PFT: Report: Jay Gruden could be fired if Skins lose this week to Giants

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not sure how legit the report is but It's likely not far off.......going 0-4 means they have almost no chance at the playoff.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-gruden-could-be-fired-if-he-loses-this-week/

Report: Jay Gruden could be fired if he loses this week
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 27, 2019, 4:21 PM EDT
If Jay Gruden doesn’t play rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins soon — and he doesn’t seem so inclined — he may never get the chance.

According to Les Carpenter of the Washington Post, two sources with knowledge of the situation said that Gruden could be fired if his team loses to the Giants Sunday.

Praxit

Reaction score
..rumor had it, they wanted David Copperfield. Nothing better than illusion wins. ;)..

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Jay Gruden is going to get fired anyway. If they don't lose to the Giants, they will lose their following game against the Patriots.

Yeah there’s no way he doesn’t get fired soon anyways. Wether this week or at the end of the season.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dont get why the skins and giants didnt start their rookie qbs week 1. Not like they were going to be contenders.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
No one wants that job. That’s why they had to go with Jay Gruden last time. It’s much worse now than it was then. Yeah, I know there are only 32 jobs but anyone who is serious about their career won’t touch that job. They will once again have to settle for someone who has no business being a head coach in the NFL just as they did when they hired Gruden.

JBond

Reaction score
No one wants that job. That’s why they had to go with Jay Gruden last time. It’s much worse now than it was then. Yeah, I know there are only 32 jobs but anyone who is serious about their career won’t touch that job. They will once again have to settle for someone who has no business being a head coach in the NFL just as they did when they hired Gruden.
I heard the same thing about the Cowboys.

Amazingly, after 9 years we appear to have finally figured out a couple things.

Hope it takes twice as long for the Skins.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Why wouldn't there be? Gruden is trying to save his job and the front office is trying to win at some point. When you designate a new franchise QB, regardless of who's call it is, nobody wants to hear excuses when you are losing and Mr. Franchise is on the bench. The Giants figured that out. If you're going to lose, you may as well lose while building for the future. Keenum is not the future. Gruden is in a catch-22 now because he pretty much can't win. If he refuses to start Haskins, he better be winning. Unfortunately, the team he has built really isn't all that good overall, and Keenum isn't a guy who can rally weaker teammates to play at a higher level. At the same time, if he reluctantly starts Haskins and Haskins plays well, someone is going to ask why the hell Gruden didn't see that potential in the first place. Alternatively, if he reluctantly starts Haskins and Haskins plays poorly, the investment alone is going to bring doubts about Gruden's ability to coach. This is probably the worst outcome because Gruden will undoubtedly take an, "I told you so", position and the front office will be entrenched in their beliefs that it's all Gruden's fault.

Gruden's best chance of surviving this situation is one he's probably too prideful to take...just because he's a Gruden. His potential out is to start Haskins, win games, and acknowledge he made a poor decision. That's a really tough hill to climb. Not only is he limited due to his inability to build a team, he has to take his pride off the table. While he's not nearly as arrogant as his brother, he's still Jon Gruden's brother.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why wouldn't there be? Gruden is trying to save his job and the front office is trying to win at some point. When you designate a new franchise QB, regardless of who's call it is, nobody wants to hear excuses when you are losing and Mr. Franchise is on the bench. The Giants figured that out. If you're going to lose, you may as well lose while building for the future. Keenum is not the future. Gruden is in a catch-22 now because he pretty much can't win. If he refuses to start Haskins, he better be winning. Unfortunately, the team he has built really isn't all that good overall, and Keenum isn't a guy who can rally weaker teammates to play at a higher level. At the same time, if he reluctantly starts Haskins and Haskins plays well, someone is going to ask why the hell Gruden didn't see that potential in the first place. Alternatively, if he reluctantly starts Haskins and Haskins plays poorly, the investment alone is going to bring doubts about Gruden's ability to coach. This is probably the worst outcome because Gruden will undoubtedly take an, "I told you so", position and the front office will be entrenched in their beliefs that it's all Gruden's fault.

Gruden's best chance of surviving this situation is one he's probably too prideful to take...just because he's a Gruden. His potential out is to start Haskins, win games, and acknowledge he made a poor decision. That's a really tough hill to climb. Not only is he limited due to his inability to build a team, he has to take his pride off the table. While he's not nearly as arrogant as his brother, he's still Jon Gruden's brother.
Funny thing is that team was in the lead of the NFCE last year when they had a good QB. Now I dont think they are a good team, but if Haskins can play play at a solid level there season might turn around somewhat

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It's so much worse than that. that organization is in such turmoil that front office people, stadium workers, people that work for the club in different capacities are walking out of their jobs. I know we like to make fun of that organization a lot but they were once a proud franchise and Daniel Snyder has ruined them.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have a feeling Washington is going to beat the Giants. They're garbage too, and without Barkley, hot garbage. But that would only be 1 of about 3 or 4 wins they get all year.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3bwhly.jpg

They want Kellen Moore!!!!
:lmao:

You're joking right?
Never ask questions that let other's realize you're a newbie. :muttley:

I have a feeling Washington is going to beat the Giants.
Only on Madden Sweetheart. :laugh: