News: PFT: Should the Cowboys have let Dak Prescott hit the open market?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah, but Dalton, if we are honest, played really well with less talent. I mean, I just don't see the big difference between the results Dak put up and what the team did behind Dalton.

But more to the point, the post you are referring to, is not talking about last year. It's talking about this year and the next couple.

I'm watching what's going on in Green Bay. They didn't convert Rodger's Salary and that tells you that they are likely moving on in the next year or so. Love has been sitting on the bench now for 3 seasons and Green Bay will have to see what they have there soon, before he gets to his 5th year. This is exactly what they did with Favre so I think the odds are better then just good that they do it again with Rodgers. I think we are going to see Rodgers on the Market next year and had we elected to allow Dak to move on, we would be sitting on top of a ton of cap, an improved team and a lot to work with on a short term deal for a QB. If GB doesn't move on from Rodgers, we have an excellent shot at Love, who is a really talented QB. More natural ability then Dak, to be honest.

Just a different take on it.
how did he play well? he choked mightily. he had all the WRs, RB and similar OL to Dak (yeah yeah yeah, Smith played 1.5 games)..... so he choked against average and playoff teams, like WFT, AZ, Ravens...but he did beat 3 4 win teams, playing their back up QBs and needed 9 turnovers, special team and defensive TDs to accomplish that...so how is that playing well? do you think we are going to play 4 win teams all season and playing only against back up QBs?... against Jones and NY, he choked....again in a must win game....

the results were hugely different in how the offense performed with and without Dak....with Dalton teams loaded up the line, knowing he can't pass deep and he is a dink and dunk player and stopped zeke and the running game....the defensive game plan became utterly easy to play against dallas.....

Dalton is a washed up never been......you noticed chicago signed him, and still pursuing wilson, meaning they will drop his arse in a heart beat...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Interesting....

So what you are saying is basically that Tannihill, a former TE who I don't love, was able to QB a new team to the playoffs and post a better record then did Dak? Forgive me but I don't see the relevance of any of this.

Of course you don't see any relevance.. you are one of the people proclaiming that win and losing is all on the QB yet somehow this guy averaging 150 yards/game while handing off more often than he throws it is doing more than going along for the ride.. Pay no attention to the 2000 yard rusher behind the curtain. It's the QB ******. Oh and the whole "former tight end" slap.. Seriously? Just how many snaps has he played at TE in the NFL at a robust 6'4" 205 pounds? Dude would not even be considered a big receiver let alone a tight end.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
what would Titans record be with our defense!? facts.....

Ironically the Titans defense was ALMOST as bad as ours.. They finished 24th in scoring D.. But they gave up 600 fewer yards on the ground than our defense did. They also had that 2000 yard horse in their backfield. He bailed their defense out more than a few times.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Of course you don't see any relevance.. you are one of the people proclaiming that win and losing is all on the QB yet somehow this guy averaging 150 yards/game while handing off more often than he throws it is doing more than going along for the ride.. Pay no attention to the 2000 yard rusher behind the curtain. It's the QB ******. Oh and the whole "former tight end" slap.. Seriously? Just how many snaps has he played at TE in the NFL at a robust 6'4" 205 pounds? Dude would not even be considered a big receiver let alone a tight end.

And you are fan boy. So we've established what each of us are here. What is your point?

Tannehill has a better playoff record then does Dak and you are paying him way less money. I mean, seriously, you are shoveling dirt on your own grave here.

I bet you do wish you could just slap people. Tell the truth, I bet a lot of people wish you would try. That's a bad look on you Ronnie. How you gonna have a conversation taken seriously when you act like this?

Answer is you wont.......

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
PFT clickbait getting a news designation kinda defeats the purpose of a news designation.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
And you are fan boy. So we've established what each of us are here. What is your point?

Tannehill has a better playoff record then does Dak and you are paying him way less money. I mean, seriously, you are shoveling dirt on your own grave here.

I bet you do wish you could just slap people. Tell the truth, I bet a lot of people wish you would try. That's a bad look on you Ronnie. How you gonna have a conversation taken seriously when you act like this?

Answer is you wont.......

Dude what soap opera were you watching when you wrote this? Who the hell has mentioned anything about slapping people? If you are one of those people who wants to get physical over some internet argument that's your problem not mine and don't try to drag me down to that level. It won't work. If you are able to convince yourself that winning and losing is all on the QB then fine.. or that anyone who disagrees with you wants to fight knock yourself out. I will continue to point out the gaping holes in that argument and never once will I care if some idiot on the internet "takes me seriously." I talk football because I enjoy talking football.. If you're looking for more than that out of it.. well I feel sorry for you.

ondaedg

Reaction score
This was not a decision made to bring the team closer to a super bowl victory. This was a decision to appease the ‘Cult of Dak’ fans who would have revolted at not seeing their ‘hero’ out there. It was also to appease the players who like Dak.

That ridiculous contract had nothing to do with fielding a top team and everything to do with making money and appeasing fans and players.

People will buy tickets, watch the commercials that come with the game, and buy merchandise. Mission accomplished. If they win, fine. If not, no biggie. Still raking in the dough.

Your comment is ludicrous. You think McCarthy or even JJ wanted to invest our draft resources on a rookie qb who only has about a 20% chance of being as good as Dak with a defense that needs major help at every positional group?

Nuts to even think that JJ was worried about some mythological cult of Dak group.

ondaedg

Reaction score
what would Titans record be with our defense!? facts.....

Yep Tannehill had a power running game and a defense better than any we’ve had in at least 25yrs. That defense was probably better than at least one of our super bowl Ds.

Tannehill played perfectly in that setup but if they had to stop running and light it up through the air they would have struggled.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes. 3 QB's in the next tier got 10 million a year. Maybe Dak gets a similar offer from another team, maybe it's more, maybe it's less. Front office was too scarred to find out. A simple transition tag would have solved a ton of guessing. That is how you know what a guys market value really is, dangle him out there and see what manifests then decide to match it or not.

kevm3

Reaction score
Why would we play more salary games with the QB, knowing that each year, you're only making the price go up? We could have gotten him probably for 30 a year if we signed him early, but we got cute and took care of everyone else first and now here we are at 40 a year.

The moment you put him up on market is the moment another team outbids you for him and that's the moment you destroy your team by letting your qb walk. What do you think the locker rook would be like if Dak left for another team?

Swagger

Reaction score
Why would we play more salary games with the QB, knowing that each year, you're only making the price go up? We could have gotten him probably for 30 a year if we signed him early, but we got cute and took care of everyone else first and now here we are at 40 a year.

The moment you put him up on market is the moment another team outbids you for him and that's the moment you destroy your team by letting your qb walk. What do you think the locker rook would be like if Dak left for another team?

Well the team has one playoff win in 5 years so it couldn't get much worse re the locker room.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dude what soap opera were you watching when you wrote this? Who the hell has mentioned anything about slapping people? If you are one of those people who wants to get physical over some internet argument that's your problem not mine and don't try to drag me down to that level. It won't work. If you are able to convince yourself that winning and losing is all on the QB then fine.. or that anyone who disagrees with you wants to fight knock yourself out. I will continue to point out the gaping holes in that argument and never once will I care if some idiot on the internet "takes me seriously." I talk football because I enjoy talking football.. If you're looking for more than that out of it.. well I feel sorry for you.

Oh, yeah, the soap opera, you would like it. It's called RonnieT24. You should check it out, will make you laugh for sure...........

And for the record, you did. You are dishonest about everything I guess. But hey, show up anytime. :laugh:

Oh and the whole "former tight end" slap..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, the soap opera, you would like it. It's called RonnieT24. You should check it out, will make you laugh for sure...........

And for the record, you did. You are dishonest about everything I guess. But hey, show up anytime. :laugh:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're attempting to troll as I find it hard to believe a person who can actually log onto a computer does not understand the use of the word slap in that sentence has nothing to do with anything remotely physical. So you are either a troll or an illiterate. Take your pick.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're attempting to troll as I find it hard to believe a person who can actually log onto a computer does not understand the use of the word slap in that sentence has nothing to do with anything remotely physical. So you are either a troll or an illiterate. Take your pick.

You are not going to give me anything cause you don't have any authority to do jack for anybody around here.

:laugh:

Run along and play now Ronnie. Your Soap Opera starts in a few minutes.......