News: PFT: Trevor Lawrence says loss to Broncos “flipped a switch” in him

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence threw a pair of interceptions during a 21-17 loss in London that extended Jacksonville’s losing streak to five games. It wasn’t the first bad game that Lawrence has played since entering the NFL, but he called it a turning point for him on Wednesday because he “never forgot how I felt in that locker room because I never want to feel like this anymore.”

“I’m going to start taking care of the ball. But two, I just want to be the player that I know I can be and I think that kind of flipped a switch in me,” Lawrence said, via the team’s website.

The Jaguars have gone 3-2 in their last five games and Lawrence has thrown 10 touchdowns without throwing an interception. The stretch has looked a lot more like the player everyone believed they would see when he went first overall in 2021 out of Clemson and Lawrence said that he’s still drawing motivation from those who thought he would fail to meet expectations.

Read the rest: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...says-loss-to-broncos-flipped-a-switch-in-him/

Reaction score
So many times it's not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them. The Bucs are a prime example for the Cowboys this year.

The Jags are another example. They were much easier to beat in September/October than they are now.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
So many times it's not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them. The Bucs are a prime example for the Cowboys this year.

The Jags are another example. They were much easier to beat in September/October than they are now.

On the flip side, I think the Vikings were easier to beat after that Buffalo victory had them feeling themselves.

Anyway, I suspect Lawrence looks like Peyton Manning with Steve Young wheels this week.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
it's always crazy to hear when someone has to lose or struggle more than a couple of times before the "switch" flips. The prior 4 losses were cool but that 5th one was just to much lol. It applies to this team too when it comes to playing teams with losing records.

quickccc

Reaction score
Trevor is a running QB too, ..something we continue to struggle against.

i can see the Jax throwing a lot of RPO misdirections, and running the ball at us on Sunday, until we prove definitely that
we can handle those situations.

Hankins injury loss already compromises our run defense as it is.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Trevor has been up and down this season depending on competition from what I've observed, so I don't fall for this switch flip talk. Although, I expect Lawrence to have a good game vs DAL because the Cowboys let guys go off sometimes.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
He was one of the best college QB's I've ever watched. Dude is a generational talent. If he figures out the NFL like he has every other level of football the Jaguars will have SB hopes every season.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Jags had 4 players with PFF grades over 90 last week against the Titans. Lawrence was one of them. They are a hot team.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I doubt that there was a switch that flipped, or any kind of #RevengeGame motivation, as much as he's just gaining enough experience and confidence in what he's doing.

There's kind of four stages of learning any task.

-Unconscious incompetence (you don't know what you don't know, and absolutely suck)
-Conscious incompetence (you suck, but now you know what to work on)
-Conscious competence (you can now execute correctly, but it takes effort to think about)
-Unconscious competence (you can execute easy as riding a bicycle).

Lawrence was playing at a #4 at Clemson, and the NFL learning curve likely knocked him down to a #3. There's no question he knows to throw the hole-in-zone comeback against a cover 3, but can he put it in smaller NFL windows with a faster time to throw.

He's getting used to NFL speed, and starting to trust his reads and trust his arm. And the natural talent is taking over.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Trevor has been up and down this season depending on competition from what I've observed, so I don't fall for this switch flip talk. Although, I expect Lawrence to have a good game vs DAL because the Cowboys let guys go off sometimes.
He is on fire now, hate that he is having his breaking out party right now vs Cowboys, but the lightbulb has clicked, and we need to deal with him.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Not doing anything but spelling more doom for this team. They’re catching fire while we’re catching ON fire. We’re in for some trouble…

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Not doing anything but spelling more doom for this team. They’re catching fire while we’re catching ON fire. We’re in for some trouble…
I'm really trying to understand why you're watching the Cowboys. It's a game and a form of entertainment and you get nothing positive from it based on your posts here. All doom and gloom.

Swagger

Reaction score
Shame the Broncos loss last season didn't flick a switch for Prescott as well