News: PFT: The Cowboys keep trying to change the meaning of the term "all-in"

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares? Just more click bait to rile up those that don't get it. This is nothing new, some are just gullible. This click bait is worse than Jerry....but, the negative one will buy it, hook, line and sinker.

Rayman70

Reaction score
winning cures all. Despite Jerry. That said, I wouldn't hold your breath this year. This might be the beginning of a dark period for the franchise for the next decade. Might make the last 30 years look wonderful.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
winning cures all. Despite Jerry. That said, I wouldn't hold your breath this year. This might be the beginning of a dark period for the franchise for the next decade. Might make the last 30 years look wonderful.
The Dark period was the 2000-2002 stretch of 5-11 years. That was fueled by bad cap spending and giving away 1st round picks trying to make one last run. I see no such dark clouds on the horizon.

The NFL is a coach's league. If people want to be concerned about something, worry about the next coach. If Jerry gets a boob and sticks with him, that's when you could stack up year after year of terrible seasons.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Dark period was the 2000-2002 stretch of 5-11 years. That was fueled by bad cap spending and giving away 1st round picks trying to make one last run. I see no such dark clouds on the horizon.

The NFL is a coach's league. If people want to be concerned about something, worry about the next coach. If Jerry gets a boob and sticks with him, that's when you could stack up year after year of terrible seasons.
I just see the team being buried by how the front office is handling things. It almost looks like they are positioning things so to sell the team. Its weird. Why else hold off spending resources?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I just see the team being buried by how the front office is handling things. It almost looks like they are positioning things so to sell the team. Its weird. Why else hold off spending resources?
IMO, they are explicitly trying to avoid having a long bad stretch. They are trying to roll their cap issues into this year as much as they can, let McCarthy be the fall guy and then restart next year with a new coach and a much clearer cap.

Maybe I'm giving them far too much credit but as you note, them leaving Dak's cap hit in place is weird. There has to be some rationale for it. Stephen Jones is no rocket scientist but he gets the basics. Every team spends the same amount over the long term as he recently said. I kind of think this whole think is a "cap boy" exercise.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I love all things Cowboys! Except that dude that gave you a like....please share your thoughts...
He is just a very curious person. He lives for our thoughts, especially yours. lol