistic based on 45 years of watching the NFL.

Reaction score
If you can say one thing about Garrett, it's that he doesn't believe in gimmicks. He's even reluctant to for it on 4th down unless it's absolutely necessary.

I doubt we will see fake punts, flea flickers, etc. Parcells was more likely to do this stuff than Garrett is.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Haven't seen a flea flicker since 2006... It would certainly change things up.

beevomav

Reaction score
Kelly teams are front runners. Hit Philly in the mouth and, like Oregon, they will fold.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Those are gimmick tools for a gimmick team. We're not a gimmick team. Our best bet is to go out there and play our game. Give Murray 25 to 30 carries to keep the defense off the field as much as possible.