PFT Summation for Zeke victory

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Wow, the judge's statements quoted near the end are very telling-

“The circumstances of this case are unmatched by any case this Court has seen. . . . Fundamental unfairness infected this case from the beginning, eventually killing any possibility that justice would be served.”

As many of us who actually understand law wrote.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
It was funny how ESPN was trying to discredit the judge before the hearing earlier this week. They put up a graphic during Mike & Mike that said Judge Manzaant "A noted Cowboys fan".

Dont think I ever heard anything at ESPN about how Friel was a noted Giant's homer.

Kirwin & Miller commenting on it today but all in the commish has the power and never a word about destroying someone's reputation and fairness of proceeding

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The reasons for Ezekiel Elliott’s victory
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/08/the-reasons-for-ezekiel-elliotts-victory/

Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2017, 7:07 PM EDT
ap_17225108829857-e1502623030498.jpg

Getty Images

In an effort to block the Ezekiel Elliott suspension, Elliott and the NFLPA threw plenty of arguments at the judicial dart board. Ultimately, multiple needles stuck at or near the bull’s-eye.

Based on the 22-page ruling from Judge Amos L. Mazzant III, here are the facts that drove the decision that Elliott did not receive a fundamentally fair hearing throughout the league’s internal disciplinary and appeal process.

First, Judge Mazzant concluded that the concerns regarding the credibility of Tiffany Thompson demanded an opportunity by Elliott’s lawyers to cross-examine Thompson at the appeal hearing. Arbitrator Harold Henderson’s refusal to order the league to make Thompson available robbed the process of fundamental fairness to Elliott, in Judge Mazzant’s opinion

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So if the judge found all this to be so obviously bias, and wrong, and clearly covering things up to fit the narrative that the NFL wanted....what are the chances that this will ultimately lead to the NFL having to make changes to their management and how their suspensions are not only handed out but also how their whole process is done?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
All this, and though I haven't seen any news media take on this yet, or if they are still trying to side with the NFL. But they should be true to their profession and be truthful in reporting and tell it lo,e it is for once.
Have the halls to call out the NFL....has anyone seen anything yet?

I know that ****** bag Dale Hansen made his condescending remarks today...saying Zeke,will play for now, but will serve it in 2018 with a smirk. Man I hate that idiot. Why he and Goodell still jave jobs is a miracle.

His tactics remind me of SAS. Not worth even paying attention to.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Kirwin & Miller commenting on it today but all in the commish has the power and never a word about destroying someone's reputation and fairness of proceeding

I'm so sick of Espn and their east coast bias, playing up to Cowboys haters, that I cancelled my cable this past week. Unethical hacks!!!!

Dallas fans should cancel their cable this season, so Espn loses millions of subscribers. In my market, I will get every Dallas game this season, with rabbit ears on my TV.

:espn:

zekecowboy

Reaction score
This is amazing:

It is, without question, a home run for Elliott and the NFLPA. A federal judge has concluded, as Elliott alleged and many agreed, that the process lacks basic fairness to the player. While many like to claim that the NFLPA agreed to these procedures, the union did not agree to the implementation of these procedures in an unfair way. That’s why the availability of the court system becomes critical to the ultimate effort to secure for the players a degree of fairness that the league is clearly not committed to providing.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Either stay on topic and stop with political/social justice posts or the thread will be closed and/or you will get dinged.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
First, Judge Mazzant concluded that the concerns regarding the credibility of Tiffany Thompson demanded an opportunity by Elliott’s lawyers to cross-examine Thompson at the appeal hearing.

-

I mean, do you have to read any more than that? What rational individual would disagree? This is more than a 6 game suspension and lost wages. This is a defamation of character that will stick with him the rest of his life.

And his lawyers can't even question her under oath?

And the league says it was fair?

Fire this d-bag, lose the pink and get back to the wonderful men's game of football.
I can't credibly say this is your best ever post on this site, but it's the best I've read.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Because of the Brady ruling the NFL thought it was untouchable. They just got a rude awakening!
Agreed. The hubris exhibited on the part of the league FO knows no bounds. Pride comes before the fall and this may indeed begin the downward spiral of RG into the abyss. Kraft will definitely start to pile on at this point and I think the true power broker owners (including Jerry) will take full advantage and eventually show him the door. Who knew EE's case could be some sort of modern day Curt Flood situation...a game changer.

robbieruff

Reaction score
That judge completely slapped the NFL right in the mouth.
He basically said the NFL railroaded Zeke and purposely hid the opinion of Kia Roberts just to get to their bias conclusion. He didn't just say it lacked fairness. He said the league orchestrated this decision and purposely tried to hide evidence from Zeke.

Wow...just wow..

NFL FO debrief session after today's decision.