News: PFT: Michael Irvin's lawyer is "mad" that Marriott refuses to produce surveillance video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The case got moved from state court to Federal Court so the new judge will have to issue a new order for Marriott to produce the video.

Classic stall tactic (and a smart move) by Marriot's lawyers considering how backlogged the Federal Court docket is these days, could take months to get a new court order for that video.

Sucks for Irvin, but that is the US legal system for you.;)

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If the judge ordered it, and they don't comply with the order, which is what I thought I read, then they'll be in contempt of court. The lawyer doesn't have to get mad. He can get even.. They'll have like 30 days, or some kind of timeline. And then, someone gets coerced on way or another.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There is a reason Marriott won't produce the video. Eventually we will all see why. Until then it's wait and then wait some more. Irvin will get his day in court. It just won't be as soon as he likes. Which sucks for him.
That is the one thing I hate about the justice system, it takes freaking forever:banghead:

For example, the company I work for hired a contractor that was supposed to build a new office building. Well he totally botched the job, the electrical was wired incorrectly and shorted out, the standing seam roof was installed wrong and the building flooded every time it rained, the cement used for the foundation didnt have the correct thickness and started cracking, it was just a total cluster *****.

The company sued the contractor and it took 4 years to get resolved...................just ridiculous how long it takes going to court:facepalm:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Will suck if the video shows Irvin did something wrong and they were fans trying not to make a huge deal out of it. But l doubt it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The case got moved from state court to Federal Court so the new judge will have to issue a new order for Marriott to produce the video.

Classic stall tactic (and a smart move) by Marriot's lawyers considering how backlogged the Federal Court docket is these days, could take months to get a new court order for that video.

Sucks for Irvin, but that is the US legal system for you.;)
The move is standard practice but all the motions to date are still valid.

khiladi

Reaction score
That is the one thing I hate about the justice system, it takes freaking forever:banghead:

For example, the company I work for hired a contractor that was supposed to build a new office building. Well he totally botched the job, the electrical was wired incorrectly and shorted out, the standing seam roof was installed wrong and the building flooded every time it rained, the cement used for the foundation didnt have the correct thickness and started cracking, it was just a total cluster *****.

The company sued the contractor and it took 4 years to get resolved...................just ridiculous how long it takes going to court:facepalm:
My extended family is from the third-world. You think it’s bad here, good luck back home for the common man getting any sense of justice. America still far exceeds the rest of the world in this regard.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There is a reason Marriott won't produce the video. Eventually we will all see why. Until then it's wait and then wait some more. Irvin will get his day in court. It just won't be as soon as he likes. Which sucks for him.
Yeah, the reason is he's suing them for $100M. The lawsuit itself is for rehabbing Mike's image at the expense of the hotel and the employee. You sue us, we stall the hell out of things to delay your rehabbing of image.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm told "Innocent until proven guilty" is the standard for jurisprudence. Somebody ain't telling the truth about the case and jurisprudence.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Marriott is acting exactly how they should when being sued for $100 million.

Only one side made this public, is looking for a payday, and is playing it out in the media. And it ain't Marriott

Staubacher

Reaction score
For context, this "mad as hell" lawyer is Jerrah's personal lawyer and defended him in the paternity suit. He also chose Texas to file charges even though it all happened in Arizona. Hmm wonder why...

Marriott is a huge international corporation. Their lawyers are no joke nor to be trifled with, so some of you might wanna hold off on the touchdown dances.

Nav22

Reaction score
If Irvin's lawyers want the tape and Marriott's lawyers want to keep the tape under wraps... that tells me the tape likely backs up Irvin's side of the story.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Irvin's lawyers want the tape and Marriott's lawyers want to keep the tape under wraps... that tells me the tape likely backs up Irvin's side of the story.
Your post tells me you don’t know how corporate attorneys conduct their business in something like this.

They are not obligated to be cooperative and will only do what they are forced to do.

IceBowler

Reaction score
I've never understood why people "allow" these videos to survive. "Well, what do ya know, it got deleted or lost or thrown in the washing machine .. or something." That's what the cops do when the truth doesn't fit their "report."

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He'll be ok to go down for this, won't be the first time! He's good

IceBowler

Reaction score
Your post tells me you don’t know how corporate attorneys conduct their business in something like this.

They are not obligated to be cooperative and will only do what they are forced to do.
Yep-
It's called, "Drag it out, bill more hours .. make more money."
The "Legal" profession is all self-proliferating garbage.

Nav22

Reaction score

Mike Florio's a lawyer. He ended his article with this:

"And the longer Marriott resists producing it, the more some will possibly begin to think that the video hurts the company’s position. Really, if it confirms the allegation, why not let Irvin and the rest of the world see what’s there?"

I'll stick by what I said. I think the tape exonerates Mike. We'll see if I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.