PFT: Michael Bush ready to roll?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Dr. James Andrews has proclaimed Louisville running back Michael Bush "99 percent healed" from a broken leg that ended his 2006 season during the first game of the year.

"I reviewed an x-ray today and it looks like it is 99% healed," Andrews said in an e-mail to every team. "It certainly looks much better than it did some weeks ago. It is remarkable how quickly this has improved relative to recent re-rodding."

Bush underwent surgery last month to have a larger rod placed into his leg.

Our guess? Only a G.M. with a high degree of job security is going to take the risk, especially with a first-day pick.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I still think Bobby Petrino will bring him to Atlanta earlier than other teams will consider him. He's worth the risk of a 6th or 7th if still there. I just don't think he will be because of Petrino.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1460727 said:
Our guess? Only a G.M. with a high degree of job security is going to take the risk, especially with a first-day pick.
And which GM has the highest job security of all?... :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd gladly take him in the 5th round - or even use an earlier pick on him if the team gets one in a trade down.

Coming into this past season, he was widely considered the top running back and I wouldn't discount that because of one injury.

And I feel better about a broken bone healing than I wouldd if it were a major knee injury.

Given Julius Jones' questionable future in Dallas, I think it would be a smart move to get #1 talent in the 4th round.

superpunk

Reaction score
TVMan;1460762 said:
He really seems like a guy who would make this stuff up.:rolleyes:

Dr. James Andrews

I know who he is, had a whole thing with some Chargers fan who was conviced Drew Brees arm was going to rot off even though Andrews cleared his progress. (Of course, said Chargers fan thinks AJ Smith's farts smell like Angelina Jolie...)

I meant the 99% part. How does something look 99% healed? What is the 1% that isn't healed? What does Larry think about all this?

Hard to know...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1460771 said:
I know who he is, had a whole thing with some Chargers fan who was conviced Drew Brees arm was going to rot off even though Andrews cleared his progress. (Of course, said Chargers fan thinks AJ Smith's farts smell like Angelina Jolie...)

I meant the 99% part. How does something look 99% healed? What is the 1% that isn't healed? What does Larry think about all this?

Hard to know...

That 1% is 'wiggle room', just in case.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Bush was NEVER the #1 back. It was always Peterson. The bone has probably healed at last, but how long before he can really work out and build himself back up?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;1460776 said:
Bush was NEVER the #1 back. It was always Peterson. The bone has probably healed at last, but how long before he can really work out and build himself back up?

I'll agree to disagree on the #1 part, but I think a team like the Cowboys would have the luxury of giving him as much time as he needed for the bone to properly heal and for him to get back into 'football shape'.

They could 'redshirt' him for 2007 if they felt they needed to.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Stash, show me ANY real source that had Bush ahead of Peterson EVER.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;1460793 said:
Stash, show me ANY real source that had Bush ahead of Peterson EVER.

Fine - you win OK - happy?

The 'argument' isn't worth hijacking this thread so I'm not bothering to research it.

I'll just say you're right and leave it at that.

My point was that the Cowboys have an opportunity to acquire a top talent well below where he would otherwise be drafted.

Given the uncertainty of Julius Jones' future in Dallas, I think it would make sense for the Cowboys to take a serious look at drafting him.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;1460798 said:
Fine - you win OK - happy?

The 'argument' isn't worth hijacking this thread so I'm not bothering to research it.

I'll just say you're right and leave it at that.

My point was that the Cowboys have an opportunity to acquire a top talent well below where he would otherwise be drafted.

Given the uncertainty of Julius Jones' future in Dallas, I think it would make sense for the Cowboys to take a serious look at drafting him.
You're not completely wrong. Had he been healthy, he would've gone in the first round.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I would spend our 3rd on him ..... if he last that long. He could be a home run hit ........ and i am pretty chancy with anything below the first 2 rounds.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1460811 said:
You're not completely wrong. Had he been healthy, he would've gone in the first round.

Glad somebody can see what I was getting at.

Thanks.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;1460816 said:
Glad somebody can see what I was getting at.

Thanks.
I thought that's what you meant in the first place. I didn't think you were referring to any particular slot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1460824 said:
I thought that's what you meant in the first place. I didn't think you were referring to any particular slot.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to choose my words more carefully....

:pc: