News: PFT: Report: Jason Garrett has been campaigning to remain the Cowboys coach

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
Sounds like Garrett would accept $15.00 dollars an hour to keep his job. Why not ? All his coaches make the calls while he stands on the sidelines looking like a stiff and doing nothing.

Verdict

Reaction score
If true, then that tilts toward a decision has not yet been made. I think if you want Garrett out you better hope that Jerry is undecided. Because if he has decided that probably means we are retaining Garrett in at least some capacity.

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
If this is true and he gets his job back, he will be the most hated person not just in Dallas but most of the country.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Jerry has a reason for not publicly stating Garrett will not return as the head coach. I am NOT sure what the reason is. But that’s odd for a guy who talks about anything and everything. There is some sort of smoke here.

So I’ll tell you what I think is happening and some of this is coming from family that is friends with some that work in capacity with the Cowboys....Garrett is family to them. Garrett has no urge to go elsewhere. They ste looking at new HCs but would love to find a spot for Jason ANYWHERE in management. McCarthy went well and he’s still here according to Twitter. It’s not for coordinator

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Forgive me, I haven't read all the posts in this thread so there is a good chance someone has already addressed this:

What is going through Garrett's mind that he would "campaign" for his job? Personally, if my former employer advised me that I was no longer required (or, was fired, or any other words you may use), the last thing I would do is negotiate to retain my job. Now, I may negotiate quite vigorously for a severance package, but not for my job.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't won't to work where I am not wanted.

It seems somewhat demeaning to me to "campaign" for one's job after being let go.

What am I missing?

Hayseed

Reaction score
Jason Garrett.....Head coach....Princeton. Thats where this should end.

Verdict

Reaction score
When you start off with "could do worse", you already are.

Stop with any motion of Garrett sticking around being anything other than the decade of disaster that it has been.

The guy is reduced to begging for his job and you still think it can work here?

No. Stop it.

I am saying I don’t think it’s a done deal that Garrett is gone yet. That’s different than saying I want him to be head coach next year.

I don’t think he awesome. I do think that Jerry could do worse: See: Campo, Dave; Edwards, Herm; Kitchens;

Verdict

Reaction score
Forgive me, I haven't read all the posts in this thread so there is a good chance someone has already addressed this:

What is going through Garrett's mind that he would "campaign" for his job? Personally, if my former employer advised me that I was no longer required (or, was fired, or any other words you may use), the last thing I would do is negotiate to retain my job. Now, I may negotiate quite vigorously for a severance package, but not for my job.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't won't to work where I am not wanted.

It seems somewhat demeaning to me to "campaign" for one's job after being let go.

What am I missing?

I think what we have is rampant speculation from the media. They know the fans want Garrett out and they are straining to read the tea leaves that gets them clicks.

While the speculation may indeed turn out to be ultimately correct, that’s all it is -speculation.

If you really look at the facts objectively—if you want Garrett gone—completely—you should be very concerned right now.

Verdict

Reaction score
So I’ll tell you what I think is happening and some of this is coming from family that is friends with some that work in capacity with the Cowboys....Garrett is family to them. Garrett has no urge to go elsewhere. They ste looking at new HCs but would love to find a spot for Jason ANYWHERE in management. McCarthy went well and he’s still here according to Twitter. It’s not for coordinator

I’m not totally sold on McCarthy, but I do think we could do worse than him.

Verdict

Reaction score

I will say this:

I think that there is a good chance that Garrett stays in some capacity, and that may be more likely than head coach. But as of now, I don’t think he is leaving the Cowboys organization.

EJK24

Reaction score
I don't known who the culprits were but I'd love to know what the people who believed Garrett wanted out of here, are thinking now. The ones who said the culture, Jerry, and whatever else, would make him want to leave.

Doesnt look like hes anxious to leave and in fact, dont think weve heard much of other teams wanting to get a chance to interview him either.

Hanging around your place of employment while you know they are interviewing your replacement isnt a good look. For a guy who many thought would be a highly sought after coach, doesnt seem like hes got many opportunities lined up.