News: PFT: Report: Jason Garrett has been campaigning to remain the Cowboys coach

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he delusional and thinks he’s coming back after being told no?

I've long given up trying to 'understand' how any of them are handling this thing. I just know that it's wrong, and it clear evidence of the dysfunction that exists inside the building and why they haven't won anything in 25 years. This is a recipe for failure.

And anyone who's trying to make sense of it is making excuses. There's no excusing this.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is so Jerry. Just sad. I thought a new coach could bring some hope, but Jerry’s handling of this debacle completely threw that hope out the window.

Yes.

This shows that the dysfunction is still alive and well, and that it won't really even matter who that next head coach is, because that poor sap will have to walk into this mess. And in addition to learning everything else he needs to about his new team and personnel and staff, he'll have to try to do it under the employ of a madman.

lwehlers

Reaction score
just show Jason garrett the door tomorrow and get thing over with or give him another one year deal. really stupid also to me in interviewing and taking a coach out to dinner while the current coach is still in his office.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Report: Jason Garrett "has been campaigning" to remain the Cowboys coach

So what has been going on during the "run out the clock" meetings between the Cowboys and coach Jason Garrett? From Garrett's perspective, the goal is to keep his job. Ed Werder o...

Read Full Story

More Werder speculation and what's worse is Garrett has publicly said he wants to continue to coach the Cowboys. It's just Werder hitting all the points of first it's not if but when Garrett will be fired and now it's maybe he won't be fired. All this proves is this "insider" has zero facts on anything to do this this.

I thought we weren't supposed to be able to start more new threads about Garret's firing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If true, it’s really sad and pathetic on Garrett’s part.

The thing is.. He had 10 years and he’s not going to do anything different and he’ll hope it brings different results.

bewp7

Reaction score
can the cowboys send garrett on some kind of top secret scouting mission in china or maybe a scavenger hunt where he needs to find lost treasure in the amazon or something until his contract finally runs out? this is getting sad!

Hayseed

Reaction score
When I said earlier that I always suspected he had some kind of mental condition,....I was only half kidding. Actually not even half. some of the things he has done as head coach have been pretty out there. Like the times earlier in his career when he literally threw games away by calling passing plays all second half when we were up big and should have just RAN out the clock and instead cost us the game.

So then he gets crucified by local and national media " rightfully so"...so what does he do the next week? He runs the ball almost every damn down regardless of down and distance and loses that one too. Almost as if he was sending out a message......"Oh,...you want me to run the ball hey,...I'll show you running the ball alright!" Im tellin ya,...the guy isnt all right in the head. Never was.:eek:

Reaction score
Of course Garrett is campaigning for the job.

He knows he won't get hired anywhere else