News: PFT: McVay: Rams may need to use silent count with big Cowboys crowd in L.A

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That's my hometown!

Fans don't care. I once went to a baseball game where our pitcher threw a no hitter. Didn't matter, fans bailed before the 7ths. Place was half empty at the end.

Don't even try going to a concert. People never shut up.

So many companies get season passes so they can hand out perks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had to deal with that with the Niners because there is no melting pot like LA and I know people there that didn't want a team, let alone two. LA got the best games every week because of being market #2 and no home team.

I think the owner of the Rams understands that and that was part of the moves they've made to keep them at the top. There is just far too many things to do in LA that don't cost as much as a NFL game. What happens when the bloom is off the stadium and the teams are not contenders?

LA has proven more than once they do not need a home NFL team.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not always true. It seems that way on a few games, but not true.
Have you been to a game at AT&T?

Yes, and it sucks for crowd noise because it wasn't only built with the intent to host football games. More and more stadiums like this will be popping up when new are built. I just don't think it has much of a football atmosphere - more of a tourist attraction which rarely gets fans in the mood.

It's a completely different atmosphere when you go to a stadium like Heinz Field. Everything from the weather and the look FEELS like a football stadium and nothing else.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, and it sucks for crowd noise because it wasn't only built with the intent to host football games. More and more stadiums like this will be popping up when new are built. I just don't think it has much of a football atmosphere - more of a tourist attraction which rarely gets fans in the mood.

It's a completely different atmosphere when you go to a stadium like Heinz Field. Everything from the weather and the look FEELS like a football stadium and nothing else.

Have you been to a game at AT&T. I been to many games there. Always felt like a football atmosphere to me.
I been to other stadiums as well. It feels no different.

The stadium was designed to be a certain way. To funnel the noise to the field. So it may not seem as loud the higher up you are. It is in the design.
However, it is also so massive inside, some of that gets lost somewhere. IMO anyway. But I never been at field level during any game. My seats were about halfway, 3rd tier and it could be plenty loud at times.
However fans don't want to understand this, as they just want to use it to complain about the stadium and Jerry. :laugh:

The other misconception is for fans watching at home. As I do now. The announcers booth is enclosed, not open air. So the sound gets muffled from where they are. Not like the other stadiums.
Also fans don't want to acknowledge that.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Have you been to a game at AT&T. I been to many games there. Always felt like a football atmosphere to me.
I been to other stadiums as well. It feels no different.

The stadium was designed to be a certain way. To funnel the noise to the field. So it may not seem as loud the higher up you are. It is in the design.
However, it is also so massive inside, some of that gets lost somewhere. IMO anyway. But I never been at field level during any game. My seats were about halfway, 3rd tier and it could be plenty loud at times.
However fans don't want to understand this, as they just want to use it to complain about the stadium and Jerry. :laugh:

The other misconception is for fans watching at home. As I do now. The announcers booth is enclosed, not open air. So the sound gets muffled from where they are. Not like the other stadiums.
Also fans don't want to acknowledge that.

Yeah, go to another stadium for once, dude.

But honestly, going by like 99% of your posts here, our team, owner, etc. can do no wrong. Sorry that my experience is more credible than your own anecdotes.