News: PFT: Michael Irvin "remains suspended" by NFL Network

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think it is over for him ..his next gig would be on Radio or his own you tube channel.
It could be over for him. NFL Network suspended, then fired Willie McGinest for an assault with a deadly weapon charge. With this situation, the video clearly showed wrongdoing. He faces up to eight years in prison.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Breaking news!!!!!!!!

The breaking news is there isn't any new news.
I think the important news is that they have decided to not allow him back to cover the draft considering there was no police report filed and Irvin is the one who filed the lawsuit.

As always, I have no opinion on his innocence or guilt, but it seems strange they would keep him away from the draft when he is not the defendent against any charges or legal actions.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
It could be over for him. NFL Network suspended, then fired Willie McGinest for an assault with a deadly weapon charge. With this situation, the video clearly showed wrongdoing. He faces up to eight years in prison.
Ur talking about McGinest with the 8 years right? That’s was insane, dude retired a ex NFL multi time champion and a good, respected player…and he throws it all away to do some thug crap….complete and utter idiot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ur talking about McGinest with the 8 years right? That’s was insane, dude retired a ex NFL multi time champion and a good, respected player…and he throws it all away to do some thug crap….complete and utter idiot.
It was reported that he could get up to eight years if convicted. He had a great life after football going and threw it down the drain. A real idiot!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There’s video? Do you have the link handy? The video I’ve seen doesn’t show any assault.

calico

Reaction score
If Sean salisbury can get fired from multiple media jobs for showing women unsolicited dick pics and still get work, then anything is possible for playmaker.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s video? Do you have the link handy? The video I’ve seen doesn’t show any assault.
There was a video, but apparently it’s been removed off YouTube. I saw it when it first happened, and he clearly punches someone. He supposedly used a bottle in the assault, but I didn’t see that. He just walked up to some guy sitting in a booth, said something and punched him. There were several others involved in the fight.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reversing the suspension could cause more harm to the nfl in regards to Irvings lawsuite. No way they can admit or elude to having wrongfully suspended Irving without putting that case in serious jeapardy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There was a video, but apparently it’s been removed off YouTube. I saw it when it first happened, and he clearly punches someone. He supposedly used a bottle in the assault, but I didn’t see that. He just walked up to some guy sitting in a booth, said something and punched him. There were several others involved in the fight.
I thought he was suspended for sexual assault?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If Sean salisbury can get fired from multiple media jobs for showing women unsolicited dick pics and still get work, then anything is possible for playmaker.
Must have missed that in News. Wondered what happened to him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
On the field Michael Irvin is a legend. Off the field, it's been sketchy. I really don't care about this one way or another.

He's got his rings, his gold jacket, and fame, despite it all. Who wins this case has no bearing on my life, whatsoever.