News: PFT: Report: Baker Mayfield informs Browns he wants trade to Colts

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Baker is a millennial knucklehead. He will never be a winner and will probably screw up wherever he goes.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Is Baker even good enough to be making demands?

Wth is going on with Jimmy G it's sure is quiet?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Pretty darn smart. Colts are a step away from playoffs and I think he is better than Carson.

And that's part of the reason the Browns won't trade him to the Colts even if they get Watson. Imagine that deal coming back to bite them in the playoffs. Probably either looking at a bottom AFC team or an NFC team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Browns picked up the 5th year option on him, so his $19 is fully guaranteed and he is an UFA after this year.

Going to be hard to trade him under those conditions. Unless a team is willing to give him a new long term contract, they might be trading for a one year rental.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yeah it's one thing to request a trade, quite another to limit the market to one team. Get real, Baker. In fact, while I supported Mayfield's position in demanding a trade yesterday, if the Browns are willing to pay him $19M to be a backup that's their prerogative.

He’s in the final year of his deal…tons of leverage

Use it while you got it

Carson

Reaction score
Is Baker even good enough to be making demands?

Wth is going on with Jimmy G it's sure is quiet?
Classic example of a team overplaying their hand. He will get traded when somebody gets hurt

quickccc

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

" It’s been a rough week for Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield, who has gone from being unquestioned starter in Cleveland to unequivocal odd man out.

Through it all, we’ve noticed one important factor.

His current and former Cleveland teammates have been a non-factor.

They’ve said nothing in support of Mayfield. Not a word. Not a peep.

Compare that with 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, who continues to periodically generate statements of unconditional love and support from teammates, even as the team clearly intends to move on from him.

What does the silence from Mayfield’s peers mean? On one hand, he has been replaced by Deshaun Watson, not some random slappy. On the other hand, they could at least express some form of regret for what’s happening to Mayfield, the first overall pick in the 2018 draft who he is being cast aside in Cleveland.

For any team thinking about trading for Mayfield, it’s a relevant consideration to be balanced along with all other potential factors that will determine whether a move is or isn’t made to get him... "

jnday

Reaction score
Baker is an immature young QB that would benefit from a veteran taking him under his wing and working with him. It looks like there is not a team in the league that wants him. That should humble him, but I doubt it. It seems like Colin Cowherd spends at least 30 minutes a day talking about him and he has constantly trying to ruin Baker’s career. It might be over already. Who knows?

RaZon

Reaction score
Baker don’t want to lose them endorsements lol…:

How long before he starts hearing.....sorry but we can't use you anymore?

I can't think of one NFL team that would want him as their starting QB, The CFL...???

i do give him props for being great in those commercials and knowing he better grab all that endorsement $$$$ before the fact he sucks becomes obvious.

Flamma

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield is in the bottom 5 of starting QBs and I hate making lists. Normally the QB of the Browns gets a pass because he plays for the Browns but Cleveland has been trying to win. Mayfield is the reason they have not.

Ok, I know he's not the best thing since toilet paper, but bottom 5? Just the quarterbacks in the NFC East not named Dak are worse. That's 3 already. You got nobody in Chicago, Miami, Detroit, New Orleans, Carolina, and the Jets starter is still a toss up. Add the 49ers if they traded Garoppolo, but not if they didn't.

Flamma

Reaction score
How long before he starts hearing.....sorry but we can't use you anymore?

I can't think of one NFL team that would want him as their starting QB, The CFL...???

i do give him props for being great in those commercials and knowing he better grab all that endorsement $$$$ before the fact he sucks becomes obvious.

He'll probably go on 1 year deal to someone like the Panthers, Saints, or even the Falcons.

RaZon

Reaction score
He'll probably go on 1 year deal to someone like the Panthers, Saints, or even the Falcons.

With his personally do you really think a one year deal would work for this guy? He is a scrapper no doubt about that, can't see him being ok with something like that. He is being told .....we don't have much faith in you.