Pft:raiders Ga-ga For Gholston?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2030451 said:
Yes she did;) and i'm just messin.

I'd love DMac if it doesn't cost too much and we get to keep MBIII for more than 2008. Those two things are not likely, and that's why I'm not high on the whole deal.
well i think #1 barber will be here for atleast next season no matter what. #2 would both 1st rounders this year or 1 st this year and our 1st next year be considered too much in your opinion?

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I would not mind seeing Dmac. I would rather have thrown the draft away for peterson though.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Not surprising, really.

They resigned Kelly and want to keep him at DT. They have Sands inside too. Burgess on the end. They could use another DE and an athletic freak like Gholston make sense.

They are really pushing that defense.... they could potentially be good next year if Russell can have a solid year.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Rampage;2030452 said:
just my opinion that i have put a lot of thought into. it seemed like that was jerry's plan all along. than clevelands pick wasn't a top 5 and jerry started telling the media that he won't go for McFadden. he's gotten almost everybody thinking he won't when i believe he will. he's played it so well so far and in 2 weeks you might be suprised how we address the rb position at the same time adding some wow to the offense.

Well, one thing is true, if he does get pass the Raiders, Jerry will at least make a call to see if he can make a deal. Now if the price is too high to move up, thats one thing, but I figure he will at least give the Jets or Pats a call.

If this is the case, it also depends on what Miami does with the first pick. If they go for Chris Long, then the Rams will probably go with Gholston. If Miami goes with Jake Long, Gholston could fall to the Raiders.

Of course, everything at this time of year is a smokescreen, this could be one from the Raiders just as easy as Jerry could be putting out smokescreens.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
stasheroo;2030426 said:
Give the Jets #22 and next year's #1.

This year's #28 goes to Detroit!

:pray:

That would work for me, especially if we can a corner in the 2nd round. But something tells me it would take more than a first and a second round pick to move up (1st rounder next year equals the same value of a 2nd rounder this year).

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Rampage;2030454 said:
well i think #1 barber will be here for atleast next season no matter what. #2 would both 1st rounders this year or 1 st this year and our 1st next year be considered too much in your opinion?

Well, sending them a first next year is like a second this year, so I doubt that would get it done. It will be very difficult to get a vet WR like Roy, Pacman, and DMac in here all at the same time. I figure we would have to give up most of our picks to make that happen, and we would be alot more dependent on Pacman.

High risk, high reward, but we need to be able to draft at least one CB perferably in the first 3 rounds.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2030466 said:
Well, sending them a first next year is like a second this year, so I doubt that would get it done. It will be very difficult to get a vet WR like Roy, Pacman, and DMac in here all at the same time. I figure we would have to give up most of our picks to make that happen, and we would be alot more dependent on Pacman.

High risk, high reward, but we need to be able to draft at least one CB perferably in the first 3 rounds.
that's the #1 position to address after they get run dmc

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2030466 said:

Very true. Good post.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Hostile;2030421 said:
McFadden threads.

I could filter out the word, but I kind of think that's overboard.

17 days until sanity is restored. I need some Valium.

Don't get your hopes up. After we don't end up w/ him there's going to be a 100 threads about how we should have traded for him. When Barber doesn't rush for a 100yds, there's going to be a 100 threads about how we should have traded for him. That'll be followed by 100 more threads about how we should have traded for him whenever McFadden rushes for 100yds.

Sanity will never be restored!!!! :bang2:

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
fan62;2030402 said:

And if the Raiders pass on McFadden, look for the Cowboys to try to make a move north, possibly by trading their two first-round picks (No. 22 and No. 28 overall) to the Jets at No. 6 or the Patriots at No. 7.

But, but, but, 22 and 28 aren't enough for McFadden. :rolleyes:

I can see this deal going down. I'm not in favor of it, but I can see it going down. Especially with pacman coming to town.

I can see a #1 this year, and a #1 next year. And trade the other #1 for RW from Detroit.

Romo
Witten
TO
R Williams
Crayton
Barber
McFadden

I can hear the PSL's being sold from here.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2030495 said:
But, but, but, 22 and 28 aren't enough for McFadden. :rolleyes:

I can see this deal going down. I'm not in favor of it, but I can see it going down. Especially with pacman coming to town.

I can see a #1 this year, and a #1 next year. And trade the other #1 for RW from Detroit.

Romo
Witten
TO
R Williams
Crayton
Barber
McFadden

I can hear the PSL's being sold from here.

Upon more thought, getting Pacman, RW, and DMac could be possible....if we wait til after the draft to try to get Pacman and we don't have to give up any picks for him this year. Now, it will be much harder to get Pacman after the draft is over cause the pick we trade for him wouldn't be til next year, but it would be the most beneficial for us if we were trying to get all three.

Really, RW, CJ, or Boldin would all be hard to get. All their teams don't really have to trade them. Detroit does have the cap space to resign RW. Unless there is hatred between the player and the organization, it is so hard to get a trade done in the NFL.