Pft:raiders Ga-ga For Gholston?

fan62

Reaction score

Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2008, 9:20 p.m.

At a time when many league observers believe that the Oakland Raiders won’t be able to resist the 4.33 speed of running back Darren McFadden with the fourth overall pick in the draft, a league source tells us that there are “strong indications” that the Raiders will select Ohio State linebacker/defensive end Vernon Gholston.

Gholston’s stock has improved dramatically as a result of pre-draft workouts. If drafted by the Raiders, he would likely supplant Jay Richardson at right defensive end.

And if the Raiders pass on McFadden, look for the Cowboys to try to make a move north, possibly by trading their two first-round picks (No. 22 and No. 28 overall) to the Jets at No. 6 or the Patriots at No. 7.

For the Pats, the move would be a no-brainer, since it would restore the first-rounder they lost due to Spygate, and it would give them two cracks in round one, at much smaller financial investments.

In the Belichick-Pioli era, the Patriots have found guys like Vince Wilfork, Laurence Maroney, Ben Watson, Logan Mankins, and Daniel Graham by picking in round one after the twentieth overall selection.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Here we go....

Thing is, there is a good chance Gholston could be gone before the Raiders pick.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
doesn't suprise me. but it will suprise a lot of you(i don't know why) when jerry moves up and drafts McFadden

Bizwah

Reaction score
Rampage;2030409 said:
doesn't suprise me. but it will suprise a lot of you(i don't know why) when jerry moves up and drafts McFadden

What'll surprise me is if people ever stop talking about JJ getting McFadden.

The story's been done to death.

I'd love to have him, but I don't want to see us pay the price to get him. If he fell to us at #22, I'd expect our draft card to be up there quickly.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Rampage;2030409 said:

Kinda had a feeling I would find you here...;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm almost rooting for the Jets to save me. It's unreal.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;2030419 said:
:D save you from what?
McFadden threads.

I could filter out the word, but I kind of think that's overboard.

17 days until sanity is restored. I need some Valium.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2030421 said:
McFadden threads.

I could filter out the word, but I kind of think that's overboard.

17 days until sanity is restored. I need some Valium.
well you're gonna be seeing them more and more after we draft him. it will all be worth it once he gets on the field.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give the Jets #22 and next year's #1.

This year's #28 goes to Detroit!

:pray:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Rampage;2030425 said:
well you're gonna be seeing them more and more after we draft him. it will all be worth it once he gets on the field.

If I didn't know any better, I would think Jesus came down and told you this.

Pabst

Reaction score
stasheroo;2030426 said:
Give the Jets #22 and next year's #1.

This year's #28 goes to Detroit!

:pray:

Well, I'd trade 2009's 32nd pick overall and this years 22nd for the 6th pick overall.

Hehehe.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pabst;2030434 said:
Well, I'd trade 2009's 32nd pick overall and this years 22nd for the 6th pick overall.

Hehehe.

:hammer:

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"

wimpy.jpg

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Rampage;2030425 said:

Dude, your obsession is getting really creepy, kinda like this
anna.nicole.smith-old-man.jpg

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2030441 said:
Dude, your obsession is getting really creepy, kinda like this
anna.nicole.smith-old-man.jpg
hey she had it pretty good till she died :laugh2:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Rampage;2030446 said:
hey she had it pretty good till she died :laugh2:

Yes she did;) and i'm just messin.

I'd love DMac if it doesn't cost too much and we get to keep MBIII for more than 2008. Those two things are not likely, and that's why I'm not high on the whole deal.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2030448 said:
:laugh2:

So is it speculation or inside info??

:laugh1:

Sorry I have issues...
just my opinion that i have put a lot of thought into. it seemed like that was jerry's plan all along. than clevelands pick wasn't a top 5 and jerry started telling the media that he won't go for McFadden. he's gotten almost everybody thinking he won't when i believe he will. he's played it so well so far and in 2 weeks you might be suprised how we address the rb position at the same time adding some wow to the offense.