News: PFT: Randy Gregory ready to apply for reinstatement

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He just had his year long ban after that it’s lifetime. I think. It may be up to commish and be 1 year each time he fails. Marijuana is different I think. But I thought in stage 3 of the program after the 1 year ban that it’s lifetime ban.
There is no lifetime ban.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
For street drugs? Or just marijuana, I know they adjusted the limits allowed in urine. And PED are very strict.
There is no lifetime ban for any drugs. I linked the actual drug policy for you a few posts up. It is taken directly from the NFL Players Association website for the players to reference. Pull that up and read the last paragraph on page 18 which addresses the rules for players who return from baishiment. They will remain in Stage 3 for the remainder of their career.

There is also a PED policy and there is no mention of lifetime ban in that policy either.

Last edited:

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Not dogging him at all.....

Also not judging one iota (although some like to make it appear that way)....

He has had multiple chances and I'm ready to see who we can get in here that does have the willpower to avoid the purp for a few years.
Would definitely be a good def rush

glimmerman

Reaction score
There is no lifetime ban for any drugs. I linked the actual drug policy for you a few posts up. It is taken directly from the NFL Players Association website for the players to reference. Pull that up and read the last paragraph on page 18 which addresses the rules for players who return from baishiment. They will remain in Stage 3 for the remainder of their career.

There is also a PED policy and there is no mention of lifetime ban in that policy either.
Thanks I will read that it. So basically each failure in stage 3, reinstatement is up to goodell?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Thanks I will read that it. So basically each failure in stage 3, reinstatement is up to goodell?

Right. He would get banished for at least 1 year and would need to apply for reinstatement. For performance enhancing drugs the language is "two seasons".

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Right. He would get banished for at least 1 year and would need to apply for reinstatement. For performance enhancing drugs the language is "two seasons".
I would say a banishment is a 'de facto' lifetime ban

It is left up to the Commish and a bunch of Doctors to approve your re-instatement
There is nothing the player can do to automatically get approved after a year or two and they are never out of Stage 3 if they are allowed to return

A Lifetime Ban with one chance at Parole

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I would say a banishment is a 'de facto' lifetime ban

It is left up to the Commish and a bunch of Doctors to approve your re-instatement
There is nothing the player can do to automatically get approved after a year or two and they are never out of Stage 3 if they are allowed to return

A Lifetime Ban with one chance at Parole

I hear you. Banishment is "indefinite" but something you can technically come back from. Lifetime is "you can't even apply" and the policy never gets to that point.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't figure out why you are so difficult on this topic. I like you so I don't want to get sarcastic and I don't know how many times I need to explain this for you to understand.

I don't have to provide proof the TMZ report is not fake. I have never tried to pass it off as fact. I have only passed it off as something that has been reported. In addition to relaying that TMZ reported he failed another test, I have also included the fact that Jerry indicated he was skeptical of the report. I have stated repeatedly that I don't know if the report is true or not.

You insist on trying to kill the messenger every time and insist the report is fake. For some reason, and I have asked in the past why with no response from you, me keeping the opinion of the report being "unconfirmed" seems to bother you. Being of the opinion the absence of a confirmed failed drug test does not automatically equal being clean seems to bother you and other posters.

If it comes out that Gregory has been clean, I will be happy for him and as a Cowboys fan. I want him to come back, but I'm not going to claim something that I don't know to be true. If it is being reported that Gregory has been clean, then I'll be extremely happy to read about it. You've claimed many sources are now reporting it. I did a search and couldn't find anything. If you have the sources, let me know, please.
Whether he failed or missed a test last April is irrelevant.....it doesn't change his banishment at all

He was already banished and I'm not even sure if he stills tests regularly with the NFL while banished

One of the requirements for reinstatement is to provide a history of your recovery and failed tests ....the NFL would have this is if they administered all the tests

But like you said........ if the TMZ is true or not it is pointless to argue.....he is eligible to apply and it is up to Goodell whether or not he lets him back.... we will know in 60 days or so

cern

Reaction score
Diseased??? Addicted??? I don't know. I just hope he's reinstated and becomes the player everyone thought he'd be.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
What is the timeline for players applying for reinstatement and when can we expect to hear something from the league?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
What is the timeline for players applying for reinstatement and when can we expect to hear something from the league?
A player that is banished can apply after a year (technically 10 months) since the approval process can take up to 60 days

Once RGregory officially applies and sends all the paperwork and tests to the doctors and staff they have 2 months to get it to Goodell

Goodell is under no obligation to act though and can wait as long as he wants or he can order a partial reinstatement....... he holds all the cards

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
So will Goodell actually reinstate him? I mean it would potentially help the Boys if he does, so that tells me the reinstatement won't happen......Half serious here....