News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: Kickers have to start making kicks more consistently

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Or what?

Greg proved that ya'll will allow a kicker to cost us games and still stick with him week after week.

Zuerlein wasn't bad his first year (mainly missing long kicks) and had built up some level of trust. These kickers have no skins on the wall. Still, I'm not concerned about the kicking position yet. They are just giving us reason right now to watch the cutdowns. Hopefully, at least one of them will settle in before then and give us reason to give them a shot.

Now, I fully believe we should have brought in legitimate competition for Zuerlein last year coming off his second back surgery, but I don't think it's fair to compare how the team treated Zuerlein to how it will treat these unproven players. Even last year, Zuerlein proved he could deliver at times in the clutch, although I'll agree that he possibly caused us a couple of games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
From everything I’ve been hearing the kickers aren’t looking good and there really isn’t anything better out there. All the arrows continue pointing down for the Cowboys.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
If you don’t have a kicker who can consistently make kicks in practice good luck counting on them in regular season games.

I do not like this at all. Dang it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I do not like this at all. Dang it.

Everyone couldn’t wait to get rid of Greg Zuerlein. He did make a couple of big kicks for us and was coming off an injury. I’m getting the feeling he’s not going to look so bad to everyone once we get into the season with what we have now. Appears we’re in a situation where we’re going to have to pick our poison.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OIP.eMc_gVJC9KFrCaHKF1--eQAAAA

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
According to the knuckleheads I was arguing with the Cowboys should have no problem finding a better kicker than Zuerlein. Lol I wasn’t thrilled with Zuerlein but I wasn’t nearly as down on him as some fans. We currently have a couple of stiffs who aren’t even batting 500 in practice. The Cowboys may have to bring in the kicker who missed a kick so bad he nailed Dave Campo in the head and got cut. We’ll have a kicking battle between Larry, Moe and Curly.:laugh:

Last edited: