PFT Summation for Zeke victory

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In an effort to block the Ezekiel Elliott suspension, Elliott and the NFLPA threw plenty of arguments at the judicial dart board. Ultimately, multiple needles stuck at or near the bull’s-eye.

Based on the 22-page ruling from Judge Amos L. Mazzant III, here are the facts that drove the decision that Elliott did not receive a fundamentally fair hearing throughout the league’s internal disciplinary and appeal process.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/08/the-reasons-for-ezekiel-elliotts-victory/

Proximo

Reaction score
Wow, the judge's statements quoted near the end are very telling-

“The circumstances of this case are unmatched by any case this Court has seen. . . . Fundamental unfairness infected this case from the beginning, eventually killing any possibility that justice would be served.”

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score

“The circumstances of this case are unmatched by any case this Court has seen. . . . Fundamental unfairness infected this case from the beginning, eventually killing any possibility that justice would be served.”

Jeez. Well, that should be it, then. I suppose the judge is going to proceed to trial and get a big laugh out of the NFL trying to justify it's actions?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Well I agree with him. The NFL doesn't even try to hide it. they are doing all of this right out in the open.

shabazz

Reaction score
The funny part is this poor slob had to get 5 more games packed on to his suspension to try to make the NFL appear unbiased
20giants-web2-master768.jpg

Proximo

Reaction score
Judge really beat the NFL up regarding their attempts to conceal Robert's opinions.

I'm starting to like this guy.

"Consistent with its previous actions to suppress Roberts’s dissenting opinions, the NFL kept this sequence of events from the NFLPA and Elliott until the arbitration hearing. In fact, had the NFL succeeded in its overall goal, this sequence of events would still be concealed from Elliott and the NFLPA. The NFLPA filed a motion to compel the testimony of Roberts, and the NFL argued in response that her testimony was unnecessary, consistent with Friel’s testimony, and cumulative. . . . Luckily, the NFLPA found the fairness needle in the unfairness haystack and Henderson ordered Roberts to testify. The arbitration record shows that Roberts’s testimony was everything but unnecessary, consistent, and cumulative.”

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Jeez. Well, that should be it, then. I suppose the judge is going to proceed to trial and get a big laugh out of the NFL trying to justify it's actions?

I wish I knew the process better but I think the NFL has to appeal to the circuit court.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Judge really beat the NFL up regarding their attempts to conceal Robert's opinions.

Luckily, the NFLPA found the fairness needle in the unfairness haystack and Henderson ordered Roberts to testify. The arbitration record shows that Roberts’s testimony was everything but unnecessary, consistent, and cumulative.”

That part is just brutal to the NFL lol

Pokeness

Reaction score
I wish I knew the process better but I think the NFL has to appeal to the circuit court.
Yes the NFL will appeal but it won't affect this season, just like Brady and Peterson's appeal which unfortunately the NFL won both.

Proximo

Reaction score

Seems like it......I didn't expect him to be so bold at this point (although it's awesome that he is, ha).

I figured he'd talk more about the legitimate possibility of there being fundamental unfairness to Elliott...but he went right for the jugular and basically said a lot of what's been said on here over the past week. Pretty much chastised the NFL.

superonyx

Reaction score
That judge completely slapped the NFL right in the mouth.
He basically said the NFL railroaded Zeke and purposely hid the opinion of Kia Roberts just to get to their bias conclusion. He didn't just say it lacked fairness. He said the league orchestrated this decision and purposely tried to hide evidence from Zeke.

Wow...just wow..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That judge completely slapped the NFL right in the mouth.
He basically said the NFL railroaded Zeke and purposely hid the opinion of Kia Roberts just to get to their bias conclusion. He didn't just say it lacked fairness. He said the league orchestrated this decision and purposely tried to hide evidence from Zeke.

Wow...just wow..

And he said that they violated their own CBA.

I couldn't have written a more damning summary.

Last edited: