Phantom calls

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Name another team that has gone an entire game without one holding call.

How about at least 7 teams just this year alone? This is just among the top 10 least penalized teams. I didn't even go through everyone. This is how a narrative gets started from people airing gripes but having not looked things up.

Carolina
Week 5 vs. Jacksonville

Indy
Week 1 vs. L.A. Chargers

San Francisco
Week 6 vs. L.A. Rams
Week 7 vs. Washington

Pittsburgh
Week 4 vs. Cincy

L.A. Chargers
Week 7 vs. Tennessee

Green Bay
Week 4 vs. Philly
Week 7 vs. Oakland

Chicago
Week 7 vs. New Orleans

By the way in their game against us, Green Bay got called for 4 offensive holding penalties. Both teams had 12 fouls called on them. GB had 3 declined, Dallas 1.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
How about at least 7 teams just this year alone? This is just among the top 10 least penalized teams. I didn't even go through everyone. This is how a narrative gets started from people airing gripes but having not looked things up.

Carolina
Week 5 vs. Jacksonville

Indy
Week 1 vs. L.A. Chargers

San Francisco
Week 6 vs. L.A. Rams
Week 7 vs. Washington

Pittsburgh
Week 4 vs. Cincy

L.A. Chargers
Week 7 vs. Tennessee

Green Bay
Week 4 vs. Philly
Week 7 vs. Oakland

Chicago
Week 7 vs. New Orleans

By the way in their game against us, Green Bay got called for 4 offensive holding penalties. Both teams had 12 fouls called on them. GB had 3 declined, Dallas 1.
It was a legit request. I only asked for one team but nnoooooooo. You had to run with it thinking it was a gripe. You can put your cape away. Nothing to see here.

If a narrative gets started that's on people like you who assume.

Thanks for the leg work, BTW..............

CB61

Reaction score
First, I'm not complaining about the officiating in our game Sunday night. In fact, it looked to me that we should have been penalized at least for illegal contact on the flag the refs picked up.

Second, these phantom calls might not be the ones that you think they are. I didn't like the two calls that went against us on the Eagles' TD drive, but I could at least see the reason those calls were made.

The two calls I'm talking about were in the third quarter, and I'm seeing if anyone maybe saw something I didn't when I went back and rewatched what happened. Both of our players motioned that they couldn't believe the calls were on them when they were made, and I agree with them. We still overcame them to score, so they weren't that big of a deal, but these are the kind of calls that kill us in close game.

The first one was a false start on Connor Williams. I've watched it several times and I see no indication that Williams was moving before Frederick snapped the ball. Williams was totally baffled by the call.

The second was holding against Dalton Schultz. Schultz lined up on the right side on a run that went left. He got out on the second level and engaged a defensive back, ultimately pushing him to the ground. I couldn't see any kind of pull or grab, and assume the call was made because the DB went to the ground. Schultz clearly shoved him, though, instead of grabbing him and throwing him. Schultz was pointing up at the big screen as he left the field to show that he did nothing wrong.

Did anyone notice something that I missed?
I didn't see anything you've missed but I will say these officials look for subtle signs that remotely suggest a penalty and they throw the flag they don't have any real idea of whether it happened or not just an assumption which is been happening in the NFL for years and seems to be getting worse. I am no way defending the officials but in real time it's got to be tough I actually think they need to do a better job of watching the game because sometimes it seems like they're totally somewhere else especially in missed in fractions when they're standing right on top of the play but yet they call a penalty from 20 yards away sometimes I just don't get it? Does anybody remember the NBA official that was caught betting on games ? I have a friend who said years ago that this was going on in the NFL I wouldn't doubt it a bit especially when we're talking about mostly White Collar people that are part-time officials working the best game ever played. Plus that NBA official accused every sports officials of betting on games

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It was a legit request. I only asked for one team but nnoooooooo. You had to run with it thinking it was a gripe. You can put your cape away. Nothing to see here.

If a narrative gets started that's on people like you who assume.

Thanks for the leg work, BTW..............

Wasn't a gripe? LOL. Let's recap. You responded to a post that went:

REFS leave a lot to be desired in 2019. Betcha the Packers LOVE THEM
Your complete response was:

They have for years. Wahgers is a kitty and built an embarrassing career as a QB imposter.
He crys like a girl when hit and wings it in hopes of a flag. That's all he's got with an OL that gets away with murder.
Hell.....we could all be a QB in Green Bay.

You whined that the Green Bay OL "gets away with murder" and then request to know if other teams go entire games without holding calls, again as if it'd be clear that Green Bay was unique in this regard and support you and others' conspiracy whine. So when you see that not one but at least 7 teams go entire games, you now backpedal about your post agreeing that the Packers love the refs because they get no penalties called on them or benefit from calls they don't deserve as "not a gripe" because surely yours was just a random request that had nothing to do with the whining before it. Sure buddy. Just take the "L" and say, "oh, I didn't know that" and quit pushing dumb, whiny narratives that you'll no doubt continue to push in spite of evidence to the contrary.

Seven

Reaction score
Wasn't a gripe? LOL. Let's recap. You responded to a post that went:

REFS leave a lot to be desired in 2019. Betcha the Packers LOVE THEM
Your complete response was:

They have for years. Wahgers is a kitty and built an embarrassing career as a QB imposter.
He crys like a girl when hit and wings it in hopes of a flag. That's all he's got with an OL that gets away with murder.
Hell.....we could all be a QB in Green Bay.

You whined that the Green Bay OL "gets away with murder" and then request to know if other teams go entire games without holding calls, again as if it'd be clear that Green Bay was unique in this regard and support you and others' conspiracy whine. So when you see that not one but at least 7 teams go entire games, you now backpedal about your post agreeing that the Packers love the refs because they get no penalties called on them or benefit from calls they don't deserve as "not a gripe" because surely yours was just a random request that had nothing to do with the whining before it. Sure buddy. Just take the "L" and say, "oh, I didn't know that" and quit pushing dumb, whiny narratives that you'll no doubt continue to push in spite of evidence to the contrary.
I know what I typed and to whom.

I especially know what I meant. I type what I think when it comes to mind. Keep trying to make it more than it is , Super Poster.

Should I have made a separate post just for you?

You run with your "narrative" which by all accounts you seem to despise, yet don't have a problem creating one.

Hypocrite..........

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I know what I typed and to whom.

I especially know what I meant. I type what I think when it comes to mind. Keep trying to make it more than it is , Super Poster.

Should I have made a separate post just for you?

You run with your "narrative" which by all accounts you seem to despise, yet don't have a problem creating one.

Hypocrite..........

That's right, hold firm to the original story. Never ever reverse course. Lol.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That's the trait of truth.......... "Lol". What, are you 10?

You mean like a 10 year-old who lies even after they get busted out in the open kinda like you did here? I'd divert too if I were you. Truth? What would you know about that, liar?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3eiqxe.gif

That's the trait of truth.......... "Lol". What, are you 10?
You mean like a 10 year-old who lies even after they get busted out in the open kinda like you did here? I'd divert too if I were you. Truth? What would you know about that, liar?

Seven

Reaction score
Brilliant! Not.

No "Lol"? hardly recognized you.

Your post prior to this was that I was holding strong to the same story. Never reversing course...... now I'm a liar AND I'm diverting? Who's busted?

I responded in good faith. Explained as such even tho you aren't worth the effort.

Now, it's put on your Rodgers jammies and stop harassing me. It's very obvious with your last attempt at a "post" you're in over your head.

Green Bay cockroach.

Night, Awon..........

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Brilliant! Not.

No "Lol"? hardly recognized you.

Your post prior to this was that I was holding strong to the same story. Never reversing course...... now I'm a liar AND I'm diverting? Who's busted?

I responded in good faith. Explained as such even tho you aren't worth the effort.

Now, it's put on your Rodgers jammies and stop harassing me. It's very obvious with your last attempt at a "post" you're in over your head.

Green Bay cockroach.

Night, Awon..........

Someone's agitated. Real truth hurts. LOL (just for you).

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Oh look. Green Bay just got called for a hold right when they thought they scored a touchdown. What of the conspiracy now? Lol.

Seven

Reaction score
Oh look. Green Bay just got called for a hold right when they thought they scored a touchdown. What of the conspiracy now? Lol.
NOW it's a "conspiracy?" Holy ****!!!!

Uhhhhhhh I dunno..?

Ask Jesus.

How's the weather there in Wisconsin, BTW?

Narrative.......what a Hack.