Twitter: Philbin eyeballing Kenyon Green at Pro Day

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LG is a bigger need and I bet Green is rated higher/ I’d take Ed Gram at 56 however
Meh.

Green absolutely sucked at the Combine. He got exposed during 1v1 drills. Plus, he struggled repeatedly during individual drills. Green is way overrated. Hope Cowboys don't take him.

As for Ed Ingram? Meh. He's not worth our 2nd round pick.

Here is a better Guard. Marquis Hayes from Oklahoma. He could be had in the 3rd round.

Need to leave the first 2 round picks for bigger needs at either DE, WR and LB.

garyv

Reaction score
Meh.

Green absolutely sucked at the Combine. He got exposed during 1v1 drills. Plus, he struggled repeatedly during individual drills. Green is way overrated. Hope Cowboys don't take him.

Here is a better Guard. Marquis Hayes from Oklahoma. He could be had in the 3rd round.

What do yall think about 3rd Round if available Derrick Kennard OL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This Green had a bad combine stuff is nonsense. Can you imagine what Nate Newton’s combine numbers would have looked like?
Nate Newton wasn't drafted. He was built with very good Oline coaching, hence a perfect example why it's better and way much cheaper if you stop using 1st or 2nd round picks on Olinemen. If you have a very good Oline Coach, you can draft Olinemen in the middle-to-late rounds and coach them up. The problem in Dallas is how Joe Philbin isn't that good at coaching them up.

FYI, Green DID HAVE a terrible combine. FACT. He's not worthy of a 1st or 2nd round pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Darian Kinnard has a lot of flaws. He needs a lot of work. Plus, he played Tackle instead of Guard in college. I wouldn't use more than a 5th round pick on him.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This Green had a bad combine stuff is nonsense. Can you imagine what Nate Newton’s combine numbers would have looked like?

Zero concerns about it…dude had the athleticism to play OT in the SEC at a good enough level he can be a G in the NFL. He’s a consensus top 25ish player on most boards too so it’s not like we’re trying to force him in to being a 1st rounder.

tm1119

Reaction score
Meh.

What 1vs1 drills at the combine are you referring to?

I remember he slipped and had to redo 1 drill…but thought he looked liked a guard should the rest of the time

Acceptablename

Reaction score
He’s a load [345] and he plays tackle I’ll look harder at him. He allows rushers into his body and gets off balance. That could just be poor training from the coaches and certainly can be corrected. I just want to give Dak the best protection possible. He has to show something this year.

Last edited:

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Heck I’d love to get Green in the 2nd round. That ain’t happening.

Reactions: BAT

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score

It's nothing but silly talk. The kid has 35 starts and all the film in the world to watch against absolute elite competition but folks get hung up on his 40 time. I'll bet Philbin doesn't even know what he ran. I can hear Joe now. "So Kenyon I know you started 35 games with 13 games at right guard, 10 games at left guard, and spent the remaining 12 playing both tackle positions, won A&M's offensive MVP two years straight and were all SEC 1st team, but man your 40 time is a lacking".

tm1119

Reaction score

Every single 1 of those articles point out the flaws as an athlete and relegates him to guard…no ****, we all already knew that. Do I have a single care about a guards 40 or broad jump? Nope, not at all.

I asked what 1vs1 drill he struggled in at the combine and you quoted a bunch of articles that don’t reference a single drill. Is it because the 1vs1 drill you claim Green struggled with at the combine doesn’t exist?

I would never advocate for Green if we had a top 20 pick, but at 24 in this draft class he’s certainly far from the worst option. If you watch an actual football he plays guard in you can clearly see he has all of the necessary tools to translate to the next level.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nate Newton wasn't drafted. He was built with very good Oline coaching, hence a perfect example why it's better and way much cheaper if you stop using 1st or 2nd round picks on Olinemen. If you have a very good Oline Coach, you can draft Olinemen in the middle-to-late rounds and coach them up. The problem in Dallas is how Joe Philbin isn't that good at coaching them up.

FYI, Green DID HAVE a terrible combine. FACT. He's not worthy of a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Bit of trivia...Nate Newton actually was drafted but decided to skip it for a chance to play in the NFL. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay USFL team, name of the team escapes me. I think he signed with washington but was cut before going back to play with the Tampa USFL team for a bit before coming back and getting picked up by the Cowboys

Carson

Reaction score
Bit of trivia...Nate Newton actually was drafted but decided to skip it for a chance to play in the NFL. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay USFL team, name of the team escapes me. I think he signed with washington but was cut before going back to play with the Tampa USFL team for a bit before coming back and getting picked up by the Cowboys
Tampa Bay Bandits!

That is all correct information!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every single 1 of those articles point out the flaws as an athlete and relegates him to guard…no ****, we all already knew that. Do I have a single care about a guards 40 or broad jump? Nope, not at all.

I asked what 1vs1 drill he struggled in at the combine and you quoted a bunch of articles that don’t reference a single drill. Is it because the 1vs1 drill you claim Green struggled with at the combine doesn’t exist?

I would never advocate for Green if we had a top 20 pick, but at 24 in this draft class he’s certainly far from the worst option. If you watch an actual football he plays guard in you can clearly see he has all of the necessary tools to translate to the next level.

I am curious about those one on one drills at the combine as well. Wonder if we could get some video of his combine performances.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan