News: PFT: Stephon Gilmore says his shoulder injury won't keep him out next week

blueblood70

Reaction score
“It popped out, and they popped it back in place,” Gilmore said, via Patrik Walker of the team website. “It feels great now. I’m excited for next week.”
I know he wants to play back in the playoffs again and I'm glad that he's gonna tough it out I don't expect him to put his shoulder down and make great tackles I just want him to cover well I mean Mr Smith had the same injury finished the game and then came back in the playoffs and did very well so you can play with it with pain management...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thank you!!! That would have been a huge blow. I was worried when jlew was hurting also. Wanted our guys out of there and on the bench.
Right not much later you saw Lewis almost had the same injury and we were like oh this can't be happening... This is a some good luck in a way coming out of this game and everyone's gonna be ready to go we were able to rest Zach Martin and Tyler Smith and we know their backups can do pretty well I mean things are looking up

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Don't put to much stock in what a player says right after the game, MRI is slated for tomorrow, I think it's 50/50 if he plays next week

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't put to much stock in what a player says right after the game, MRI is slated for tomorrow, I think it's 50/50 if he plays next week
actually some injuries like having something pop out of joint and putting it back in they do know it may be sore but the coach and the player both says he gonna be able to play managing pain he'll be fine I mean Emma Smith had the same injury and finished the game and played well in the playoffs it will be sore and there's a chance it could pop out again but when he says he's good to go it's because it's not really a true injury there'll be some information and some soreness when it pops out because you popped it back in but anybody who's had the injury knows you can play with it they'll probably have him with a sling underneath his shoulder pads

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Popping out is not normally a big deal. If they popped it back in and it feels fine, he will play. If there’s fear it will pop out again, they’ll put him in a harness, but if he doesn’t have a history, I believe him when he says he’s fine. How he fell trying to catch himself with hands to the ground is textbook for popping a shoulder out.

Thrill99

Reaction score
I know he wants to play back in the playoffs again and I'm glad that he's gonna tough it out I don't expect him to put his shoulder down and make great tackles I just want him to cover well I mean Mr Smith had the same injury finished the game and then came back in the playoffs and did very well so you can play with it with pain management...
Emmitt had a separation, not dislocation. The problem with dislocation is that it is more likely to happen again without surgery.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Emmitt had a separation, not dislocation. The problem with dislocation is that it is more likely to happen again without surgery.
I play sports all my life I understand what he has and he'll wear a sling underneath to make sure at least he gets the opportunity for it not to pop out you know it may not be an aggressive tackler as he was but he can still cover and smack a ball down and that's all I care about but in my opinion short term the dislocation is better than the separation..

sacase

Reaction score
He well have surgery. Once it comes out it's going to come out again. The ligaments are stretched

Reaction score
Popping out is not normally a big deal. If they popped it back in and it feels fine, he will play. If there’s fear it will pop out again, they’ll put him in a harness, but if he doesn’t have a history, I believe him when he says he’s fine. How he fell trying to catch himself with hands to the ground is textbook for popping a shoulder out.
These last 8 days have been amazing, I can't recall this many outcomes falling in our favor at the same time.