News: PFT: Randy Gregory ready to apply for reinstatement

Reaction score
don't understand the secrecy of his whole situation, you'd think he's in the witness protection program with how hush everything is on all fronts. I mean, any other player you hear who's applying for reinstatement, there seems to be much more transparency. All things Randy Gregory have gone almost radio silence the past 18 months.

Only thing I can think of is possibly he has a strong case for medical need for the pot and the NFL's hard stance towards him could have legal implications?? :huh:

glimmerman

Reaction score
don't understand the secrecy of his whole situation, you'd think he's in the witness protection program with how hush everything is on all fronts. I mean, any other player you hear who's applying for reinstatement, there seems to be much more transparency. All things Randy Gregory have gone almost radio silence the past 18 months.

Only thing I can think of is possibly he has a strong case for medical need for the pot and the NFL's hard stance towards him could have legal implications?? :huh:
My thoughts exactly. It sure was huge news everytime he failed a test. But now it’s all hush hush.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
A player that is banished can apply after a year (technically 10 months) since the approval process can take up to 60 days

Once RGregory officially applies and sends all the paperwork and tests to the doctors and staff they have 2 months to get it to Goodell

Goodell is under no obligation to act though and can wait as long as he wants or he can order a partial reinstatement....... he holds all the cards

Just to clarify a bit, according to the policy, all individuals involved in the process must take steps to allow the Commissioner to render a decision within 60 days of the application. Some sort of decision, good or bad, should be announced within 60 days though.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The system is a joke. If the kid truly has been clean for all this time then he shouldnt have to apply he should automatically be able to play.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
There's multiple reports WAY MORE RECENT that say he hasnt failed a tezt in 20+ months now.
The beat writers close to the organization say the same thing.
TMZ hasnt said a peep about there report since.
He's in the stages of applying for reinstatement.
The league hasnt said a word about him failing, which THEY MAKE PUBLIC.

No YOU prove that your little TMZ report that is your the only thing vacking your stance at this point is true. You do the work, ive already proven it.

Here's the list of evidencr displayed to Heath.

His " tucking tail and not giving evidence" bull**** is completely made up

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I think RG and his camp don’t want to make any “announcement” until it’s official. Otherwise they could potentially look foolish and lose credibility for announcing anything prematurely.

I take it the same way as if I was applying/interviewing for a job. I normally don’t mention it to anyone unless the position has been offered to me and it’s official.

No one likes claiming unsubstantiated things/outcomes especially when they don’t know if it will happen or assume that it will.

I hope this made sense.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Here's the list of evidencr displayed to Heath.

His " tucking tail and not giving evidence" bull**** is completely made up
That's not evidence. LOL. And you didn't respond to my comment. You left. You claimed there were multiple reports...I asked for a link because I couldn't find one. You didn't provide one. You finally provided one TODAY.

Reaction score
I think RG and his camp don’t want to make any “announcement” until it’s official. Otherwise they could potentially look foolish and lose credibility for announcing anything prematurely.

I take it the same way as if I was applying/interviewing for a job. I normally don’t mention it to anyone unless the position has been offered to me and it’s official.

No one likes claiming unsubstantiated things/outcomes especially when they don’t know if it will happen or assume that it will.

I hope this made sense.
I could by that......he certainly has given cause to be reserved

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Gregory, and the team would be stupid to move on without bringing him to camp if reinstated since he still belongs to them at a bargain price. With all that we've dealt with regarding Gregory, it seems like he's already been here longer than some guys' careers, yet he's barely older than some of the players fans want us to draft this year, 25.

Give the guy every chance.