News: PFT: Report: NFL likely to review incident involving Ezekiel Elliott

aria

Reaction score
I don't want to hear from any Cowboys fan that Goodell and the league office don't have an agenda against the Cowboys compared to other teams.
Let’s dance, I have all day. Zeke got screwed the first time, not arguing that but the “league” has shown to be inconsistent with several teams and players so it’s not one sided. They actually could have gone after Zeke for much more prior to this incident but didn’t, why is that?

aria

Reaction score
Meanwhile no official announcement on the likely review of Robert Kraft's Florida prostitution indictment.
The Kraft thing is BS but did they not suspend Brady for 6 games? Did the Patriots not lose a first round pick? Was BB not fined? Don’t act like the Patsies are some NFL darling.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think that's true at all. We wouldn't be as aware of it if it were happening to a player on another team because obviously we wouldn't care as much, and that's especially true if the player were not as high profile as Zeke, but the NFL would at least take a look at it. If nothing else, the fact that the girlfriend was trying to walk away from him and he kept getting in her way would cause the league to take a look. Even though it wasn't a big deal, it doesn't have to be for women's advocacy groups to be involved, and the NFL is all about making a show of being on the right side of those kinds of issues.

Which translates to fans as well and the NFL office. Zeke is bad.

If this is any other player, it will be viewed as what could be a disagreement between a couple, no big deal.
But since it is Zeke, it will be overly critiqued as an act of aggression.

The truth is, none of us knows what transpired. But hey, even many of our own fans hate our own players and assume the worse.
Me, I seen it, and I have no idea, nor will assume anything.

erod

Reaction score
The Kraft thing is BS but did they not suspend Brady for 6 games? Did the Patriots not lose a first round pick? Was BB not fined? Don’t act like the Patsies are some NFL darling.

Cowboy fans are irrational and illogical. Bottom of the barrel. We're made fun of, and for very good reason. You're wasting your time.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The NFL reviews every incident involving a player that makes headlines in a negative way... does not mean there will be a suspension

The NFL made Zeke a scapegoat in order to repair their DV image— but they have pretty much laid low since.

Tyrone Crawford’s video is worse actually... I’d be surprised if either of them get suspended at all actually. These types of incidents happen all the time, for every team, in every off season.

You just hear about it in the news cycle whenever it’s a Cowboys player... especially when it’s Zeke.
NFL screwed Zeke over, making him their scapegoat, then stepped in it again botching the Tyreek Hill situation. They’re idiots!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy fans are irrational and illogical. Bottom of the barrel. We're made fun of, and for very good reason. You're wasting your time.

And you are one of those fans that are living proof with your hate for the team you profess to love.
So you seem to be calling out yourself here that usually post irrational and illogical posts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Let’s dance, I have all day. Zeke got screwed the first time, not arguing that but the “league” has shown to be inconsistent with several teams and players so it’s not one sided. They actually could have gone after Zeke for much more prior to this incident but didn’t, why is that?
What "much more" are you talking about?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which translates to fans as well and the NFL office. Zeke is bad.

If this is any other player, it will be viewed as what could be a disagreement between a couple, no big deal.
But since it is Zeke, it will be overly critiqued as an act of aggression.

The truth is, none of us knows what transpired. But hey, even many of our own fans hate our own players and assume the worse.
Me, I seen it, and I have no idea, nor will assume anything.

Keep in mind "aggression" doesn't mean a person beats the hell out of someone else, or that the action is severe, but Zeke did clearly act aggressively, both toward the girlfriend and the security guard. Again, not severe actions, but he did act aggressively.

I think when fans suggest that with anyone else this would just be viewed as a disagreement and no big deal, they are talking about their own viewpoint, and not that of the NFL (or really any high profile business - especially when it involves a high profile person within that business). In today's world everyone is judged for everything, and there are advocacy groups on top of every incident involving a public figure, no matter how big or small the incident is. The NFL has clearly shown it intends to circumvent criticism by looking at incidents, whether big or small, and that doesn't just apply to Zeke.

JayFord

Reaction score
I won’t argue the Bahavior of our players

I will argue that it seems the leauge pushes all other issues aside to run and discipline anyone on Dallas

aria

Reaction score
Lol, you hit the nail on the head but I literally have all day, I may even light up a breakfast cigar. I keep my posts limited to certain subjects and this is one I really can’t stand by and watch. The “poor me/us” mentality is absurd and is part of the reason we’re one of the most hated teams. I can’t stand these whiny, cry baby excuses.

The classic excuse for any NFL player is “he’s just a kid”. Gimme a break.

visionary

Reaction score
What does Garrett have to do with it?
I rather they suspend him as a side note though.

Do I really have to explain it?

If he's out and we lose it'll be a convenient excuse for continued mediocrity

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol, you hit the nail on the head but I literally have all day, I may even light up a breakfast cigar. I keep my posts limited to certain subjects and this is one I really can’t stand by and watch. The “poor me/us” mentality is absurd and is part of the reason we’re one of the most hated teams. I can’t stand these whiny, cry baby excuses.

The classic excuse for any NFL player is “he’s just a kid”. Gimme a break.
Who on this thread has said that Zeke is "just a kid"?

aria

Reaction score
I won’t argue the Bahavior of our players

I will argue that it seems the leauge pushes all other issues aside to run and discipline anyone on Dallas
Really, other then Zeke’s original suspension who else have they targeted? Did they go after Jerry for his pictures with girls his grand daughters age on their knees in a public bathroom with his pants unzipped and he’s clearly drunk? Did they not let a guy who killed his friend while drinking and driving come back to the team and play? Did they not go after Zeke for the St Patricks Day parade incident? Did they not fail to investigate the nightclub incident with Zeke? How many chances did Gregory get? What about Twill and his police footage? A slap on the wrist. Remember Rico being caught smogging out his car in public? Haven’t heard much about that either.

So, again, other than Zeke’s original suspension (which they’ve looked the other way with regards to his other “incidents”) how exactly does the league “run and discipline anyone on Dallas”?

aria

Reaction score
Who on this thread has said that Zeke is "just a kid"?
Are you kidding me? This thread is only 3 pages, look back at other threads, give it time. It’s one of the most often used excuses.

“He’s just a kid, I did much worse”. People don’t realize NFL players are held to different standards than the average college joe blow, as they should be.

aria

Reaction score
What "much more" are you talking about?
St Patricks Day. Nightclub/DJ incident. The latter which came after his suspension and could have resulted in him being kicked out of the league permanently. The NFL didn’t even sniff that, they could have done their own investigation like they do with other players and like they did with Zeke the first time. I promise, there was much more there than what there was with his original suspension.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really, other then Zeke’s original suspension who else have they targeted? Did they go after Jerry for his pictures with girls his grand daughters age on their knees in a public bathroom with his pants unzipped and he’s clearly drunk? Did they not let a guy who killed his friend while drinking and driving come back to the team and play? Did they not go after Zeke for the St Patricks Day parade incident? Did they not fail to investigate the nightclub incident with Zeke? How many chances did Gregory get? What about Twill and his police footage? A slap on the wrist. Remember Rico being caught smogging out his car in public? Haven’t heard much about that either.

So, again, other than Zeke’s original suspension (which they’ve looked the other way with regards to his other “incidents”) how exactly does the league “run and discipline anyone on Dallas”?

And then there was the incident with Damian Wilson, which also didn't draw a suspension …

Good post. People like to say these things and feel like the victim, but the reality is that other than Zeke's original suspension, the Cowboy players have mostly been busted for failed drug tests, and obviously that's just the result of urine analysis and not the league going after Cowboy players.

Last edited: