News: PFT: Mahomes favorite to win 2020 MVP award; Dak and Wentz tied for 5th

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

17,811 Messages
    20,223 Likes Received
    Does 8 minutes total in the playoffs allow you to claim a win or lost?

2. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

17,811 Messages
    20,223 Likes Received
    Haha, that's so hilarious especially since it's true

Nav22 likes this.
  3. J817

J817 Well-Known Member

3,083 Messages
    2,493 Likes Received
    Oh my :eek:

4. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

3,418 Messages
    7,912 Likes Received
    Mahommes is clearly the best player in the league. Hard to believe he’s already been league MVP and Super Bowl MVP and he’s only 24.

5. J817

J817 Well-Known Member

3,083 Messages
    2,493 Likes Received
    Brees and Rodgers are maybe MAYBE just as good as Mahomes but they’re old so who cares.

Wilson, uh yea he’s great but he’s 5-10 and has never had a season like the the one Mahomes had in 2018, and he has never been league MVP and all that.

idk where your going with Prescott. I think you meant to type someone else name there, but I can’t think of a QB’s name that sounds “Prescott” or has letters in their name around that “P”,“R”,“E” etc...around your keyboard.

I’ll figure it out. I’ll treat like a puzzle .

Robbieac likes this.
  6. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

19,396 Messages
    16,002 Likes Received
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. I disagree but whatever, everyone has one.

7. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

4,444 Messages
    7,494 Likes Received
    Those last 4-5 games that Wentz played with Home Depot guys on the team, clearly impressed alot of us. He did elevate his team when it counted......but hes an Eagle so he can pound salt

8. Robbieac

Robbieac Well-Known Member

2,834 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    JoeKing. I've always enjoyed reading your opinion and input.

But your take on this one has me confused. How is Mahomes the "flavor of the month" when he has lit up the league for the past TWO years straight?

His first full season as starter he threw 50 TDs, 5,000+ yards, made it to the AFC championship game, and was league MVP.
    His second full season as starter (even though he was injured) he was player of the month, had a QB rating of 105, and won the Super Bowl and was Super Bowl MVP (although deserving of the MVP may be debatable).

As such, please explain how dominating for 2 straight years equates to "flavor of the month" and anyone who likes him is just a "prisoner of the moment."

9. JoeKing

19,396 Messages
    16,002 Likes Received
    You certainly seem sold on Mahomes. I'm glad you have this medium to express your opinion about the guy. Much respect.

Now allow me the same courtesy. Just as you have an opinion and expressed it without me critiquing it, I have an opinion too. I'm not asking you to like it or agree with it or even read it at all. Just respect that I have an opinion and despite how it might differ from yours, I expressed it anyway.

10. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

9,658 Messages
    7,039 Likes Received
    really he should have got it this season, got hurt but still I would have gave t to him but they cut it off a regular season and Jackson got it..yes LJ deserved it but Mahomes still was the mvp regardless of what LJ did but the process was as such that it pnly went by RS..

11. blueblood70

9,658 Messages
    7,039 Likes Received
    true in a sense but my eyes tell me that mahomes was also the MVP in 2019, LJ got tossed in fort round and all those garbage stats we talked about came late in that game so we judge dak that way we should judge LJ the same.. Mahomes had a very good RS and an hotric playoff run.. he was the best player in 2019 IMO..flavor of the month sure but MJ got many of them and it seems could have had 6 straight at times but voters didnt want it to get stale..Lebron in some ways got the same treatment..football is a bit different but Mahomes is the next Montana..hes got the skills, personality, and his teammates like him..i doubt hes the flavor of the month..

He proved how good he was overcoming all those big deficits. thats elite thats what separates you from the pack..hes not overrated or a one trick one off pony like a foles or Ryan..Mahomes was one bonehead neutral zone infraction by a defender from two sbs I mean going to one your first year and then again your 2nd?

12. JoeKing

19,396 Messages
    16,002 Likes Received
    I remember the same hopes being expressed for other players in the past and they never were as good for one reason or another.

13. smitty313

smitty313 Well-Known Member

828 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    Actually his second year, Reid had him take a redshirt year

Proof likes this.
  14. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

5,401 Messages
    6,944 Likes Received
    first year as a starter* why I didn’t say rookie year. But yeah it’s a worthy distinction

15. blueblood70

9,658 Messages
    7,039 Likes Received
    dude I can tell you this, IM a TX Longhorn fan as much as die hard Cowboys Fan and I hate all things Texas Tech which includes PM as college player and I would like anything to say hes overrated and this is a short lived burst of greatness..trust me I wish but my eyes tell me this cat is different , hes truly special..

some players have that innate ability they are on another level and hes having fun doing it VS Dak who looks like hes passing kidney stones trying to throw the football lol its obvious PM is special regardless of how many SBs he wins

Robbieac likes this.
  16. JoeKing

19,396 Messages
    16,002 Likes Received
    God bless you for having an opinion that you seem passionate about and having this medium to express it. I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it. But that's okay, adults can have opposing views and still have a civil conversation. As another diehard Texas Longhorn fan, I can relate to your feelings about Texas Tech but I don't let my opinion of collegiate athletes affect my thoughts on how they can translate into professional athletes. If I did that, Connor Williams would drive me insane.