News: PFT: Will Dak Prescott be less than 100 percent all year?

CWR

Reaction score
This isn't a report, just Schefter's take on the Prescott situation. It's still notable, as Schefter suggests Prescott's injuries could keep him at less than 100 percent for most of the season. Prescott, who's second MRI showed improvement in his shoulder strain, was cleared to throw this week but has been limited in practice and will sit out Saturday's preseason game with the Texans. There's enough questions on Prescott and how healthy he is to shy away from his fifth-round ADP. Prescott told NFL.com's Gil Brandt he expects to be ready for Week 1.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports.com
Aug 21, 2021, 10:41 AM ET

CWR

Reaction score
"Less than 100% for most of the season", huh?

Maybe this will be a good thing, because the less Dak does the better we are.

2016-2018 version of the Cowboys is back on the menu boys! Let's win some football games!

On the positive side Zeke looks good. Hopefully we can get back to gashing opponents and controlling the clock.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score

2016-2018 version of the Cowboys is back on the menu boys! Let's win some football games!

Not that I agree with the premise of "less Dak the better" - I think he is a fine qb and our passing attack is better than running attack at this point. But I'd also say, I trust Garrett to run the offense of 2016-18 far more than I do McCarthy. Garrett had become conservative, which actually helped him when constrained by QB play. Forcing him into balance was useful. I don't think McCarthy will be that kind of coach.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
On the positive side Zeke looks good. Hopefully we can get back to gashing opponents and controlling the clock.
We have seen the "let Dak air it out" approach in 2019 and 2020. It's not pretty for the team success side of things.

We need to get back to the real engine of the offense. The run game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sign him for 40 million a year then try to phase him out of the offense as much as possible.

I love it when a plan comes together.

reddyuta

Reaction score
wth is happening? this is really bumming me out before the season starts.

CWR

Reaction score
We have seen the "let Dak air it out" approach in 2019 and 2020. It's not pretty for the team success side of things.

We need to get back to the real engine of the offense. The run game.

It helps when you have a defense and a running game, but yes throwing the ball 40+ times a game opens the door to mistakes.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Bad news for us but it does give at least a glimmer of hope to our opponents.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Crank up the running game, which is what they should be doing anyway.
This is one thing I have against pass happy Moore.
Well one of the things. I am still not 100% sold on him yet. Now if they start scoring TD's when they should, then I may come around a little bit. :laugh:

Batman1980

Reaction score
I am a huge Dak Prescott fan but I think the right moves were either sign him before the price tag was exorbitant or draft a replacement once his demands were too rich. Justin Fields will be a superstar eventually, not sold on Mac Jones.