PFT: Will McClay's response to Deion

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The players Deion kicked off the team without releasing their promo package...might say Deion is trying to divert the attention.

ghst187

Reaction score
No it's not a race issue on my part. I was simply asking where the notion came about HBCU players not being as good, When The ALL time leaders hail from HBCU's?

Payton, Rice, Harvey Martin, Newton Sharpe, Just to name a few. Race has nothing to do with it for me. It is and has been about talent
I mean is Deion and the media implying it is a racial issue?

Rayman70

Reaction score
But majority of the players drafted were black soooo….I’m confused…
I feel like I’m taking crazy pills these days
Thats the point. It shows that hes willfully blind or he's totally ignorant. I think its the first thing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I feel he’s just executing his agenda to use the jobs he gets to move up the coaching tree. I’m good with that but don’t pretend th me HBCUs are any sort of priority. Again, it’s about himself. I hate to judge someone’s intentions, but there is too much history to ignore.

No doubt if given the chance, he’d leave his current role after a year of it were higher profile even if it wasn’t a better job.
hes doing this at the expense of the kids and their parents, the school. It's shameful really. They just wanna play ball and get an education without all the drama I am sure. They didn't sign up for this clown show. No wonder he's losing so many kids.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hes doing this at the expense of the kids and their parents, the school. It's shameful really. They just wanna play ball and get an education without all the drama I am sure. They didn't sign up for this clown show. No wonder he's losing so many kids.
Yeah I have to divulge that I’ve never been a Deion guy and really dislike self-promotion so I am biased. But everything I’ve seen from him no matter how it starts out, ends with him being the story and not, as in this case, the kids.

I remember him in a presser giving crap to the media for not addressing him as coach or something like that. Yet he’s good with “coach Prime”. Gotta get that branding in there I guess.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why anyone even asks these kinds of questions other than to try and stir up controversy. Dieon has ALWAYS been about self-promotion. He is just one of the few who could back it up on the field.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Maybe Deon is saying that he thinks some guys are overlooked at that level. Maybe he has a legit point? Or maybe not.

Either way I can not care as much as many do.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Of course not, that would be ludicrous.
All NFL teams just want the best players, wherever they come from.
There was a player here from Merrimack college drafted by somebody. A very small local college in Mass. so if you can really play and show out then NFL scouts will find you.

plasticman

Reaction score
With Deion, the arrogance is so raw, his coaching talent so assumed, that it's downright funny.

Yeah, okay, we would do just about anything to win, but that doesn't trump the ecstasy of disappointing Deion. He's got some great players, some that could help win a championship. However, that just doesn't compare with conspiring to make Deion look bad.

Well, guys, he caught you, might as well confess. Now go sign all his players to the big contracts they deserve and prepare to become a dynasty.

I suppose it must be confusing to possess elite natural skills like speed, quickness, balance and ability to change directions without losing half a knee cap. He thinks that everybody has this envious genetic material floating inside them. They just didn't accomplish the same things as Deion because of inferior coaching.

However, his players are all elite because he coached them. Deion is using logic so we might not understand.

Deion was an elite player. Now he is a coach. Therefore, he is an elite coach. His players were not elite when they arrived . However, they are being coached by someone that was an elite player and is now, by "logical extension", an elite coach.

We must therefore conclude that the players will become elite.

Why can't NFL GM's see this?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don't believe NFL teams are intentionally not putting HBCU program players on their draft board.

The players just aren't as good.
Yep, it makes you wonder the true reason for Nate Newton's Colorado visit a couple of weeks ago..... hoping him to tout Deion's players to the DFW media??

stuckindc

Reaction score
There is a great interview with Deion on The Pivot with Ryan Clark, Fred Jackson and Crowder. Worth a watch/ listen. They discuss a lot of what his plan is and how / why he’s going about it. His part about 95% of the players is awesome.