News: PFT: Police close case on vague Michael Irvin "allegation" from January 2024

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just because someone is cleared doesn’t mean they were totally innocent.

DA’s have to determine if they think they have enough evidence to get a verdict beyond a reasonable doubt.

Celebrity cases are often dropped for this very reason .
true but no one has yet to see a shred of anything that says he was in the wrong. It was weak from the start. Lets move on. Its moot anyway.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't know it's kind of vague...;)
of course, its vague, because nothing other than poor taste was done wrong by him. Velcro girl was throwing shiet against the wall to see what might stick. Was the NFL network behind this push to shove him out? Was it personal? These are all good questions but in the end it worked out, but not til he was nearly ruined. He must be smarter than hang out at a hotel bar without someone with him that insulates him from these clingers on that might see an opportunity to get paid. Michael was dumb. Then again, he was just being Mike.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It's always gonna be something with Mike ....... he will always be a trouble magnet.

Great player, good dude, but he can never just live like a normal person.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Very odd. I've never seen reporting like this - an "allegation" could be literally anything!

In any event, he was cleared of whatever this was. Move on.
some folks just cant move on and still strongly imply that hes guilty of SOMETHING no matter the outcome. All because of his past like 25 years ago lol. My Lord. People do change and humans arent perfect. Thats why we have laws and he didn't break any in this recent farce. If a ham sandwich offends me, shall I sue the manufacturer of the ham? lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's always gonna be something with Mike ....... he will always be a trouble magnet.

Great player, good dude, but he can never just live like a normal person.
true but how do we truly know who he is now? We assume hes a magnet but I think its more an indictment of the grifters that he bumps into on a daily basis. Cant blame him for just being who he is. He cant change that. But what he can do is be smarter when he goes out. Id seriously hire me like 3 bodyguards that help him make good decisions

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
true but how do we truly know who he is now? We assume hes a magnet but I think its more an indictment of the grifters that he bumps into on a daily basis. Cant blame him for just being who he is. He cant change that. But what he can do is be smarter when he goes out. Id seriously hire me like 3 bodyguards that help him make good decisions
But he does not want to make good decisions ...... Mike was one of the original diva's in the NFL ..... he loves the attention and the spotlight ..... he just does not like the consequences and thinks being a nice guy should make him not have to pay said consequences.

I mean this guy showed up at his trial in front of the grand jury in the 90's wearing a flashy fur coat and sunglasses.

I wish the best for Mike ....... but if he wanted to grow up and make changes, he would have done it before he was almost 60.

Rayman70

Reaction score
But he does not want to make good decisions ...... Mike was one of the original diva's in the NFL ..... he loves the attention and the spotlight ..... he just does not like the consequences and thinks being a nice guy should make him not have to pay said consequences.

I wish the best for Mike ....... but if he was gonna grow up and change he would have done it before he was almost 60.
man, how do we know that? Im not saying hes perfect, but to say he chooses not to make good decisions might be a bit much. We can say this, he certainly should have a team of trusted staffers around him to make sure things like the hotel non-incedent, dont happen again. I never said Mike had common sense,that much is true, but its not like he's Antonio Brown and off his nut.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Some people move through life leaving no wake at all; no indications that they passed by.
Mike just plows through life and makes waves everywhere.

Unlike some here, I do not think that makes him a bad person. Those that do clearly never liked him anyway

Rayman70

Reaction score

I mean this guy showed up at his trial in front of the grand jury in the 90's wearing a flashy fur coat and sunglasses.

I wish the best for Mike ....... but if he wanted to grow up and make changes, he would have done it before he was almost 60.
Mike needs to be Mike. Its who he is. His passion for ball is misconstrued unfairly because hes so colorful . Hes definitely a character. But thats all. He needs to be himself. I just wouldn't make it a habit of venturing into bars anymore.Like I tell my kids that are grown now, NOTHING good an come from being in a bar. NOTHING. Stay away. Even a hotel bar. Some have to learn lessons the hard way and Mike never really had a father to father him in these matters,that we know. So thats been a big obstacle for him his entire life. Main thing is, MAYBE he finally has learned. Like you said, I wish him the best.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Some people move through life leaving no wake at all; no indications that they passed by.
Mike just plows through life and makes waves everywhere.

Unlike some here, I do not think that makes him a bad person. Those that do clearly never liked him anyway
well said.!!!! SOME are passive aggressive with their takes because underneath it all, they don't like him, and never did.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
its not like he's Antonio Brown and off his nut.
Who is more "off his nut"

Guy who strips while running of the field and makes crazy news stories and has one arrest.

or

Guy who stabs his teammate in the neck over a haircut. and gets arrested multiple times.

Rayman70

Reaction score
bottom-line, there is no there there in this matter,never was. As much as that must pain some here,thats the facts.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Who is more "off his nut"

Guy who strips while running of the field and makes crazy news stories and has one arrest.

or

Guy who stabs his teammate in the neck over a haircut. and gets arrested multiple times.
that was what 30 years ago? 20 years ago? When does a man or woman get passed that stigma? NEVER? Life is about being better as we go. Maybe Mike has.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
that was what 30 years ago? 20 years ago? When does a man or woman get passed that stigma? NEVER? Life is about being better as we go. Maybe Mike has.
I was just comparing the two since you said one was of his nut and one was not.

I hope he has ...... tired of him being a meme instead of being the Hall of Famer he is.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I was just comparing the two since you said one was of his nut and one was not.

I hope he has ...... tired of him being a meme instead of being the Hall of Famer he is.
agree. Part of it will be him keeping an inner circle around him to help insulate him going forward. You can bet he has done that. People act like he took that girl to his room and did something lol...all he did was mingle with the patrons, say some off color remarks, joke around, and leave to his room. Thats all he did. If we are held to that high standard we would be in the same boat as him, but HE being a TV personality with his reputation, he was an easy target and thats on him.

Rayman70

Reaction score

that was what 1995 0r 96? almost 20 years ago...he wore a fur coat to his trial lol...oh boy. I wouldn't have done that, but again, that in itself isnt a crime either.Its poor optics maybe,but thats all.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
that was what 1995 0r 96? almost 20 years ago...he wore a fur coat to his trial lol...oh boy. I wouldn't have done that, but again, that in itself isnt a crime either.Its poor optics maybe,but thats all.
No I was just saying its part of his Diva and attention seeking ..... even in front of the Grand Jury.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Mike likes to live on the edge. You pay a price for that.