News: PFT: NFL ponders taking conference championship games to neutral sites

Flamma

Reaction score
Hold on. Did Jacksonville lose already? I know they are a heavy underdog, but a foregone conclusion? If the Jaguars win, the championship game is in either Buffalo or Cinci.

Mannix

Reaction score
Can someone please return my NFL to me....this is beyond asinine....only thing that could possibly top it would be the 1972 Dolphins at 15-0 having to travel to Pittsburgh for the AFCCG because it was on a rotational basis at the time. Oh...and lets not forget the MLB All Star game deciding home field in the WS. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Flamma

Reaction score
Can someone please return my NFL to me....this is beyond asinine....only thing that could possibly top it would be the 1972 Dolphins at 15-0 having to travel to Pittsburgh for the AFCCG because it was on a rotational basis at the time. Oh...and lets not forget the MLB All Star game deciding home field in the WS. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I haven't followed baseball for some time, but weren't they alternating home field for the WS back then? Making the Allstar decide home field is better than alternating IMO. It also made the AS game watchable.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This would be stupid! Homefield matters and teams fight for it. Weather makes the games! Owners can stick it

plymkr

Reaction score
Terrible idea. Why even have a regular season if there's nothing to keep playing for. Teams will start clinching playoff spots and then bench their starters for any remaining games. If this system was in place the Vikings, Eagles, Cowboys, Bill's, Chiefs all would have had their starters on the bench for 2 or 3 regular season games. I hope they don't do this.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Will result in too much resting of key players. I’d much rather just have a playoff system based on record above divison winners and no team gets a bye. Home field for the highest seeded team is plenty enough of an advantage for having the better record. None of this is rocket science. It’s mostly common sense. The Dallas TB game should have been played in Dallas based on record. Eight teams make the playoffs and everyone has to play in the first round.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Good in theory, but I can't see the league including a team like Cincinnati in that rotation. It'll be teams in the south or teams with domes only. If they go to neutral sites it's almost a lock that the league wont let weather be a factor.
yep, it will be much like the SB....only a handful of sties will get the games due to weather, hotels, stadium size, restaurants, etc...I figure Jerry World will be in line there too so Jerry would be salivating. But i personally hate the idea. Teams play for that right all season.

Fmart322

Reaction score
If they add another team, we're going to see teams with losing records as wildcards 35% of the time. I can't wait.
Could be but this year it would have been Pittsburgh and Detroit. Both at 9-8.