News: PFT: Report: Cowboys could trade for a running back

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't know where anybody gets the idea that the Cowboys think he is a 'franchise RB.' They haven't committed any big $$$ to him. He was named the starter after he earned the spot. And there has been gripes about his durability pretty much from day 1.

YR

novenom

Reaction score
Thanks, I wasn't sure but for some reason i thought he did. I probably got him mixed up with another back.

novenom

Reaction score
I personally don't think its smart to trade for any back right now. I would just wait till the draft and find good young talent.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I gotta respectfully say... pass.

To spend even more (draft) resources on RB would cause me to pull even more of my hair out.

Why not give Randle a chance?

Given this teams talent at WR/TE/QB and now the line is performing fine... Well I think the Cowboys could put you at RB and should score 30 points a week.

The problem is defense.

And after this season the team needs another guard and at least a couple picks for the defensive line. And Romo's eventual replacement needs to be considered.

So to spend a 2nd on a RB? I voice a resounding "NO". :)

I'm with you. Tanner is a good 2nd or 3rd guy too. You don't just give up on your players. You call on them. And they step up.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Fred Jackson just got hurt. Looks serious. Looks like they'll need CJ Spiller now.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
i think its a dumb trade, but since we're talking about it

Adrian Peterson
Mark Ingram
Ben Tate
CJ Spiller

any would be an upgrade over murray (ingram might be slightly questionable here)

fifaguy

Reaction score
not sure about trades, but we should be kicking the tires for a veteran rb still I think. Seemed like for half the game the Cowboys didn't trust having Randle run the ball. Would also be nice insurance if Murray is out for multiple games, again.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
If we do make a trade a Dlineman is a priority. We don't need a RB right now. We drafted someone to fill in for Murray; didn't draft to fill any of the four Dline spots.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Would've to get my hands on Ingram... Also Ben Tate would be on my radar

Ditto. He has a bad toe, but even when he's healthy, the Saints don't use him much. I think he's a grinder. He just needs to get better toes.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Nothing gets a NFL journalist national attention like writing about the Dallas Cowboys.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
If a trade is made I believe it will be Ingram. He is young and was on the Cowboys draft board real high if I remember right. With Sproles and Thomas he may be expendable to the Saints. JMO

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
If we are trading for a RB, it needs to be MJD for a 6th. I don't want to give up anything higher than a 5th rounder. we've done well drafting as of late, we need to keep building a young team with the draft.