News: PFT: Report: Seahawks wanted Cowboys’ second-rounder for Earl Thomas

NewsBot

Reaction score
Weren’t the Seahawks supposed to be asking for at least a first- and third-round pick for Earl Thomas? Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports the Seahawks asked for the Cowboys’ second-round choice for Thomas on Friday. Dallas balked, using the pick to select offensive lineman Connor Williams. Rapoport adds that the Cowboys might have had [more]

Continue reading...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Greedy GM of Seattle. A 3rd would have been good. Now Thomas is stuck in limbo. This is why Seattle has been on the down turn lately.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I guess that Thomas can play left guard...

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
So would you rather have

-A starting 23 year old LG on a 4 year, ~$5 million contract

or

-A studly but injury prone 29 year old FS on a 1 year, $10 million contract, who's going to want probably $12 million a year after that.

I love Thomas, but the value here just doesn't work in his favor.

jay94

Reaction score
For how big of a weakness our safety is I think I would of done it, that being said I absolutely love our second and third round picks. Not our first, but oh well, hopefully the upside comes through. Hindsight I would stick with our picks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We absolutely did the right thing. A 3rd rounder for 2019 can still land him,but no way would I up the ante . Dallas is right to stick to the price they are willing to go...and I wouldn't budge either.