News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: We feel it's important to support Kelvin Joseph based on information we have

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Is it ironic that the guy who was shot gets the, "play stupid games," treatment while the guy who kept his mouth shut until he's publicly identified gets the benefit of the doubt?

It seems just like yesterday that stupid people, giving OJ the benefit of the doubt, yelling "Run, OJ, Run!" While police were chasing his Bronco.
People are generally stupid. Heh.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying. Having raised 3 Men I have just taught my boys, the best way to avoid a punch is not get into a fight. the boy who got killed never thought that morning, Hey this may be my last day on earth. Don't go to areas like that. And I'm Black and Carry a gun. It's just not worth it. I've seen the video, that's not a place an NFL player should EVER be. It's not a place anyone should be. Again stuff goes sideways real quick. Maybe I'm bougie ? But it works for me. I don't go to areas like that if I can help it. KJ or the victim nothing good happens at that time in that part of town. It's a senseless death that didn't have to happen. I mean the shot s seemed to be ricochets , which tells me , punk *** young boys who didn't know what they were doing. Another punk lil boy who can't take an butt beating. Hope KJ grows up before it's too late

I got a 2 y/o boy. Had two girls prior to him. This is different. I don't remember the girls ever looking at me like they wanted to rip my throat out. Does this get better or should I just start training for that fateful day?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I got a 2 y/o boy. Had two girls prior to him. This is different. I don't remember the girls ever looking at me like they wanted to rip my throat out. Does this get better or should I just start training for that fateful day?
Get a couple of pit bulls, that way you have a backup if one of them likes the kid better.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Get a couple of pit bulls, that way you have a backup if one of them likes the kid better.

My great uncle had a Rottweiler who hated me even when I was a teenager. I apparently chased it around and hit it with a stick as a toddler. So I should get the dogs now while he likes to hit. Little punk won't stand a chance.

DonaldM

Reaction score
The term “pit bull” refers to an ill-defined type of dog, rather than a breed. The term “pit bull” originated in the British Isles in the early 1800s when the barbaric sport of “bull baiting” arose
You need to stay off the internet cowpolk. Surprised your wife hasn't banned you.

DonaldM

Reaction score
If this fried catfish joint doesn't open soon we're going to have some serious problems here. Take the duct tape down. How hard is it to fry a fish.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sure. Do you think Kelvin has the resources available to protect himself? It's a moot point because he already talked and seems to be business as usual at his job.

Do you think it's possible KJ thought they got away with it until his face was on the news?

H-m-m, I'm not sure as to what Kelvin might have had to go through to keep his so-called "buddies" from "whacking" him. It's really an unknown to me. It's not actually a moot point if he had to fret about his future every day. It's hard to say, unless you know him intimately. I suppose it's remotely possible he wasn't worried about his potential fate, but I honestly can't say for sure. I'll bet he's worried about what Goodell might do to his career in the days ahead.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think if either of them was going to roll on Joseph, they would have already done so.

As far as what the league will do once this is settled, that's a real ?. There is no reason for the Cowboys to do the league a favor at this point.

The question I have is what kind of pressure is being brought on the league office by the owners and sponsors?
The sad part is the league and owners are more worried about the Watson law suits. The owners are more worried about the guaranteed money that Watson got from Cleveland. I would not be surprised if nothing happens with Joseph.

Haimerej

Reaction score
H-m-m, I'm not sure as to what Kelvin might have had to go through to keep his so-called "buddies" from "whacking" him. It's really an unknown to me. It's not actually a moot point if he had to fret about his future every day. It's hard to say, unless you know him intimately. I suppose it's remotely potential he wasn't worried about his possible fate, but I honestly can't say for sure.

I say it's moot because I think he talked. The police said arrests were made on, "anonymous witness testimony," and that was the day after he talked to them with his lawyer. I could be wrong.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I say it's moot because I think he talked. The police said arrests were made on, "anonymous witness testimony," and that was the day after he talked to them with his lawyer. I could be wrong.

That's interesting . . . I suspect more will come out about this story with the passage of time and more to be revealed by the authorities and, possibly, even Roger Goodell, as well. We know that more will come out on this. The Commish and his cronies are liable to come up with almost anything. The thing with Zeke took what seemed like forever to resolve. I really hope this thing doesn't drag on nearly that long.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I wonder if based on what he knows, would mike be ok with his kids hanging out with kelvin and his friends?:omg:
Would any of you be ok with your kids being hangout buddies with kelvin and his friends?:huh::thumbup:

Haimerej

Reaction score
I wonder if based on what he knows, would mike be ok with his kids hanging out with kelvin and his friends?:omg:
Would any of you be ok with your kids being hangout buddies with kelvin and his friends?:huh::thumbup:

If this little punk in my house doesn't straighten up I might see if they could babysit.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
If this fried catfish joint doesn't open soon we're going to have some serious problems here. Take the duct tape down. How hard is it to fry a fish.
I am good at catfishing. I fish for them and Crappie Make my own catfish bait

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm inclined to stick to the position of a guy being innocent until he's proven guilty!

Let's support this young player freely, as long he well maintains his innocence. :cool:

There have been numerous NFL players who had much steeper hills to climb and did so, solidly and even a Hall entrance.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, I can see the fake asp bossman hunkering down and hiding in the back seat or front seat when the hijackers started shooting. he had to be hijacked to have hung out with these guys. Like special ed, KJ probably thought he was going to a late-night church event with his gaudy gold necklace, sagging pants, and hoodie.

I don't understand why you guys don't support our mentally challenged guy. you can see it on his face whenever he's being interviewed that he's "special". you know it had to be tough being brain dead living in a tough neighborhood.

Too bad young guy who got shot, if you were a better athlete you would get more sorrow.

support!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think when his lawyer announced that he was in the car but not the shooter, they knew what was up.

They may have even discussed what they were going to do if the cops got close.

Sure didn't take long from him being identified to his lawyer making that statement. He wasted no time getting this into the public.