News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: We feel it's important to support Kelvin Joseph based on information we have

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is this turning into some Paying It Forward kind of situation?
If so, me likey!

Edit: Although I do need to send you a proven batch, not an experiment.
2nd Edit: Going to get on that the week after this one.

You're going to love it.
I have no doubt!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I mentioned mob lynching. You need to pay attention.

Not being found guilty is well documented but it doesn't make him innocent.

That trial was a farce, due to the evidence being circumstantial. It happens.

So ... You don't always believe a person is innocent until proved not guilty?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So ... You don't always believe a person is innocent until proved not guilty?
That concept is legal only, no morality or extenuating circumstances.

They have not tried the 18 year old that went to Buffalo to kill people but I have 0 doubt he is guilty as hell. But in the myopic eyes of the law, innocent until proven guilty.

The legal system in this country is set up on the better your lawyer, meaning the more you can afford, the more not guilty you can be.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Do you think it's possible that those who would commit a murder could also kill the one who reports it?

Sure. Do you think Kelvin has the resources available to protect himself? It's a moot point because he already talked and seems to be business as usual at his job.

Do you think it's possible KJ thought they got away with it until his face was on the news?

Haimerej

Reaction score
After watching the video of the shooting, I'm open to the idea they were just trying to scare the guys. You can see sparks hitting the ground well in front of the group of people and it's possible Ray was hit with a ricochet.

Doesn't change my opinion about accountability, but I can see it as somewhat "unintentional."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching the video of the shooting, I'm open to the idea they were just trying to scare the guys. You can see sparks hitting the ground well in front of the group of people and it's possible Ray was hit with a ricochet.

Doesn't change my opinion about accountability, but I can see it as somewhat "unintentional."
I wondered about that when I watched it, I could see a "hey, let's go scare hell out of that guy' and it all goes bad. That will be the tell on the charge of first or second degree but I don't see manslaughter coming.

I also haven't seen anything on the backgrounds of the two shooters.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was not there and have no ideal of what went down but I don't see any reason why Aries Jones or Tivione English have any reason to protect Joseph. Police were quick to arrest these 2 men yet did not arrest Joseph. I knw investigation is still under way but I see no reason at this time from releasing Joseph.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was not there and have no ideal of what went down but I don't see any reason why Aries Jones or Tivione English have any reason to protect Joseph. Police were quick to arrest these 2 men yet did not arrest Joseph. I knw investigation is still under way but I see no reason at this time from releasing Joseph.
I think if either of them was going to roll on Joseph, they would have already done so.

As far as what the league will do once this is settled, that's a real ?. There is no reason for the Cowboys to do the league a favor at this point.

The question I have is what kind of pressure is being brought on the league office by the owners and sponsors?

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
OJ was never found guilty of murder. Do you believe OJ is innocent

OJ is an outlier. That case clearly showed California for the Cesspool it is. In most states and cases OJ 's guilty as sin

Come on you can do better than that, humor shouldn't be so brain dead............................. Unless that's the audience your shooting for
He was walking in a parking lot at the time of his demise. Just because he may have beat someone's azz in a fight he didn't start (per all the videos) doesn't mean he should be shot in the head from the street as he's walking to his car.

True but when you put yourself in that situation **** tends to go sideways in a hurry. I'm just saying none of us were there, none of us know what really happened, That's why none of us are Police officers

And any judgement is a bit harsh an devoid of facts.

Haimerej

Reaction score
True but when you put yourself in that situation **** tends to go sideways in a hurry. I'm just saying none of us were there, none of us know what really happened, That's why none of us are Police officers

I'm sorry, but I just can't think of anything reaching a death sentence. He may have talked crazy in the bar and started the whole thing. You watch the shooting and it's clear whatever happened was over. It takes time to get to your vehicle and drive that far before the shooting.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I just can't think of anything reaching a death sentence. He may have talked crazy in the bar and started the whole thing. You watch the shooting and it's clear whatever happened was over. It takes time to get to your vehicle and drive that far before the shooting.
I have not seen who started the fight and why was a 20 year old allowed in the bar

Haimerej

Reaction score
I have not seen who started the fight and why was a 20 year old allowed in the bar

I saw a news report that said the video shows Ray's group of friends getting attacked after an exchange of words. I can't tell who's who in the video, but I assume they weren't lying. I think it was an earlier report prior to Joseph being named.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score

I understand what you're saying. Having raised 3 Men I have just taught my boys, the best way to avoid a punch is not get into a fight. the boy who got killed never thought that morning, Hey this may be my last day on earth. Don't go to areas like that. And I'm Black and Carry a gun. It's just not worth it. I've seen the video, that's not a place an NFL player should EVER be. It's not a place anyone should be. Again stuff goes sideways real quick. Maybe I'm bougie ? But it works for me. I don't go to areas like that if I can help it. KJ or the victim nothing good happens at that time in that part of town. It's a senseless death that didn't have to happen. I mean the shot s seemed to be ricochets , which tells me , punk *** young boys who didn't know what they were doing. Another punk lil boy who can't take an butt beating. Hope KJ grows up before it's too late

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is it ironic that the guy who was shot gets the, "play stupid games," treatment while the guy who kept his mouth shut until he's publicly identified gets the benefit of the doubt?
Maybe you're referring to someone I'm ignoring... What's the "play stupid games" treatment?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
I'd never heard that expression. Had to Google it. Has someone been talking smack about Ray, saying it's his own fault or something? I don't think I've seen anyone say anything negative about him, at least not to that degree.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I'd never heard that expression. Had to Google it. Has someone been talking smack about Ray, saying it's his own fault or something? I don't think I've seen anyone say anything negative about him, at least not to that degree.

It was a hyperbolic statement. Dude clarified by applying the same standard across the board. I get what he's saying.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Right you are, govnor, right you are.
For now, let us pretend there was no fistfight, no shooting from a vehicle and no player named Bossman Fat YKDV playing stupid for over a month about the shooting.
Ah, yes, the public should never speculate and instead should injest only what the police, Jerry and the Cowboys propaganda machine tell us.
Ahhhhhh! Ignorance is bliss, alright!