News: PFT: McVay: Rams may need to use silent count with big Cowboys crowd in L.A

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, and it sucks for crowd noise because it wasn't only built with the intent to host football games. More and more stadiums like this will be popping up when new are built. I just don't think it has much of a football atmosphere - more of a tourist attraction which rarely gets fans in the mood.

It's a completely different atmosphere when you go to a stadium like Heinz Field. Everything from the weather and the look FEELS like a football stadium and nothing else.

I think you are regurgitating what you hear from others in here. I go to games all over and AT&T is loud. The Packers playoff game a few years back was as loud as any game Ive ever been to, and Ive been to Seattle vs Dallas when seattle was in the SB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The last time Dallas was in LA was the playoff game. I am not exaggerating when I tell you 70%... yes, SEVENTY PERCENT of that stadium was Cowboy fans.
And someone else said it in a post above and it is true for me this weekend, we got corporate seats comped to us.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, go to another stadium for once, dude.

But honestly, going by like 99% of your posts here, our team, owner, etc. can do no wrong. Sorry that my experience is more credible than your own anecdotes.

I guess as usual you do not read any posts. You just respond with the same Crap.
You proved my point that fans do not want too acknowledge or understand the truth.

I HAVE been to other stadiums dude...what part of that in my post did you not understand.
So I tell the truth about something, and all you can say is...oh Jerry can do no wrong...crap dude, I criticize Jerry a lot.

You ARE NOT credible at all. You just whine about everything.

You still have not answered my question...have you been to a game at AT&T, or any other stadium? I HAVE.

D4KADON

Reaction score
Yes, and it sucks for crowd noise because it wasn't only built with the intent to host football games. More and more stadiums like this will be popping up when new are built. I just don't think it has much of a football atmosphere - more of a tourist attraction which rarely gets fans in the mood.

It's a completely different atmosphere when you go to a stadium like Heinz Field. Everything from the weather and the look FEELS like a football stadium and nothing else.

I’ve been to several big games at AT&T stadium including a playoff game

this is simply not true

i have been to away games, including the Tampa vs Dallas opener last year

if the product is good on the field, the crowd is great. Simply put

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Soldier Field is a fun stadium to attend a game as well. Even though we lost, I enjoyed attending the game there in 2019. It's a shame that Chicago has the crime rate it does in the city because I do like Chicago. I love going to the con in the suburbs near O'Hare, and Chicago in general is a fun city.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Soldier Field is a fun stadium to attend a game as well. Even though we lost, I enjoyed attending the game there in 2019. It's a shame that Chicago has the crime rate it does in the city because I do like Chicago. I love going to the con in the suburbs near O'Hare, and Chicago in general is a fun city.

It's always funny to me how home field advantage is talked about in these relatively older stadiums that rock - I imagine the ones here talking it up haven't been to many other stadiums. I lived in PA for years until a few years ago, went to both Steelers and Eagles games and made a few trips to Texas (visiting family) along with getting to Ohio for games. Cowboys stadium is easily the most relaxed I have ever seen, and it's not even like I'm the only one saying this.

Even the way Heinz field is built and where it's located, it always has weather factoring in. Philly is well, Philly. Those fans are there 100% for football - they aren't happy when they are losing and they will sure let you know when they are winning. Having said that, Cowboys fans patience have been waning recently and we have seen this with how they reacted to the refs and Dak. But it wouldn't have taken this long for many other fan bases to make noise.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's always funny to me how home field advantage is talked about in these relatively older stadiums that rock - I imagine the ones here talking it up haven't been to many other stadiums. I lived in PA for years until a few years ago, went to both Steelers and Eagles games and made a few trips to Texas (visiting family) along with getting to Ohio for games. Cowboys stadium is easily the most relaxed I have ever seen, and it's not even like I'm the only one saying this.

Even the way Heinz field is built and where it's located, it always has weather factoring in. Philly is well, Philly. Those fans are there 100% for football - they aren't happy when they are losing and they will sure let you know when they are winning. Having said that, Cowboys fans patience have been waning recently and we have seen this with how they reacted to the refs and Dak. But it wouldn't have taken this long for many other fan bases to make noise.
Whats funny to me is this overated home field. The vaunted 12th man in seattle....its nit been so great lately, has it? Speaking of Heinz field......that " great home field," aint gonna be worth a damn for long time.
Kansas city chiefs amazing home field sure got better when mahomes showed up.

The bills have great loyd fNs.....butvyet that didn't help them for about 30 years until Josh Allen showed up. Now their home field advantage is awesome......yea, the advantage the get by having a stud qb.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Whats funny to me is this overated home field. The vaunted 12th man in seattle....its nit been so great lately, has it? Speaking of Heinz field......that " great home field," aint gonna be worth a damn for long time.
Kansas city chiefs amazing home field sure got better when mahomes showed up.

The bills have great loyd fNs.....butvyet that didn't help them for about 30 years until Josh Allen showed up. Now their home field advantage is awesome......yea, the advantage the get by having a stud qb.

Uh yeah, of course you need to actually perform well on the field to get the crowd motivated. Building a hybrid stadium that only partly focuses on football while putting mediocrity on the field isn't exactly a winning recipe for crowd noise effectiveness. This is copium from homers - now suddenly crowd noise doesn't mean crap.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh yeah, of course you need to actually perform well on the field to get the crowd motivated. Building a hybrid stadium that only partly focuses on football while putting mediocrity on the field isn't exactly a winning recipe for crowd noise effectiveness. This is copium from homers - now suddenly crowd noise doesn't mean crap.

It is not a hybrid stadium. Like all stadiums no matter what the sport. Was built for that sports, and are also used for other entertainment purposes.

A stadium is not built to have 8 games a year then sit empty the rest of the time.
Stop acting as if Jerry is they only one that does this.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Yeah, go to another stadium for once, dude.

But honestly, going by like 99% of your posts here, our team, owner, etc. can do no wrong. Sorry that my experience is more credible than your own anecdotes.
AT&T is the 6th loudest stadium in the NFL

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
They had to deal with that with the Niners because there is no melting pot like LA and I know people there that didn't want a team, let alone two. LA got the best games every week because of being market #2 and no home team.

I think the owner of the Rams understands that and that was part of the moves they've made to keep them at the top. There is just far too many things to do in LA that don't cost as much as a NFL game. What happens when the bloom is off the stadium and the teams are not contenders?

LA has proven more than once they do not need a home NFL team.

I dunno. I lived in Houston area for about thirty years - you talk about a ‘melting pot’ … Houstons got it all.