News: PFT: Stephen Jones: Cowboys have “secret sauce” to win

NewsBot

Reaction score
The Cowboys haven’t won a Super Bowl since the 1995 season, and they’ve only won two playoff games since then. But, bless their hearts, they’re still thinking big. “We’re convinced we’ve got the secret sauce to put this thing back together again and win championships,” executive vice president Stephen Jones said, via Rainer Sabin of…http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2205814&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they've made significant strides since the Wade-era...

We'll see what the new season begets.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hes talking about PEDS, not sure if it's smart to brag to the media over it.

Seriously though I wish he would've gone into more detail.

I'd really like to know what light bulb they believe has turned on.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sooner or later the stars have to align, this may be it. No matter what the offense does, (sans Tony having another 20+ turnover string), the defense will drag them kicking and screaming to the play-offs.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

2 straight 8-8 seasons with no playoff appearances. Only in Dallas Cowboys candyland would that be considered significant strides.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 straight 8-8 seasons with no playoff appearances. Only in Dallas Cowboys candyland would that be considered significant strides.

Bob if you don't think this roster is better than the one Garrett inherited from Wade... Then I don't know what to tell you.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob if you don't think this roster is better than the one Garrett inherited from Wade... Then I don't know what to tell you.

He inherited the team last year that went 8-8?

Time to move past that line of thinking.

He has had his time to put his stamp on this team.

Now if we wind up with an 8-8 or similar (giver or take a game) this year will you still use that line of thinking?

For me I am tired of the talk about this or that being the change...I have moved on to don't tell me...SHOW ME.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Now if we wind up with an 8-8 or similar (giver or take a game) this year will you still use that line of thinking?

For me I am tired of the talk about this or that being the change...I have moved on to don't tell me...SHOW ME.

Mod on Mod violence, I like it. :)

I feel the same way.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we should do better -- probably much better -- than 11-5 and a playoff win, right? Because we have a better roster and better coaching?

If the standard you've set is 11-5 so be it.

It however does not need to be everyone's standard.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree.

They need to show improvement.

8-8 won't cut it.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Just because we agree on this doesn't mean we'll be taking warm showers together until the wee hours of the morning.

:( Way to ruin my day.

If the standard you've set is 11-5 so be it.

It however does not need to be everyone's standard.

11-5 and a playoff win are what Wade produced the year before the meltdown. He was implying that if the roster and coaching are better, we should far exceed those two metrics.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:( Way to ruin my day.

11-5 and a playoff win are what Wade produced the year before the meltdown. He was implying that if the roster and coaching are better, we should far exceed those two metrics.

Interesting that you are ignoring Wade's final season.

If you would "toss the baby out with the bath water" on say a 10-6 season and a playoff appearance, then so be it.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Interesting that you are ignoring Wade's final season.

If you would "toss the baby out with the bath water" on say a 10-6 season and a playoff appearance, then so be it.

I am not ignoring anything. Where did I say 11-5?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Wade

Completely agree. Wade is a nice guy, but he set this organization back three years at least with his soft approach to discipline and lack of detail. Very few players drafted (and who actually remained on team) during his regime actually improved. It was only after JG came on board, some of the players matured and begun to make strides as football players and some just as human beings.