News: PFT: Randy Gregory hopes to be reinstated by training camp

Birdgang

Reaction score
Personally, I just quit for the time being and hope my intuition on it going legal across the country in 2020 proves true.

Its gonna be a while..... My Doc wanted me on it since its legal in Pa. I am not allowed to use pain killers because of my job. I also am not allowed the MJ either since I am required to be armed even when not on the job .... yet I can come in half drunk from the night before. Then insurance companies are threatening to drop people who use it since Federally its an illicit drug. Yet, most of the supervisors in my department smoke like crazy. Funny thing, it's ok for them. But the dispensaries they make us raid are scum in their eyes.... local PD hates us when we overstep.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
what is RKG ?

friend wants to know

Jason Garrett direct quote:

"The most important thing is we talk about what it means to be a Dallas Cowboy, the kind of guys we want on our football team. If you look at the guys we've selected, each of these six guys represents that. They're good football players. The top three guys are from big schools. They're prominent players at that school, they have production at a high level. And then as we've gotten a little further down in the draft we've been able to take some guys who we think can fit a particular role for us. At least to create some competition on our football team. Again, they have the right measurables, they're the Right Kind Of Guys, we think they're good football players."

So every time Terrence Williams is caught lying about a dui while crashing his bicycle, or when David Irving chooses pot over the Dallas Cowboys, when Greg Hardy is signed for a huge deal immediately after threatening to kill his girlfriend and no one else in the league would even touch him, or even when Randy Gregory gets suspended for the fourth time... just remember these were the right kind of guys to represent the storied history of the Dallas Cowboys.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If you’re being suspended for smoking weed then it is preventing him from tackling people . He knows the rules and has basically chosen to smoke over playing.

The NFL has chosen to fire a player for his mental health and addiction problems.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought it was for testing positive to marijuana?

Is being addicted to pot supposed to be unrelated to testing positive for pot?

"reasonable accommodations"
They're not accommodating consequences of his mental illness or addiction.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is being addicted to pot supposed to be unrelated to testing positive for pot?

"reasonable accommodations"
They're not accommodating consequences of his mental illness or addiction.
Being addicted to a banned substance isn’t an exclusion or waiver to the policy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Mental disabilities do no specifically require marijuana. He is openly choosing to go that route against the rules of the nfl. There are many different avenues he could have taken instead. That is the problem.

Also, Marijuana is not legal in the state of Texas. Time with change that, yes. But that time is not today. They have no legal requirement of enabling his criminal activity.

Mental disabilities generally don't "specifically" require anything. Except when we're talking addiction, which is very specific.

The legal requirement is "reasonable accommodation".

Pot may not be legal in Texas, but it is legal elsewhere. Do we know where Gregory fell off the wagon?

As for illegality, read the book "Three Felonies a Day". Don't be so sure that you aren't breaking the law every week.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Mental disabilities generally don't "specifically" require anything. Except when we're talking addiction, which is very specific.

The legal requirement is "reasonable accommodation".

Pot may not be legal in Texas, but it is legal elsewhere. Do we know where Gregory fell off the wagon?

As for illegality, read the book "Three Felonies a Day". Don't be so sure that you aren't breaking the law every week.

What does this have to do with the ADA? They’re about discrimination, which isn’t happening here

Birdgang

Reaction score
You think the ADA doesn't apply to people in unions?

Union Employers get away with more then rest of the world. But Why would he need the ADA when he was caught using Illegal Drugs and 2 its against rules clearly stated in the player conduct of NFL? Pot even in the states its "Legal" , its really not. Because federal law still says it is. We bust people all the time over that crap.

Birdgang

Reaction score
He has diagnosed mental illness. I'm sure he fits the clinical definition of an addict as well.

What was he diagnosed with? Addiction is a disease not a mental health issue. Yes sometimes the go side by side..... But dude has been busted 4 times and has made good money.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Union Employers get away with more then rest of the world. But Why would he need the ADA when he was caught using Illegal Drugs and 2 its against rules clearly stated in the player conduct of NFL?

The point of labor law is to constrain the rules companies impose on their employees.