News: PFT: Sources: Cowboys have made only one recent offer to Dak Prescott

GMO415

Reaction score
Truth is, we have no idea who offered what or what either side wants. Its all a guessing game.
Out of nowhere Wentz and Goff got signed with zero pre-hype. Fricken Jerry loves this crap and is releasing all this info, so DAL remains relevant on a daily basis! Its nonsense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Out of nowhere Wentz and Goff got signed with zero pre-hype. Fricken Jerry loves this crap and is releasing all this info, so DAL remains relevant on a daily basis! Its nonsense.
bingo. It makes him money getting the attention. Free advertisement ahead of the signing. CHA CHING.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THE HOLD UP IS Jerry is bilking every red cent he can outta this til the final day, then he will sign him, not a minute before. This is his M.O.

Blake

Reaction score
This contract story is like how when a popular Youtuber unintentionally turns into a bad meme because everyone was sick of their drama.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Even if he gets tagged it won't end Thursday. They've got until summer to reach a deal.

Exactly right ....... the only problem he CAN NOT report to any OTAs and/or mini-camps w/o either signing the tag or new deal. BTW, I'm guessing we would have already let Coop walk or made him a top 3 paid WR.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we have to him then trade or stop negotiating. Tag him two years , draft a round 1 qb this year or next then let him walk.....cannot be held hostage by a player who isnt top 5 at his position...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we have to him then trade or stop negotiating. Tag him two years , draft a round 1 qb this year or next then let him walk.....cannot be held hostage by a player who isnt top 5 at his position...

Tag him, let him have another 1 year prove it deal, while grooming the other QB. If he doesn't prove it, then let him walk the next season, if can't be traded. At least get a comp pick if he walks, and move forward. No tagging 2 years, unless the other QB is not ready. Depends on when they draft that QB and how far they get in the playoffs if Dak takes us there.

As for not being top 5, he sure has been in the top 5 stat wise every year, or top 10, which is hard to find a QB to be consistent like that.
He is not top 5 in rankings from the mediots and fans, but those do not count, it is only opinions.

Rayman70

Reaction score
can't tag Dak.It takes over 33 mil off our cap now, immediately..That would be an awful idea. We can spread out and pro rate the cap damage if we sign him long term. It just makes sense. That's why I think a deal gets done soon.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Poorly written article. Why would the cowboys make another offer if they haven't heard back from Todd France about the March 2 offer?
great point. ANSWER IS, they are throwing darts and they know NOTHING more than we do. Its just filling space.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
great point. ANSWER IS, they are throwing darts and they know NOTHING more than we do. Its just filling space.

I think we should start writing articles for national news organizations using only this web site as our "multiple sources". lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lol....Really, because they have never screwed up before? No disrespect my friend but look at the last 25 years.
no, but to your point...BECAUSE its been 25 years and no SB..and these clowns don't sign Dak?? THAT MAY FINALLY BE THE LAST STRAW. Its time for them to sell the team to competent football people if they are willing to allow the best QB we have had since Aikman, walk. I know that's high praise for Dak, but I am sticking to it.