News: PFT: The Cowboys keep trying to change the meaning of the term "all-in"

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They’re not trying to change the meaning of “All in”. They are continuing to pull on a thread that the media can’t get enough of. Once the media stops running with it, they’ll go to the next statement that should ride them till training camp. Probably a comment about the 2024 draft as the best draft they’ve had.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
They’re not trying to change the meaning of “All in”. They are continuing to pull on a thread that the media can’t get enough of. Once the media stops running with it, they’ll go to the next statement that should ride them till training camp. Probably a comment about the 2024 draft as the best draft they’ve had.
Exploitation at it's finest, the mark of a narcissist.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool so true, at least it'll give us something to talk and be gullible about again!! Sike it's never working again until we actually see it happen

fivetwos

Reaction score
The article suggests Jerry lied to fans because of ticket sales. Disagree.

Florio isn’t unaware of how PSLs work, and the fact that seats that matter have already been sold. Come on dude, always liked ya.

That wasn’t what was happening, nor should anyone have interpreted that to mean free agent bonanza. Can’t always take Jerryspeak at face value. We know this.

Fans and media think restructuring contracts to create cap room is no big deal. What it means for Jerry’s purpose is paying that player’s salary immediately instead of weekly later on. Tens of millions of dollars for multiple players….the interest on, and/or what could be made with that money in the real world is significant.

That’s what “all in” meant. Not a free agent spending spree, but also not about selling the seats in the 400 level corners.

My guess/opinion on a topic that is bound to age poorly….

In that same conversation he said that they want Dak long term “but he has to work with us.” My guess is Stephen set a certain number on an extension (similar to Tyron), and France told them to pound sand.
The problem I have is it very much feels as if this all catches them by surprise as opposed to an actual plan.

They should have planned to be in this spot (even if it wasn’t ideal, as plan b or c) contract wise and been more aggressive the last few years. Now what?

They aren’t good enough to have a title shot and aren’t bad enough to get better quickly. Absolute no man’s land, and the very worst place to be in pro sports.

Personally it doesn’t feel as if Jerry and son are on the exact same page with certain things, and it’s making them look like fools….which clearly never bothered them….but now also liars.

I think Jerry wants to win, while Stephen is picking quarters off the floor. Jerry still has his “final say,” and his radio show, and the second round of the draft to play with, but it should be clear to anyone paying attention that Stephen is running things.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The fans took Jerry’s “all in” comment as meaning the Cowboys were going to do what the Rams and Bucs did and make a big splash in free agency and pull off a big trade. :rolleyes:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fans took Jerry’s “all in” comment as meaning the Cowboys were going to do what the Rams and Bucs did and make a big splash in free agency and pull off a big trade.
Don't forget the media. They ran with Jerry saying ALL IN every day and still play that card every chance they get.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don't forget the media. They ran with Jerry saying ALL IN every day and still play that card every chance they get.
I never ran with it. After everyone started making a big deal over it, Jerry clarified it by saying we’re always all in. Stephen responded by saying if you’re not all in you’re in the wrong business.

strongarmqb

Reaction score
Jerry and now most notable Stephen Jones are timeshare salesman. They use terms like “spending to max of cap every year” to distract fans from the fact they only care about one thing- their own bottom line. They tell you there isn’t anything they wouldn’t do to win a Super Bowl- but 28 years of futility tells anyone with half a brain that the approach- whatever it is- isn’t working and won’t ever work. They don’t care about winning- just the illusion of being relevant. I’m sure that will be a great consolation to the fans when the losses pile up

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I just see the team being buried by how the front office is handling things. It almost looks like they are positioning things so to sell the team. Its weird. Why else hold off spending resources?
Better tentative than reckless.

Reaction score

Florio isn’t unaware of how PSLs work, and the fact that seats that matter have already been sold. Come on dude, always liked ya.

That wasn’t what was happening, nor should anyone have interpreted that to mean free agent bonanza. Can’t always take Jerryspeak at face value. We know this.

Fans and media think restructuring contracts to create cap room is no big deal. What it means for Jerry’s purpose is paying that player’s salary immediately instead of weekly later on. Tens of millions of dollars for multiple players….the interest on, and/or what could be made with that money in the real world is significant.

That’s what “all in” meant. Not a free agent spending spree, but also not about selling the seats in the 400 level corners.

In that same conversation he said that they want Dak long term “but he has to work with us.” My guess is Stephen set a certain number on an extension (similar to Tyron), and France told them to pound sand.
The problem I have is it very much feels as if this all catches them by surprise as opposed to an actual plan.

They should have planned to be in this spot (even if it wasn’t ideal, as plan b or c) contract wise and been more aggressive the last few years. Now what?

They aren’t good enough to have a title shot and aren’t bad enough to get better quickly. Absolute no man’s land, and the very worst place to be in pro sports.

Personally it doesn’t feel as if Jerry and son are on the exact same page with certain things, and it’s making them look like fools….which clearly never bothered them….but now also liars.

I think Jerry wants to win, while Stephen is picking quarters off the floor. Jerry still has his “final say,” and his radio show, and the second round of the draft to play with, but it should be clear to anyone paying attention that Stephen is running things.
I'd agree that Jerry wasn't trying to mislead the fans, IMO he is relatively straight-forward and speaks his mind without a filter. The problem is his inability to coherently convey his thoughts and the fact that his motivations are not entirely on the same page as the fans. He takes a conventional term like "all-in" and applies it unconventionally to his own random thoughts. In his head this is an "all-in" season for Dak and MM and the core they're trying to build around, meaning if they don't win then they scoot their collective chair from the card table and exit the building, they're done.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's because it was nothing but pure spew from the start. He never meant anything by it to begin w/. Just spewing.

kskboys

Reaction score

Why do you think that? Jerry has admitted he's a poor GM, but insists on remaining. If an owner knows his way of doing things is bad but insists on doing it the poor way anyway, just how much does he want to win?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Why do you think that? Jerry has admitted he's a poor GM, but insists on remaining. If an owner knows his way of doing things is bad but insists on doing it the poor way anyway, just how much does he want to win?
That was definitely far from the gist of the point in that novel of a post lol, but I’m pretty sure he would like to win as opposed to losing. Just not enough to understand that he isn’t the absolute best man for the job, and his kid is second best. It’s beyond absurd and almost crazy that they’ve gotten away with it this long in fact.

I’m not on the other side. Promise.