News: PFT: Police close case on vague Michael Irvin "allegation" from January 2024

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Allen pd apparentley investigated a not disclosed "vague" allegation(Jan '24) and have closed it now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
he did nothing illegal except be who he is, Michael Irvin. Some could argue HE was the victim, but thats not important now. He lost a lot because of this weak allegation. .Glad its over.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Very odd. I've never seen reporting like this - an "allegation" could be literally anything!

In any event, he was cleared of whatever this was. Move on.
I wonder why Michael seems to rub the sports media the wrong way/ Might it be its because he's outspoken? Almost felt like he was set up in this suit. Yes, nobody can say he did anything because hes been totally cleared. Like Dak, when shall we set our watches and calendars for the apologies to roll in? The media, social media makes me sick as do many of our so-called fans

Rayman70

Reaction score
Too bad Irvin, a shadowy figure off the field, has become a magnet for "allegations."
Perhaps it is from years of being on the fringes of criminality.
Great player, chaps, sketchy human being.
to be fair, he might be a fine human being . We are basing our bias off of his past way back in the 90's. If we are all judged by who we were many years ago, we would all be just like him. Guilty til proven innocent. We have zero idea who he is today. In the eyes of the law, he did nothing wrong and thats good enough for me. Just look at the Dak allegation. Yes, he was likely somewhere he shouldn't be with the woman, but that didnt mean he did anything wrong in the eyes of the law. We are all imperfect and its just terrible how people get painted a certain way by social media, MSM, sports media before anything gets proven true or untrue. Its complete rubbish. The media held him to a higher standard to prove his innocence than all of us and its wrong. Just because of who he was when he played... Its lawfare at its worst.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
to be fair, he might be a fine human being . We are basing our bias off of his past way back in the 90's. If we are all judged by who we were many years ago, we would all be just like him. Guilty til proven innocent. We have zero idea who he is today. In the eyes of the law, he did nothing wrong and thats good enough for me. Just look at the Dak allegation. Yes, he was likely somewhere he shouldn't be with the woman, but that didnt mean he did anything wrong in the eyes of the law. We are all imperfect and it’s just terrible how people get painted a certain way by social media, MSM, sports media before anything gets proven true or untrue. It’s complete rubbish. The media held him to a higher standard to prove his innocence than all of us and it’s wrong. Just because of who he was when he played... It’s lawfare at its worst.
He’s had multiple incidents since his playing days.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wonder why Michael seems to rub the sports media the wrong way/ Might it be its because he's outspoken? Almost felt like he was set up in this suit. Yes, nobody can say he did anything because hes been totally cleared. Like Dak, when shall we set our watches and calendars for the apologies to roll in? The media, social media makes me sick as do many of our so-called fans
Just because someone is cleared doesn’t mean they were totally innocent.

DA’s have to determine if they think they have enough evidence to get a verdict beyond a reasonable doubt.

Celebrity cases are often dropped for this very reason .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
he did nothing illegal except be who he is, Michael Irvin. Some could argue HE was the victim, but thats not important now. He lost a lot because of this weak allegation. .Glad it’s over.
There was never any any criminal charges. He was just booted from hotel for his behavior.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There was never any any criminal charges. He was just booted from hotel for his behavior.
yes I know. Thats the weird part. I guess he looked at her wrong or offended in some way. But again, its moot.

Rayman70

Reaction score
false accusations should be just as bad as the real thing.