News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: There won't be a dilemma, Dak Prescott is our QB

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That's exactly what it should be right now too. If Rush balls out, the offense is humming 5-6 weeks from now sure let's talk about it then.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He must be ready to see the door cause that’s exactly where Dak will get him as well as any other HC or OC who backs him. This organization remains totally dysfunctional.
:lmao2:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That's exactly what it should be right now too. If Rush balls out, the offense is humming 5-6 weeks from now sure let's talk about it then.
How if Prescott is almost ready to play? Did he "ball out" vs Cinn?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
How if Prescott is almost ready to play? Did he "ball out" vs Cinn?

I don't know how fast Dak's recovery will be but if he's back in a couple weeks I doubt Rush has enough time to stir any debate regardless how he plays. I'm still assuming it won't be on the ultra short side being up to an 8 week recovery for that surgery.

Rush played ok, good in the 1st half, below average in the 2nd half sans the last drive. However, some fans had such low expectations that the fact he generated some nice scoring drives, while the prior week was a disaster, some believe he's now better than a QB who's proven to be a good starter. Certainly Dak has had some bad games but every QB regardless of talent has been there.

Personally, I think it's almost a 0% chance of it happened, but if there's a situation where Rush goes on to win 5 or 6 straight games I'm sure the idea gets consideration.

Reactions: G2

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't know how fast Dak's recovery will be but if he's back in a couple weeks I doubt Rush has enough time to stir any debate regardless how he plays. I'm still assuming it won't be on the ultra short side being up to an 8 week recovery for that surgery.

Rush played ok, good in the 1st half, below average in the 2nd half sans the last drive. However, some fans had such low expectations that the fact he generated some nice scoring drives, while the prior week was a disaster, some believe he's now better than a QB who's proven to be a good starter. Certainly Dak has had some bad games but every QB regardless of talent has been there.

Personally, I think it's almost a 0% chance of it happened, but if there's a situation where Rush goes on to win 5 or 6 straight games I'm sure the idea gets consideration.

If he does and looks good, improving his throws and such, for sure THEN its should be taken into consideration....If every win is a defensive masterpiece and his throws are off and he really cant throw a 10 yard out, then no it shouldnt. Again i think he can win this game Monday night, take care of the ball and dont turn it over and lets grind NY out he will even makes some plays ...and thats good thats what you want out of your QB2 when he has to play.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Some are happy Dak got injured and we won a game with Rush. I'm simply happy with any win. There's quite a jump in QB quality from Rush to Dak.

nobody

Reaction score
Have ya'll really forgotten 2016 already?

Every single week Garrett and Jerry was saying "Romo is the QB when healthy".

There's a difference between 2016 and now, but it's a good lesson on never trust what Jerry says.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well lets see:
We got the GM saying one thing about the QB situation.
AND the HC saying another.
This Organization is so screwed up.
It's no wonder we have not been to the NFCC game in 27 years.
This is why I'm just not going to set my expectations high and keep my stress levels at zero until things change.
Which probably won't happen for a long, long time.

They miraculously go on some magical SB run @RustyBourneHorse and I are going to enter a steeplechase and hit the high bars.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Similar statement from Commander Edward J. Smith....."There won't be a dilemma, the Titanic is our ship".

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Of course he is..... they are stuck with him contractually, not because he is the better option to win. They have the same chance or maybe even better chance to win with Cooper at 1% of what they pay Dak. Imagine that.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
ENm4HpvU0AEmqKe.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I dont really see the NEED to say 1 specific guy is THE QB without question, and even if he plays poorly, he is still THE GUY !

This breeds poor preformance and lack of effort for THE GUY, because they are saying he has the job no matter how he plays, if they lose big
games, or no matter how the # 2 may play.

The whole idea is to be a TEAM, but this makes the GUY a unique individual who has his job no matter what.

A HC should play whoever he thinks might play the best that game, and against that specific team.
This should apply to all positions.

Qcard

Reaction score
Do Dak Haters remember what forced Romo's retirement...Offensive Rookie All Pro Performance from Prescott!!

Cooper Rush is on his 4th Rookie Season....:muttley:

Romo's early retirement wasn't cheap...can Cooper duplicate the Price:lmao2::lmao2:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I thought head coaches were supposed to assess the situation and do what is in the best interest of the company. Why not just say we'll evaluate Dak when he's healthy.

Qcard

Reaction score
Actually it was typical bad decisions from an inept head coach and GM.
There's nothing they could do...all the Captains Meeting prior to the decision gave Prescott the nod.

Anyone who thinks that was Romo's lockeroom in 2016 needs an Eye Test