PFT: Week six is Zeke's next target date

uvaballa

Reaction score
If this were to happen then below are the games Zeke would miss and return just in time to play the Birds. It is still possible to have a winning record when Zeke returns.

NYG
@Skins
Fins
@Saints
Packers
@Jets
Eagles (Zeke returns?)
Definitely will be favored in most of those games. Probably not the saints but that’s probably it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on how much Zeke wants to put his 2000 yard rushing year and leading the NFL in rusher no again in jeopardy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He plays the easiest position in football to replace and the 4th round rookie who took over as 1st team RB yesterday just so happens to be a star at camp.
practice camp and no tackling or game planning against each other..lmao:lmao::lmao2:hes on his way to the hof.

we've seen camp hero, freaks of nature athletically with speed be the talk until well real games happened and they disappear..

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Zeke will most likely not be traded.
Too many things would have to happen.

A willing team that would give Zeke the contract he wants and plus give up the draft picks / players Dallas would want.
And Dallas should not settle for anything less than 2 1st round picks and some additional picks, like a 2nd and / or a 3rd.

Because if they trade Zeke the SB chances, or even playoff chances are cut in half. And a rebuild continues.
And Jerry has his excuse to keep Garrett to an extension of probably 5 years.
Imagine following football and thinking you'd get 2 firsts and another 2nd or 3rd to trade an inefficient running back who has off field discipline issues and wants the largest contract at his position in history.

Just imagine.

I'd take a 2nd for him right now. And I'd serisouly consider a conditional 3rd.

I'm sure the Cowboys would take a single first.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine following football and thinking you'd get 2 firsts and another 2nd or 3rd to trade an inefficient running back who has off field discipline issues and wants the largest contract at his position in history.

Just imagine.

You would not make a very good GM then.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Flash forward to after this season and he's stayed out all season and only lost 3.9M and gets 9M to play 2020. The unthinkable has happened as it did in PIT and they found a good replacement and they extended the QB and WR. Now they have a 9M RB that they have to either bring in or trade and all of the possible trade partners, that are willing to pay him what he wants, have the upper hand. Plus they have a couple of players that that 9M would help keep.

No team is giving 2 1sts for a RB, I think the list that would give 1 is a very small one but add the money he wants I don't think there's a team willing to give a 1st. Add to this that if his replacement is more effective at scoring, does Elliott's value get reduced even more?

I do wonder if they've talked to his agent about if he is interested in a trade or put any feelers out to gauge the interest level? One of the magpies has already said they're not interested in making him the highest paid, I believe it was the same one that said it started with Gurley's numbers. So, one of the parties is going to have to crater and if it's the Cowboys, good luck in the future with star players. Maybe Vander Esch decides to push it in 2021 after they exercise his option? If you can get the team to blink with 2 years left on a rookie deal, why not go for it?

One thing for sure, the rest of the teams, agents and 1st round picks eligible for that option are all watching this closely and the guy with the reins in his hands is the lead guy for the owners in the CBA.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You would not make a very good GM then.
Imagine someone thinking a running back with off field issues, who is inefficient, showed up his 2nd year out of shape, and who wants to be the highest paid running back in football would fetch something approximating what teams give up for top qb prospects.

And then imagine that that guy said you'd make a bad gm.

I'd imagine that's a compliment.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
practice camp and no tackling or game planning against each other..lmao:lmao::lmao2:hes on his way to the hof.

we've seen camp hero, freaks of nature athletically with speed be the talk until well real games happened and they disappear..

You had to be that guy huh?

My point was that Rookie RBs produce all the time and so do no name backs that get volume when a starter is out.

But you couldn’t resist to come in a say hyperbole things like I had Pollard going to the HOF.

Truth is I have no idea how Pollard will do but if he has already climbed himself to the top of the depth chart then I feel pretty good that he will produce if given volume.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can the team rescind the 5th year option? Didn’t some team do that last year or the year before?
Not sure what that would do for him going into FA, but we could get comp pick, not that getting a 3rd is worth it, as it is not. Or if they use the franchise tag, some team may sign him and we can get 2 1st round picks.

Now the chance of that happening is extremely low. Lower than the Commanders or Giants winning the SB :muttley: but just throwing it out as another option.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You had to be that guy huh?

My point was that Rookie RBs produce all the time and so do no name backs that get volume when a starter is out.

But you couldn’t resist to come in a say hyperbole things like I had Pollard going to the HOF.

Truth is I have no idea how Pollard will do but if he has already climbed himself to the top of the depth chart then I feel pretty good that he will produce if given volume.
camp 0-0 Superbowl bound babay..:muttley: we sure are better off without our best player I mean we have unproven rookies..:popcorn:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine someone thinking a running back with off field issues, who is inefficient, showed up his 2nd year out of shape, and who wants to be the highest paid running back in football would fetch something approximating what teams give up for top qb prospects.

And then imagine that that guy said you'd make a bad gm.

I'd imagine that's a compliment.

Imagine anything you want.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Who else do we have on the depth chart for him to leap over? I'd be worried if our highest drafted player wasn't at the top of the depth chart at the outset.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
camp 0-0 Superbowl bound babay..:muttley: we sure are better off without our best player I mean we have unproven rookies..:popcorn:

It's just not a big deal.

RB's aren't winning anyone championships.

Defense, QB's, and Coaching > Everything else and that means especially RB's.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Just imagine.

And you would be just as foolish as you’ve been about Zeke since day 1

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Do you guys who tremble at the thought of a unproven or Rookie RB playing actually watch NFL games or do you just focus on Dallas?

Runningback production is almost all about volume regardless of talent.

You get touches you will produce unless you're just terrible.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think he and his agent simply saying without a new deal, he's NOT playing 5 total years/80 games that asked of a rookie first-rounder. Other words, if he chooses to report whatever number of games required this year, I can see him doing the same thing next season w/o a new deal.
At this point loyalty is out the window.......he's in a 110% business mode.