News: PFT: Report: Rams, Cowboys both want Stan Drayton as RBs coach

visionary

Reaction score
He'll have Zeke and Pollard. No state income tax in texas. Jerry needs to fly him here on his private jet and cook him dinner at his highland park home.

no sleep over?
That’s not showing respect

Oneiros

Reaction score
I didn't realize RB coaches were in such high demand to negotiate for months.........either he wants to come here or he don't. We have a team to build here either he wants to be here or he don't...move on................go pay state income tax, higher cost of living, enjoy the earthquakes and wildfires...........yup it's sure a tough decision.
Yeah, I'm kind of baffled myself as to why this is taking so long. For myself it'd be an easy decision, but who knows what else the Rams may be offering.

It seems as if the decision will ultimately come down to Rams or us and it's beginning to sound as if UT is planning on moving on and finding his replacement.

:huh:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He’s likely just playing both sides to get more money but he prob wants to be here. He’s only few hours away

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If I offered a potential employee a job and it takes them this long to decide.. I would rescind the offer and go to the #2 candidate.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's good stuff. I'm in on him coming to Dallas and staying on Zeke's case.
You’d think staying in TX and playing for more money under JJ, tutoring his old protege would give us an edge

Hopefully this gets done when JJ invites Drayton over for a spend the night at his mansion
How do we know Jerry will offer him more money than the Rams?

blueblood70

Reaction score
If I offered a potential employee a job and it takes them this long to decide.. I would rescind the offer and go to the #2 candidate.
perhaps he has to discus this with family, of he has children research schools etc..its not always easy when you have two good offers, you have to decide where you might be moving too and whats best for the family..

IMO Dallas is best because if he lives near austn already he really doesnt have to uproot the family comlletely as he can split time here and there with an rental and his wife and kids can stay and they can go back and forth easily.. LA is a giant move..he also knows Zeke well..

seems like great fit here..

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Well how long has it been?

Personally I would not want an answer right away. Says allot about potential hire (but of course I am talking about a day or two ;))

Oneiros

Reaction score
Well how long has it been?

Personally I would not want an answer right away. Says allot about potential hire (but of course I am talking about a day or two ;))
I believe that they met with him either last Thursday or Friday.

So it's been a few days especially when considering how quickly some of the other hires happened.

Praxit

Reaction score
I kept hearing how he was as slim as hed been since college last year, but he still didn't have the explosiveness of 2016.

I think thats all BS. Hes a bigger guy now. It felt like he lost a gear in 2017 and he hasn't been the same since. Great RB, but not the same player.
..no doubt, in that he lost a step already. He's not even 25 yet. I dont know if that's normal. Maybe playing smarter football?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
perhaps he has to discus this with family, of he has children research schools etc..its not always easy when you have two good offers, you have to decide where you might be moving too and whats best for the family..

IMO Dallas is best because if he lives near austn already he really doesnt have to uproot the family comlletely as he can split time here and there with an rental and his wife and kids can stay and they can go back and forth easily.. LA is a giant move..he also knows Zeke well..

seems like great fit here..

true but in my experience they usually don’t want to leave their current job. So they will take the offer to their current employer and hope they match the money or benefits.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm kind of baffled myself as to why this is taking so long. For myself it'd be an easy decision, but who knows what else the Rams may be offering.

It seems as if the decision will ultimately come down to Rams or us and it's beginning to sound as if UT is planning on moving on and finding his replacement.

:huh:
If he thinks he's that valuable we probably don't need him in here anyway

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Likewise, what about the new coach ? I think he will do a good job, what are your thoughts?
He could be the salve to our wounds.
I'm excited for this off-season, because there is a ton of opportunity to be had, and for the next two seasons.
He has a limited time though.
Jerry will always be Jerry and the longer the same voice is barking, the longer Jerry's rot undermines it.
Jerry is like acid buildup on a battery.