PFT: Week six is Zeke's next target date

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Now the question is when/if Jerry and/or Stephen are bringing in quality replacement and no that's not Morris or Polar IMO.

As expected, August 6 deadline meant nothing to Ezekiel Elliott
Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2019, 8:14 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-6-deadline-meant-nothing-to-ezekiel-elliott/

When word first emerged of an Ezekiel Elliott holdout, some insisted that Elliott would show up before August 6 in order to receive what would have been his fourth year of credit toward free agency. Others (us) explained that the date meant nothing to Elliott, who cares far less about becoming a free agent and far more about getting a new contract — especially since he has two years left under his rookie deal.

August 6 has now come and gone, and Elliott didn’t cave. As expected.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Lmao ...
But I consistently read here (from very few) , that zeke would be here .

"Nothing will happen , because Zeke will be here." , i read time and again .
"Zeke deserves everything "... I read.

Its time to think about trading Zeke .

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I honestly didn't think it would get this far but I'm now starting to take him for his word. I don't think he's showing until a new deal or after week six.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
If this were to happen then below are the games Zeke would miss and return just in time to play the Birds. It is still possible to have a winning record when Zeke returns.

NYG
@Skins
Fins
@Saints
Packers
@Jets
Eagles (Zeke returns?)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lmao ...
But I consistently read here (from very few) , that zeke would be here .

"Nothing will happen , because Zeke will be here." , i read time and again .
"Zeke deserves everything "... I read.

Its time to think about trading Zeke .

Zeke will most likely not be traded.
Too many things would have to happen.

A willing team that would give Zeke the contract he wants and plus give up the draft picks / players Dallas would want.
And Dallas should not settle for anything less than 2 1st round picks and some additional picks, like a 2nd and / or a 3rd.

Because if they trade Zeke the SB chances, or even playoff chances are cut in half. And a rebuild continues.
And Jerry has his excuse to keep Garrett to an extension of probably 5 years.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I honestly didn't think it would get this far but I'm now starting to take him for his word. I don't think he's showing until a new deal or after week six.
I don't think he's showing up without a new contract. I think they'll come to an agreement before the opener. If not then we see what this offense looks like without him. Many here think it won't have much impact. We'll see.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

A willing team that would give Zeke the contract he wants and plus give up the draft picks / players Dallas would want.
And Dallas should not settle for anything less than 2 1st round picks and some additional picks, like a 2nd and / or a 3rd.

Because if they trade Zeke the SB chances, or even playoff chances are cut in half. And a rebuild continues.

So what would be different about that ?
Garrett gets his 5 year extensions regardless of post season records or outcomes.

Tooter_Magee

Reaction score

I think he's dug in so hard that he won't give in at the perception him being week and losing cred. Even if if would be in his best interest.
Hopefully his agent doesn't think the same and has some influence.

Eanwen

Reaction score
I'm not going to care until the real games start. Until then let the young guys show what they have.

superonyx

Reaction score
Now the question is when/if Jerry and/or Stephen are bringing in quality replacement and no that's not Morris or Polar IMO.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-6-deadline-meant-nothing-to-ezekiel-elliott/

When word first emerged of an Ezekiel Elliott holdout, some insisted that Elliott would show up before August 6 in order to receive what would have been his fourth year of credit toward free agency. Others (us) explained that the date meant nothing to Elliott, who cares far less about becoming a free agent and far more about getting a new contract — especially since he has two years left under his rookie deal.

These are the guys who cut Dez and tried and seceded to sell gullible fans on Hurns, Thompson as replacements.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Bull****. He will be gashing the Giants on opening day.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

a78a03092d323b12a37a8a0d9debbe621a3246e5ad6f3fe5753a8eb5f0a8f744.jpg

Blake

Reaction score
Zeke should hope for his own sake that he's even still in football shape by the time he's "ready" to deal.