News: PFT: Randy Gregory, Taco Charlton respond to Jerry Jones' remarks about them

Section446

Reaction score
Taco can shut up, he's one of the biggest busts in the history of the franchise.

Gregory's dumb *** owes Jerry his lively hood, most owners would have dropped him a lot earlier.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry was questioned by the media. Had he not answered honestly, some would be complaining he is a coward unwilling to answer hard questions from the media.
He wasn't asked to ridicule a former player. That was his choice to answer that way. I doubt he had malice in mind, but rather it was his typical lack of forethought.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Taco, Gregory, Jerry, and Stephen.

These 4 are perfect for each other. 4 people that are horrible at their jobs.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The Cowboys made an offer to Gregory. They could have easily taken the language he disliked out of the contract, but they didn't. So in essence they let him walk.
LOL. The language was put in after the fact. Removing it wouldnt have done anything.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Seriously, are we going to be that sensitive that anything he says is considered insulting?
Jones is right! Having Armstrong & Fowler on attendance alone. Gregory made himself unavailable.
Taco? He's on his what, 5th team? He couldn't be more irrelevant.

Jones is going to talk if he's asked the questions. Or, if his ego inflates. Who's not aware of this?
They're "tired of the comments" but have to publicly respond? Typical media. Some people just know how to avoid that. Now it's it's somehow a big deal.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry was just trying to make a joke.

Mr. El Paso is about as good at humor as he is at running a football team.

This is going to get much, much worse btw as he ages.

Things tend to fly out of people's mouths with the older they get...and clearly he isnt going to shut it until a higher power does that for him.

Some of the things with Jerry's idol Al Davis were brutal toward the end, and I'd swear he still haunts that franchise from the grave.

Jarntt

Reaction score
What Jerry said about Taco was hysterical. BUT, only if it was said in private. I get that you are fair game when you are an NFL player or any other public figure, but naming Taco in the interview that you know was filmed was in poor taste IMO. But, I really don't think it was such a big deal either

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not many bigger critics of our dysfunctional ownership than me and I actually thought it was funny.

My biggest take away from the news conference is it’s obvious who still has the final say. And it’s also obvious our HC is a puppet.

Sad news , not much has changed at the Star.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is just more evidence of what a classless, egotistical, petty person Booger is. He is a phony on the outside and talks so much that he can't let the real creature that lurks beneath his skin come out.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Taco never should have been taken where he was. Not his fault though. Gregory was a reclamation project that Jerry was hell bent on making into a star. The player however had different ideas. He went to Denver now that pot is tolerated in the NFL and legal in Colorado it was pretty enticing to him most likely. I don't hate Gregory per say but he is no longer a Cowboy. Jerry should shut up his pie hole about both as they are not relevant to this team anymore.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is just more evidence of what a classless, egotistical, petty person Booger is. He is a phony on the outside and talks so much that he can't let the real creature that lurks beneath his skin come out.
My take away. This is McCarthys last season barring a very deep run. Lol

Talk about someone who looks totally uncomfortable kissin their butts.

I was somewhat targeting MM but I feel kinda sorry for him now. He deserves better than this crap show.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
“I just think we’re tired of the unnecessary comments,” Gregory wrote. “We living and taking care of ourselves. I’m amazed at how many people got their lives together enough to pass judgment.”

I actually agree with him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not many bigger critics of our dysfunctional ownership than me and I actually thought it was funny.

My biggest take away from the news conference is it’s obvious who still has the final say. And it’s also obvious our HC is a puppet.

Sad news , not much has changed at the Star.
Did you expect it to change when the owner uses the word "comfortable" as a reason for keeping Garrett for 10 years?

Any HC of the Cowboys will have to meet that "comfortable" stage where the owner plays the role of the HC just short of putting himself out their for criticism.

Garrett mentioned that he and McC were friends because he told Booger he would like him. I am sure he coached McC just what to say to get that job in 12 hours.

What I never got were the posters mentioning guys like Meyer and Riley as candidates and now it's Payton. In the small network of HC's in the NFL, think the respect level for McC is very high? However, they know he needed the job because the NYG were his only other possibility. A man does what he has to do. And he is getting paid very well for being a eunuch.

However, I wonder if McC spends a lot of time regretting how he pitched himself for the job and how he ended last season throwing his OC under the bus? I am sure what he agreed to in that interview seemed a lot easier than he anticipated and he didn't foresee his boss having an open dinner with Payton to rub salt in the wound. Booger is such a despicable and petty man.